Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have an interesting one:

What If... Silk would have never been kept in Ezekiel's bunker? What if she kept living her life as usual?
    Yet another worthy idea which should be explored.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yet another worthy idea which should be explored.
    Thanks, pal. Although I have to say, this possibility worries me. I mean, if Silk would have lived her life normally, how would this have affected Peter? I mean, considering what happens when they are together, would have they summited to their instints and end up as a couple? I mean, when Anna Maria Marconi met her for the first time, Silk's instint was getting aggresive and say "Back off!! He's mine now! Understood?!". What it could have happened if they have gotten married and had kids?

One idea that came to mind. In Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, it's established that Otto & Norman had a brief period of cooperation during the latter's exile in Europe. It deteriorated, however, culminating in Norman having Otto's first love, May Alice Burke, run off the road and having her blood tainted with a deadly virus that culminated in a Spider-Man Unlimited story that ended in her death. As per Superior Team-Up, Otto tried to kill Norman in revenge, but when failing to do so decided he would do so by proving himself the superior foe of Spider-Man.

However, what if he'd decided to take another approach to revenge on Norman, by frustrating his schemes?

What If...he'd told Spider-Man that Norman was still alive and plotting against him?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    One idea that came to mind. In Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, it's established that Otto & Norman had a brief period of cooperation during the latter's exile in Europe. It deteriorated, however, culminating in Norman having Otto's first love, May Alice Burke, run off the road and having her blood tainted with a deadly virus that culminated in a Spider-Man Unlimited story that ended in her death. As per Superior Team-Up, Otto tried to kill Norman in revenge, but when failing to do so decided he would do so by proving himself the superior foe of Spider-Man.

However, what if he'd decided to take another approach to revenge on Norman, by frustrating his schemes?

What If...he'd told Spider-Man that Norman was still alive and plotting against him?
    That would be a game-changer. The 1990s' Era Clone Saga would evolve in a totally different way. Baby Mayday might even have lived.

Question - Would Otto overtly help Peter (perhaps from behind the scenes like a twisted guardian angel) or just tell Peter to be on guard because Norman is still out there and plotting.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post

That would be a game-changer. The 1990s' Era Clone Saga would evolve in a totally different way. Baby Mayday might even have lived.

Question - Would Otto overtly help Peter (perhaps from behind the scenes like a twisted guardian angel) or just tell Peter to be on guard because Norman is still out there and plotting.
    Considering that when Otto died for the first time in the 90s Clone Saga, he had just saved Peter from dying of a virus after deducing his identity and admitted that he'd come to a level of genuine respect and appreciation for his foe, I could see him helping Peter in his own way against Norman, having no desire to see Peter lose the woman he loved the same way Otto did.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering that when Otto died for the first time in the 90s Clone Saga, he had just saved Peter from dying of a virus after deducing his identity and admitted that he'd come to a level of genuine respect and appreciation for his foe, I could see him helping Peter in his own way against Norman, having no desire to see Peter lose the woman he loved the same way Otto did.
    Thanks for your input.

I really like this idea and might try my hand it at. Another question is when should Doc Ock intervene: when Chameleon tries to pass off the robot-parents as genuine articles, when Peter is fooled into thinking he might not be the "real one", before these events, or after?

What if Teresa Parker was raised alongside Peter?

Thanks for your input.

I really like this idea and might try my hand it at. Another question is when should Doc Ock intervene: when Chameleon tries to pass off the robot-parents as genuine articles, when Peter is fooled into thinking he might not be the "real one", before these events, or after?
    You're welcome, and I would say start with the robot parents, as that was the impetus for a lot of Peter's downward spiral prior to the Clone Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What if Teresa Parker was raised alongside Peter?
    I like that idea, too.

What if Peter was Norman's son

Thanks for your input.

I'd say maybe right after Spider-Man Unlimited 3. So yeah, the robot parents are in play at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I like the idea of everyone in the lab getting powers.
    I like the idea of some of them becoming villains and antiheroes as well as heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I like the idea of some of them becoming villains and antiheroes as well as heroes.
    That would make sense. The idea strikes me as somewhat similar to how The Flash TV series unified the origins of both the protagonist and many if not most of his enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would make sense. The idea strikes me as somewhat similar to how The Flash TV series unified the origins of both the protagonist and many if not most of his enemies.
    Didn't Spider-Man: Chapter One try something similar to that?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't Spider-Man: Chapter One try something similar to that?
    And Ultimate Spider-Man as well, along with the Amazing Spider-Man films.

What if Ben Reilly immediately became the Scarlet Spider?

Rather than laying low and going into hiding all those years, what if Ben just decided right off the bat to keep being a hero in New York, just not as Spider-man?