Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Terrance Ward, aka Trauma. Or to expand on this, if you took all the surviving C-Listers from Avengers Academy/Initiative like Komodo, Hardball, Mettle (I know), Hazmat, Cloud 9, etc... and just kept them together on a team, and you know, didn't killed them off because Murderworld or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    From the annuals of Timely Comics we have another hero. In 1941, Elton Morrow was an archeologist that participated in a secret expedition to Antarctica. There he discovered a mysterious gemstone, a glowing blue diamond. His ship is attacked and sank by a German U Boat as they attempt to ferry the discovery home. In the chaos, the gemstone explodes filling Morrow with it's shrapnel. He changes, becoming neigh invulnerable with super strength and flight, he becomes the Blue Diamond... and promptly takes to fighting Nazi's in WW2 before proceeding all the way into space adventures with the Fantastic Four.

Attachment 15897

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Diamond_(comics)
    He showed up in an old issue of Marvel Two in One during the 80s as an old hero who came out of retirement to help the Thing. He ended up becoming a cosmic being at the end, so you could easily have him meet up with the Silver Surfer or the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    Terrance Ward, aka Trauma. Or to expand on this, if you took all the surviving C-Listers from Avengers Academy/Initiative like Komodo, Hardball, Mettle (I know), Hazmat, Cloud 9, etc... and just kept them together on a team, and you know, didn't killed them off because Murderworld or whatever.
    I can understable your frustrations regarding your favorite character gets killed......but at least most of the surviving Avengers Academy/Initiative members are still around, so who know.....?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    "Killed off" is kind of easy to work around, them being LMDs and all. The end of the series more or less spells out that Stem Cell is going to rebuild the team.

I'm sure Warren's unavailability is what's kept them on the backburner, but I'd still like to see Marvel use them somewhere.
    Actually, I heard that Warren had something of a disagreement with Marvel on producing it. In any case, he's got his own success with Empowered now, so it doesn't look like he's eager to head back to Marvel anytime soon.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    I really miss the Initiative guys. Especially Komodo, Hardball and Cloud 9. Whilst I would love another Initiative book I'd be happy with just a cameo or one of them making it onto a team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    What about Gaurdsman? You know, the guy who wears the equivalent of the Mark 5 but green. Color me confused with time runs out and they are using tons of war machines. They do remember they have a bunch of those other armors right? If not the designs to make more right?

I mean this is a good concept. I'm really surprised we never saw more of these or ever got an upgraded version.
    I think Tony shorted them out during the Armor Wars, when he flipped out that someone had hacked his designs and went so far as to destroy even the Guardsmen armors he'd sold to Project Pegasus. Not sure about the Mandroid armors he'd also sold. Those were pretty funky looking and one might make a neat 'new' armor character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I really miss the Initiative guys. Especially Komodo, Hardball and Cloud 9. Whilst I would love another Initiative book I'd be happy with just a cameo or one of them making it onto a team.
    That book brought me back into Marvel after a year when I'd gotten through every solo book for the Black Panther (my intro character for comics) and just sort of floated out of the community. My heart just went out to Trauma after the stuff with his brother, and to Cloud 9 after they took her in when she was just flying.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

From the annuals of Timely Comics we have another hero. In 1941, Elton Morrow was an archeologist that participated in a secret expedition to Antarctica. There he discovered a mysterious gemstone, a glowing blue diamond. His ship is attacked and sank by a German U Boat as they attempt to ferry the discovery home. In the chaos, the gemstone explodes filling Morrow with it's shrapnel. He changes, becoming neigh invulnerable with super strength and flight, he becomes the Blue Diamond... and promptly takes to fighting Nazi's in WW2 before proceeding all the way into space adventures with the Fantastic Four.

Attachment 15897

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Diamond_(comics)
    I like the possibilities for Blue Diamond. Bring him around Axel!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Attachment 15875

I miss these two :-(
    These are so forgotten(by me as well) that I have no clue who they are at first blush. Give me some names please?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    These are so forgotten(by me as well) that I have no clue who they are at first blush. Give me some names please?
    From another post by the same user, I've learned that they are:

Lifeguard and Thunderbird III (Neal Shaara)

I actually like Lifeguard, but think she could do with some better writing if they bring her back. Something to really give her personality.

As for Neal Shaara... he could come back with another alias if Thunderbird is currently taken, heh. I'm always up for seeing more Indian mutants and such.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

From the annuals of Marvel Comics comes a man who took Thor's mantle by his own hands rather than being gifted by a dinky hammer. He was just an ordinary man that was part of a news crew smuggled into Asgard by Loki. He became so smitten by the Lady Sif that he swore to challenge the Thunder God Thor himself for her affections and with the aid of Loki and Odin managed to do just that by claiming the magical belt and gloves laced with the thunder gods power prepared as a contingency for Ragnarok if Thor failed to show. After daring to stand in the magical flames of Geirrodur he was transformed, absorbing the power from the artifacts into himself, but went temporarily insane as a result. He found Thor, and then beat the blond scoundrel nearly to death only to be stopped by the plea of Lady Sif who accompanied him away from the fight and counseled the new warrior in the error of his ways. Feeling remorseful, he took Thor's place and battled the Midguard Serpent only to die. He was taken to Valhallia but later restored as a champion of Asgard by a deal struck between Odin and Hela to ensure a future for Asgardian kind. He was last seen dismantling the plans of the Egyptian god Seth before walking away into the mists of history... I present to you a man with no performance anxiety in battle or bed. A hero and an unrequited romance story.

Red Norvell, a real god of thunder.

Red_Norvell_2.jpg

http://marvel.wikia.com/Roger_Norvell_(Earth-616)

Somebody bring him back.
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 01-17-2015 at 08:02 AM.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

What an impressive tale you weave!

I'm sold.

Get Sif away from that horsey man and into Roger Norvell's arms. ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I wish Gilgamesh the forgotten one would rejoin the Avengers.
    gilgamesh01.jpg
    the Eternals should be used more often by Marvel , even the Celestial life and death seeds get more conversation than they.
    The whole race is a powerful Dlist
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 01-18-2015 at 04:29 AM.

BANNED

Shadow woman / Sepulchre

Had a bad ass appearance in ellis's thunderbolts.
    deodato Jr tried in places to make her look like Kate Beckensale
    hope when she returns he Is drawing her.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you from the magical year of 1940, the one, the only, the original Vision! An alien law enforcement officer named Arakus, hailing from another dimension entirely, the Smoke World. He only came to earth to aid us due to pleas sent by radio to the stars by our very own scientists. He could generate illusory images, fly, create ice and extreme cold, and teleport wherever there is smoke. That'll teach villains to not puff on a cigarette... Had he endured in publication he would have been more the Martian Manhunter than the Martian Manhunter is today.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_(Timely_Comics)
    He Is awesome for sure really really hope the do a whole arc related to him in the current bucky series, as the recent invaders appearance already set up that they are aware of the other currently, there jobs and duties are kinda similar now and Marco Rudy painting this guy would be epic.
    Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 01-17-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I wish Gilgamesh the forgotten on would rejoin the Avengers.
    gilgamesh01.jpg
    the Eternals should be used more often by Marvel , even the Celestial life and death seeds get more conversation than they.
    they whole race is a powerful Dlist
    Yeah, the Eternals should be used more. Sersi back in the day was a fun Avenger.

And it's still a little surprising that Ikaris was never an Avenger.

From the annuals of Marvel Comics comes a man who took Thor's mantle by his own hands rather than being gifted by a dinky hammer. He was just an ordinary man that was part of a news crew smuggled into Asgard by Loki. He became so smitten by the Lady Sif that he swore to challenge the Thunder God Thor himself for her affections and with the aid of Loki and Odin managed to do just that by claiming the magical belt and gloves laced with the thunder gods power prepared as a contingency for Ragnarok if Thor failed to show. After daring to stand in the magical flames of Geirrodur he was transformed, absorbing the power from the artifacts into himself, but went temporarily insane as a result. He found Thor, and then beat the blond scoundrel nearly to death only to be stopped by the plea of Lady Sif who accompanied him away from the fight and counseled the new warrior in the error of his ways. Feeling remorseful, he took Thor's place and battled the Midguard Serpent only to die. He was taken to Valhallia but later restored as a champion of Asgard by a deal struck between Odin and Hela to ensure a for the future of Asgardian kind. He was last seen dismantling the plans of the Egyptian god Seth before walking away into the mists of history... I present to you a man with no performance anxiety in battle or bed. A hero and an unrequited romance story.

Red Norvell, a real god of thunder.

Red_Norvell_2.jpg

http://marvel.wikia.com/Roger_Norvell_(Earth-616)

Somebody bring him back.
    I love this character. I'd love it if they gave him a book, sent him on 70's-styled cosmic adventures with 70's-tinged dialogue and an artist who can mimic Kirby. Such a waste that he's not used, and Thunderstrike is more popular--Red is far more badass than Thunderstrike. Awesome origin, also.

PLEASE make this guy more visible, Marvel.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/