Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    It all depends how the writer writes it, they could come up with a new way to take them down. And it all depends on who is fighting who. But I did say some of them are more powerful. My comment was that not all of them are haha.
    Well of course. I was just thinking practically. It would be really lame if Valiant just raped everyone except Ghost, and then she ran away.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I only read Quantum & Woody from Valiant which is now almost done except for a hollaback issue from the original creative team. I would definitely buy a Ninjak title if they ever decide to do one. As far as Project Black Sky....I have nothing at all but good to say about the whole deal. Dark Horse is truly nailing it with their hero line.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    I only read Quantum & Woody from Valiant which is now almost done except for a hollaback issue from the original creative team. I would definitely buy a Ninjak title if they ever decide to do one. As far as Project Black Sky....I have nothing at all but good to say about the whole deal. Dark Horse is truly nailing it with their hero line.
    Hey Steeplejack, if you are looking to continue scratching that Q&W itch, be sure to check out the Delinquents. Quantum & Woody/Archer& Armstrong crossover mini-series that started this week, and just scored a lovely 5 star review from CBR!

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Agreed: Dark Horse is killing it with Project Black Sky! Check these links for more info on these books!

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2014...from-dark.html

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2014...10-issues.html

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2014...omic-book.html

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Hey Steeplejack, if you are looking to continue scratching that Q&W itch, be sure to check out the Delinquents. Quantum & Woody/Archer& Armstrong crossover mini-series that started this week, and just scored a lovely 5 star review from CBR!

Sheesh....you know I looked at that when I was ordering my comics for my monthly pull list, and decided to pass it up because I don't much about Archer & Armstrong. Maybe when the whole thing comes out I will look into getting it. The preview looked kind of funny.

Sheesh....you know I looked at that when I was ordering my comics for my monthly pull list, and decided to pass it up because I don't much about Archer & Armstrong. Maybe when the whole thing comes out I will look into getting it. The preview looked kind of funny.
    Well, I can't say for certain because my copy hasn't came in yet, but you shouldn't have any problems if you haven't read A&A before. Just know that they're all about busting up ridiculous conspiracies and cults.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Well, I can't say for certain because my copy hasn't came in yet, but you shouldn't have any problems if you haven't read A&A before. Just know that they're all about busting up ridiculous conspiracies and cults.
    Indeed. And it may be with mentioning that while James Asmus (writer of Q&W) and Fred Van Lente (writer of A&A) developed the story together, Asmus is the one writing it. A&A are true to form, but the Q&W feel shines through.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I read those, some of the stuff he said, could apply to Black Sky too. Which I think is great for both companies. Thanks for sharing.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Incredible Member

A couple of more articles around getting started with Valiant Comics:

http://valiantcentral.com/getting-st...comics-part-1/
    http://valiantcentral.com/getting-st...comics-part-2/

And the timing couldn't be better... check out this insane deal over at Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

A perfect opportunity for anyone looking to jump into this amazing universe!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    And the timing couldn't be better... check out this insane deal over at Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

A perfect opportunity for anyone looking to jump into this amazing universe!
    Cool, I will pick up some issues I have been meaning to check out! Thanks!

Speak of bundles, this is somewhat like a bundle:

DeConnick! Van Lente! Seeley! Barbiere! Sebela!
    Black Sky Sampler
    Frank Barbiere (W), Fred Van Lente (W), Kelly Sue DeConnick (W), Christopher Sebela (W), Tim Seeley (W), Colin Lorimer (A), Freddie Williams II (A), Ryan Sook (A), Mike Norton (A), and Terry and Rachel Dodson (Cover)
    On sale Oct 15
    FC, 96 pages
    $4.99
    One-shot
    A mysterious dimension hopper. A psychokinetic prodigy. A beautiful and vengeful specter. A socially inept sorcerer. Only they can deliver us from Black Sky! Don’t miss this value-priced primer with four action-packed issues! Enter the thrilling universe of Dark Horse superheroes! Contains Blackout #1, Brain Boy #0, Ghost #1, and The Occultist: At Death’s Door #1.
    • Four amazing comics for one superlow price!

Its a great way to check out the first issues of 4 different series from Project Black Sky. And its for a wonderful cheap price. Also if digital is your thing PBS has a bunch of bundles on there website, just go to there digital store and hint "bundles" and find ones for X, Captain Midnight and more. Or you can search Project Black Sky to find all the digital deals.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Incredible Member

I am firmly in the Valiant camp. Valiant is, quite simply, my favorite comic book company ever.

However, after reading some posts on here, I decided to shop around for some PBS stuff. I just purchased a lot on eBay, which includes Captain Midnight 0-14, Skyman 1-4, Blackout 1-4, Brain Boy 0, Brain Boy 1-3, Brain Boy 1-4 (i.e., both minis), and the PBS FCBD comic for $30 plus $5 for shipping. I am looking forward to jumping into this world! I guess I will have to look into Ghost, X, and the others.

A question on how I should approach reading them...should I read in the order they were published, or by series?

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I am firmly in the Valiant camp. Valiant is, quite simply, my favorite comic book company ever.

However, after reading some posts on here, I decided to shop around for some PBS stuff. I just purchased a lot on eBay, which includes Captain Midnight 0-14, Skyman 1-4, Blackout 1-4, Brain Boy 0, Brain Boy 1-3, Brain Boy 1-4 (i.e., both minis), and the PBS FCBD comic for $30 plus $5 for shipping. I am looking forward to jumping into this world! I guess I will have to look into Ghost, X, and the others.

A question on how I should approach reading them...should I read in the order they were published, or by series?
    I can't give you the best answer, seeing as I haven't read all of X yet, but I think series-by-series would be best. Standouts to me are X, Captain Midnight (starts off a little slow, but gets really intense sooner than you'd expect), and Blackout. All of them are pretty good though. I'm also looking for Two Past Midnight, a crossover story starring X, Ghost, and Cap. I've read the first few pages, and they were fantastic. Such a unique set of superheroes.

With that being said though.. I'm 100% Valiant like you. I just recently found it, and it immediately jumped to my favorite publisher. (Almost) literally everything they put out is fantastic. When it comes to 21st Century superheroes, it just doesn't get better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Well of course. I was just thinking practically. It would be really lame if Valiant just raped everyone except Ghost, and then she ran away.
    Let's have it Capmid and X vs Quantum and Woody and Brain Boy vs Bloodshot. Who will win? Hahahahaha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I would read a cross over series between PBS and Valiant haha. Out of continuity I would hope lol.
    I would love a team-up for PBS and Valiant characters.