Page 53 of 161 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh. Synch and Mimic are back.

How could they be apart of the resurrection machine?

BANNED

I could read an entire issue of Poccy-Poo being cute with animals.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Sinister has DNA of every or at least most mutants

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    ...and then in turn killed/subjugated dozens of Native American nations and enslaved millions of Africans. Historically, pride plus hard power has tended to lead to nationalism which then metastasizes into supremacism, imperialism, and mass violence. Or, as we Americans have traditionally referred to it, Manifest Destiny. And, to be clear, America is far from unique in this regard; such pride is typical of most nations.

Imagine Storm was a white guy and the crowd was a bunch of white nationalists. Substitute "the negros" or "the Indians" for all references to "the humans".

The denizens of Krakoa, including the X-Men, no longer speak of "the humans" as people. They don't even separate them into "good humans" and "bad humans". It's all one broad brush of othering. No distinctions. No gradations. Not even any proper names. No references to or acknowledgments of human relatives or friends. No belief in universal rights. No peaceful co-existence. No integration. Just separatism and nationalism. This isn't Xavier's dream; it's Magneto's. And none of the X-Men are questioning it. At all. No debate. No argument. Other than Logan's quibble with letting in the villains, no dissent.

Pride cannot be trusted. Pride leads to hubris. Hubris kills.
    But thats the thing. It's all assumption based on what other countries have done. Until the x-men cross that line it's just spec. A lot of white america don't seperate "good" black people from "bad" black people. They just think all black people are one type of way. Heck in the past they didn't even consider black people to be human. So i don't really see the difference aside from the mutants haven't created the atrocities their human brothers have so far. Which Magneto has been speaking on since issue 1. I don't see how they are doing anything wrong trying to survive. They aren't actively trying to hurt humans and are actually by a by product helping them. Anyway you slice it humans can give birth to mutants, they have to coexist with them to some extent but it's nice they now have a safe place to do it. Just like slaves had to escape up North From southern states to continue their fight for freedom because you can't fight for freedom when the system has a boot on your neck.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

The denizens of Krakoa, including the X-Men, no longer speak of "the humans" as people. They don't even separate them into "good humans" and "bad humans". It's all one broad brush of othering. No distinctions. No gradations. Not even any proper names. No references to or acknowledgments of human relatives or friends. No belief in universal rights. No peaceful co-existence. No integration. Just separatism and nationalism. This isn't Xavier's dream; it's Magneto's. And none of the X-Men are questioning it. At all. No debate. No argument. Other than Logan's quibble with letting in the villains, no dissent.
    I agree with a lot of what you said, but when it comes to the point where no human even wants to talk to a mutant, how can they acknowledge human relatives or friends that are nonexistent? There's the point of view that so many humans have treated mutants badly that the mutants couldn't even distinguish anymore. The mutant will try to tell themselves that "not all humans are like that", but when asked point blank which human isn't, they probably couldn't even think of a single name.

When every human a mutant meets tells him cruelly to get lost without even an introduction, at some point the mutant will just lump them in all together. As someone who had trouble getting friends/dates after reaching the working world, I know all too well that the extent of trying to make connections often ends in you receiving "I don't know you" and after a while it all runs together.
    Last edited by Yistaan; 09-18-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Out of all people it should be easiest to bring the X-men and their affiliates back. It's more than believable cerebro would be cataloguing us when the idea i think is suppose to be this was xavier plan since X-men # 1 but he needed to wait for the right mutants to exist.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Well I just gotta to say I never have thought that Marvel would go that far for the stories, but they did. They actually did cloning to a disturbing degree for the X-men. I mean I’m both disgusted and intrigued into seeing how this would turn out because it’s only a matter of time before the rest of the Marvel universe finds out about this.

Talk about never letting the dead rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said, but when it comes to the point where no human even wants to talk to a mutant, how can they acknowledge human relatives or friends that are nonexistent? There's the point of view that so many humans have treated mutants badly that the mutants couldn't even distinguish anymore.

When every person a mutant meets tells him cruelly to get lost without even an introduction, at some point the mutant will just lump them in all together. As someone who had trouble getting friends/dates after reaching the working world, I know all too well that the extent of trying to make connections ends in you receiving "I don't know you" and after a while it all runs together.
    OH BOY. That is so true. But that's the reality the X-Men live in...

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Maybe they keep some adamantium aside for such a scenario? But I feel it will come down to the 5 having the ability to recreate Wolverine with adamantium due to Proteus. He can warp reality after all, plus he is getting a major boost as well. So should be doable.

Cerebro making a back up of each mutant's mind/memories makes sense. But it also copies their soul/essence too?

Proteus husks are cloned bodies of Xavier. I wonder if they keep them on ice somewhere? Purely because Proteus is needed in the cloning process to help bring the body to maturity. Kind of hard If his current husk burns out without another ready to go. Unless Charles lets him die and transplants his essence later on.

Interesting that one of their long-term plan is to (eventually) resurrect the mutants killed during the Genoshan genocide. Charles just doesn't have enough telepaths on hand to process 30.000 plus mutant minds every week (which requires a 24/7 operation to be in place.)
    But then thinking about proteus powers and trying to be rational. Would Proteus be able to really recreate Wolverine's adamantium skeleton when he is weak to metals? I just thought about that.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Out of all people it should be easiest to bring the X-men and their affiliates back. It's more than believable cerebro would be cataloguing us when the idea i think is suppose to be this was xavier plan since X-men # 1 but he needed to wait for the right mutants to exist.
    So mimic would just copy there power to replace any members who were missing

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well I just gotta to say I never have thought that Marvel would go that far for the stories, but they did. They actually did cloning to a disturbing degree for the X-men. I mean I’m both disgusted and intrigued into seeing how this would turn out because it’s only a matter of time before the rest of the Marvel universe finds out about this.

It all calls to mind the morality of it all. Who wants to be a soldier for Xavier for all eternity? Do the get a say in the matter or will he be his usual creepy self and bring people back against their will only to be stuck in a perpetual loop of fight die resurrect.

But then thinking about proteus powers and trying to be rational. Would Proteus be able to really recreate Wolverine's adamantium skeleton when he is weak to metals? I just thought about that.
    Pretty easily, if Alchemy, Proteus, Beast, Hope and Elixir fused powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

Yeah, it's sort amazing how Hickman made something like cloning, a fairly standard thing in the MU, creepy as sin.

I guess it's the cult mentality around it and all the ways it could go incredibly wrong.

BANNED

Proteus is weak to Metal???

When has that been established. Did I miss something???