Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Well Jean is totally fine being pals with Namor, and he's very fine with killing innocents and destroying entire earths before massacring every inhabitant (and also being Thanos lapdog /bitch) ... So I think Jean wouldn't have any trouble tolerating Emma, and there's no way Jean doesn't know what Namor did considering she's a telepathy
    Tolerating and being friends with are two different things. Emma messed with her husband. Any animosity between them is 100% personal. Namor is irrelevant to that and besides no relationship between them has been established yet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Tolerating and being friends with are two different things. Emma messed with her husband. Any animosity between them is 100% personal. Namor is irrelevant to that and besides no relationship between them has been established yet
    That's one heck of a mental gymnastics to defend Namor, maybe Jean can also include Thanos in her team since neither did he messed with Cyclops and it isn't 100 % personal, or red skull, or Dr doom. My point is that if Jean dismisses Emma from a supossed position of higher morality the company and teammates she keeps should reflect the morality she's preaching, it'd be like Jean calling out Emma for being a killer and having wolverine (unrepentant killer) in her team, hypocrisy at its finest

That's one heck of a mental gymnastics to defend Namor, maybe Jean can also include Thanos in her team since neither did he messed with Cyclops and it isn't 100 % personal, or red skull, or Dr doom. My point is that if Jean dismisses Emma from a supossed position of higher morality the company and teammates she keeps should reflect the morality she's preaching, it'd be like Jean calling out Emma for being a killer and having wolverine (unrepentant killer) in her team, hypocrisy at its finest
    Where did I defend Namor?

Again tolerating and being friends are two different things. Jean has it in her to work with Emma. I cant see her being petty enough to turn her away or not work alongside her if they share a common goal. That's not the issue. The original statement that prompted all of this was wanting Emma and Jean to be friends bonding over their love for Scott. Thats a bit much.

BANNED

Again tolerating and being friends are two different things. Jean has it in her to work with Emma. I cant see her being petty enough to turn her away or not work alongside her if they share a common goal. That's not the issue. The original statement that prompted all of this was wanting Emma and Jean to be friends bonding over their love for Scott. Thats a bit much.
    Oh yeah, that's stupid, like Reed being pals with Namor... Last time they met he threw him to an exploding planet (not that Namor didn't deserved it)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    1-I know you don't hate Jean. I'm referring to some people that always say that she is better off dead. there are few but they exist

2- I'm sorry. I know it's tiresome, all the shipping drama, i hate it too. It's just that I like Jean/Scott so much and so many people trash it in these boards that i guess some of that spite has stuck in me. I'm sorry if i have been annoying.
    No, you don't have to apologize. I was not talking about you.

And it's okay. Stay calm. I find your love for Jean and Scott beautiful.

By the way, try to stay calm about X-love stories. X-Men is a soap opera. That is, it's basically about romances, love affairs, wins and losses.

BANNED

If anything, after watching 100 episodes of magnificent century I can tell with 100% security that married couples have tons of drama and potential for it, just look at medusa and black bolt

Astonishing Member

Jean and Emma could be friends but only if Scott isn't in the middle anymore. Basically, if Emma is banging someone else and has done her duel and moved on.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I always thought cyclops was older
    https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...79800535273478

BANNED

Bendis put him as a man in his mid 30s, plus breevort doesn't have any influence in X books... And... Well he's super fit so I wouldn't be surprised if he has peak human body and aging slowly because of those mutant genes. If anything during the 80s he looked like he's 25 - 30

bc he was. It doesnt make sense for him to still be in his 20s

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

bc he was. It doesnt make sense for him to still be in his 20s
    The problem is Spider-Man. Marvel has a pathological fear of making him over 30, so the characters that are his same age- 05 minus Beast, Human Torch- end up not getting past their 20's as well.

But scott and logan rivalry wasn't based around jean. it was more about the lonewolf having problems working on a team and Scott trying to make him work. Appart of some drama they had some nice interactions and badass moments together. they were brothers in arms.

jean and emma didn't have friendly interactions. they have chemistry but not as friends. all the opposite. they had some tension between them even before the scott drama. I really hope their interactions won't be defined by that.
    I just don't see them being friends believable. Seems forced(half the relationships Logan has in MU seem forced to be honest). I don't think they should be enemies or even rivals. But friends? No, not believable to me. Them genuinely hating each other makes more sense to me. They should be colleagues that tolerate each other, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The problem is Spider-Man. Marvel has a pathological fear of making him over 30, so the characters that are his same age- 05 minus Beast, Human Torch- end up not getting past their 20's as well.
    But I'm pretty sure Cyke was always supposed to be a few years older than Peter. Him being the same age as Peter is a retcon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    But I'm pretty sure Cyke was always supposed to be a few years older than Peter. Him being the same age as Peter is a retcon.
    Breevort has stated before that cyclops should be a little older than spiderman, he's contradicting himself... Plus who cares, not like it affects any of his stories... On the other hand how old is Tyke? Maybe 15...

Astonishing Member

Breevort has stated before that cyclops should be a little older than spiderman, he's contradicting himself... Plus who cares, not like it affects any of his stories... On the other hand how old is Tyke? Maybe 15...
    Jean was in college when she was recruited in Extraordinary. as in, had just begun college when Storm shows up to tell her the mists are making mutants sterile and no more mutants will be born.