Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Disney did change the logo, FYI.
    What, you mean the titles? Not really. It's just the font from one of the original movies posters with the new movies title shittly smashed between Star and Wars like some kind of bad photoshop sandwich. And it seems like that's how it's going to be across the three main Star Wars movies Disney does, maybe even beyond that, who knowns. That wasn't a thing Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi did; those three movies all had their own unique title designs with their own fonts back when they came out. Disney Star Wars are so afraid of doing something different they can't even change the title designs for The Last Jedi from the The Force Awakens one, (and it ain't like they hit one some fantastic title design with TFA) and the biggest part of the title is Star Wars. These Disney movies I think are the first time "Star Wars" has been bigger in the title design on release posters than the actual titles of the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Director says don't watch it if you don't want spoilers.
    Think this will air during the first commercial break?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Think this will air during the first commercial break?
    I'd imagine it'd be more towards the middle or end. They don't usually put those kind of "watch that to see this" type of commercials during the first commercial break.

The prequels didn't really do anything innovate with their logos either. (although some AOTC merchandise had an ESB-style logo). Pretty much all the titles have pretty much used the ROTJ-style look since ROTJ itself.

I think what he was referring to is that the marketing has turned the Star Wars logo red, instead of the typical yellow/gold.

The term "Mega Star Destroyer" is probably intended to evoke the Super Star Destroyer-Vader's ship-which is even called that by name in ROTJ. And that sounds far more like a video game to me.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    I'd imagine it'd be more towards the middle or end. They don't usually put those kind of "watch that to see this" type of commercials during the first commercial break.
    Halftime, approximately 9:30 ish

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 10-09-2017 at 07:06 PM.

The poster seems very similar to ROTJ's. Leia's more or less in a similar place. Curious that Poe is on the bad guy side. Could Poe actually be a first order spy of some kind, or defect to them? Maybe the name is a bit of a hint....(Poe is often a nickname used for Internet trolls). Might just be nothing, and certainly Poe has been portrayed as a hero in his own comic and of course his parents were rebels in "Shattered Empire"....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The prequels didn't really do anything innovate with their logos either. (although some AOTC merchandise had an ESB-style logo). Pretty much all the titles have pretty much used the ROTJ-style look since ROTJ itself.

I think what he was referring to is that the marketing has turned the Star Wars logo red, instead of the typical yellow/gold.

The term "Mega Star Destroyer" is probably intended to evoke the Super Star Destroyer-Vader's ship-which is even called that by name in ROTJ. And that sounds far more like a video game to me.
    You're right, the prequels don't, although I'd also say their logo design is far better. The prequel title designs were also trying to consolidate this whole idea of the Episodes. They're going for a thing, it's not as fun of a thing as the originals, and the kind of classical design doesn't make all that much sense with the more bombastic nature of the prequels and what they're seemingly trying to do. But I get, it's unified design makes some certain level of sense. And that Return of the Jedi like design is nice looking, unlike the terrible title design of the new ones; although I like the other Return of the Jedi design for Return of the Jedi. But the new movies, which are meant to be harkening back to the originals, a unified title design don't make no sense.

They both sound video gamey, which I don't mind, it's kind of fun. I just wish their was some new new ****, not a bunch of 2.0 versions of **** we saw in the first 3 movies. The Force Awakens would have really benefited from having a bunch of new radically different designs for stuff give it's a remake of the first movie...you're going to remake the original movie, at least come up with new feeling **** for me to look at along the way. They wouldn't even need to be radically different, just somewhat different while being similar. Take that armor from The Red Spectacles and Jin-Oh: The Wolf Brigade, something similar to that could easily work as the new armor for the new Empire group, its similar but also very different from what came before, and still falls into the WW2 Nazi inspired sci-fi look. Could also have just interated one what was there until it looked new...as opposed to just putting a smile on the Stormtrooper helmet. This 2.0 stuff sucks because a whole lot of people have drawn on the designs of Star Wars, and a whole lot of them are more interesting looking then the **** the actual new Star Wars movies are coming up with.

Ultimate Member

Visually it looks FANTASTIC!!

Finn dueling Phasma, cool.

I'm surprised that we got pretty much nothing with Rose or Holdo here.

That last shot had better be a fake-out.

Still iffy on what they're doing with Luke. I don't really buy him taking this as the big message from Kylo's fall, but we'll see if they can make that believable.

That shot with Snoke is creepy, but hopefully it's not the end of the film. And for the love of all things sacred, don't have her be stupid enough to join him.

I hope that we get a direct Kylo vs. Leia confrontation at some point.

Honestly the trailers for TFA got me far more excited to see that film than this does to see TLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
    *real great picture*
    Man, now that's a pretty cool visual.

One of the coolest from Star Wars i would even say.

And looking at that picture one haunting question of course automatically comes to my mind. Who's going to end up with C3PO?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    And looking at that picture one haunting question of course automatically comes to my mind. Who's going to end up with C3PO?
    Leia for this movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Visually it looks FANTASTIC!!

Finn dueling Phasma, cool.

I'm surprised that we got pretty much nothing with Rose or Holdo here.

That last shot had better be a fake-out.

Still iffy on what they're doing with Luke. I don't really buy him taking this as the big message from Kylo's fall, but we'll see if they can make that believable.

That shot with Snoke is creepy, but hopefully it's not the end of the film. And for the love of all things sacred, don't have her be stupid enough to join him.

I hope that we get a direct Kylo vs. Leia confrontation at some point.

Honestly the trailers for TFA got me far more excited to see that film than this does to see TLJ.
    Better be a fake out?

how about let Rey go to the Dark Side, usurp Kylo Ren, make him her b***h, hell even have her kill Luke

Vogue - Daisy Ridley on Star Wars, Superfans, and Her Lightsaber Workout

https://www.vogue.com/article/daisy-...gue-cover-2017 (+video)

Japanese TLJ trailer

Japanese TLJ poster