Page 10 of 233 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

So should he have been officially adopted? How old genreally is Bruce when he meets Dick?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So should he have been officially adopted? How old generally is Bruce when he meets Dick?
    I honestly don't care since it's just papers while they already have a legendary bond, and Dick doesn't personally care about the Wayne wealth or inheritance.

Bronze Age, Bruce is 28 when Dick is 18 but he started as a kid, so... umm... let's say 22 and 12 at the oldest.
    Post Crisis, Bruce is 28, Dick is 8
    New 52, Bruce is 26, Dick is 16
    So I guess on average he's mid-twenties

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I honestly don't care since it's just papers while they already have a legendary bond, and Dick doesn't personally care about the Wayne wealth or inheritance.

Bronze Age, Bruce is 28 when Dick is 18 but he started as a kid, so... umm... let's say 22 and 12 at the oldest.
    Post Crisis, Bruce is 28, Dick is 8
    New 52, Bruce is 26, Dick is 16
    So I guess on average he's mid-twenties
    I think Post Crisis Bruce was 27 and Dick was 12.

I mean I guess 8 to 12 would be a good age for Dick to be adopted. Maybe official adopted. I mean for the most part what should the bond be father and son? Or siblings

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    I think Post Crisis Bruce was 27 and Dick was 12.
    He returned to Gotham at 25 and Dick came in at Year Three, so I guess he can still be 27
    The 8 one I got from Devin Grayson run but I think he is older in Year One

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The 8 one I got from Devin Grayson run but I think he is older in Year One
    The 8 is kind of non sense. It is mentioned in some comics, but in comics that show is origin story or that are set at the beginning of his career he is usually more like 12.

Btw. for teh Golden Age it was retconned the Bruce was Born in 1915 and Dick in 1928, and they met the first time in 1940, so Bruce was 25 and Dick 12.

Fantastic Member

Golden Age Dick also doesnt act like 8 to me. I will forever find it funny that Golden Age heroes were all like early 20s, yet Golden Age Bruce acts and thinks MUCH more pragmatic and adult than any later Bruce who was older than him, and [GA] much more explicitly a dad to Dick.

I have to admit tho i like Bruce younger than 25 when he started, and meeting Dick 1 year in rather than 2 year. Year One is not something i trust for mainstream Batman.

I avoid Devin Grayson in everything Batfam, really. That includes the adoption.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 01-10-2020 at 03:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The 8 is kind of non sense. It is mentioned in some comics, but in comics that show is origin story or that are set at the beginning of his career he is usually more like 12.

Btw. for teh Golden Age it was retconned the Bruce was Born in 1915 and Dick in 1928, and they met the first time in 1940, so Bruce was 25 and Dick 12.
    Originally he was 8 it’s changed many times over the years and will continue to since they try to minimize Bruce’s age difference

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Originally he was 8
    Not really, him starting at 8 was mentioned the first time in Marv Wolfmans NTT.

Funny thing is, NTT also established that the original Teen Titans weren't even teens yet - 20 year old Dick had supposedly known Donna for eight years - which would mean they were 12 when the TT were formed. And Garfield Logan had been their peer in the 70s series, but was three years younger than them in NTT. Wolfman clearly didn't do the maths right.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/10/abc-t...ink-penis/amp/
    A whole new meaning to Big Dick Little Dick.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

I’m curious. Given the fact his name in some continuities his name came from Clarke’s home planet. About a guy who made himself fly. Show Nightwing have made his suit somewhat capabilities to fly? Or thanks to his acrobatics that’s good enough

I think that flight might be a bit excessive for the type of hero Nightwing is, but I know in some continuities he has Spider-man like gliders under his arms, which I wouldn't mind seeing in the main universe.