Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    BANNED

the fact this is the first and last anya as magik movie just breaks my heart

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Ahhhh, don't remind me!

Anya is 100% Illyana. Perfect casting!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    They’re keeping Ryan Reynolds (and his supporting cast?) and J.K. Simmons is JJJ again.

But by the time they get to B-property X-Men in 2035, ATJ will probably be too old.

Extraordinary Member

So we get our first look at Limbo.

magiklimbo.jpg

BANNED

If New Mutants does well at the box office there’s no reason at all why Feige wouldn’t keep Anya as Magik. MCU has turned the Z list Guardians of the Galaxy into Household nanes. Even the Avengers in the 90s were pretty much unknown to those not diehard comic fans.

Magik certainly has a lot of development in recent years that would make her perfect for an upcoming movie with Strange. Anya is a popular actresses too.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thank you for splicing this out! This clip has sent me over the edge into fanboy mode

Extraordinary Member

I wonder how much more dialogue they're lifting from the comics. Also, Roberto seems to like Yana.

Looks like Berto and Yana go for a swim at one point (Shown in his little preview clip from last week), and that's when he hallucinates the skeleton hand coming out of the water from the trailer. He calls her "Illy" which made my fanboy self go "iT's 'yAnA yOu hEaThEn!!"

Needless to say, I'm going dark to avoid more spoilers. I don't want to see anything more until I am there opening night. But Ugh, that will be tough. I guess CW is running some special "sneak preview" tonight and Maisie is booked to do press next week.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Looks like Berto and Yana go for a swim at one point (Shown in his little preview clip from last week), and that's when he hallucinates the skeleton hand coming out of the water from the trailer. He calls her "Illy" which made my fanboy self go "iT's 'yAnA yOu hEaThEn!!"

Needless to say, I'm going dark to avoid more spoilers. I don't want to see anything more until I am there opening night. But Ugh, that will be tough. I guess CW is running some special "sneak preview" tonight and Maisie is booked to do press next week.
    Where did you see this?

So they've been doing these quick clips on social media over the last week. I'm sure if you look on the official New Mutants movie accounts on Twitter or Instagram from last week you'll find it. I couldn't find it on Youtube and the others are blocked for me at work.

Extraordinary Member

So they've been doing these quick clips on social media over the last week. I'm sure if you look on the official New Mutants movie accounts on Twitter or Instagram from last week you'll find it. I couldn't find it on Youtube and the others are blocked for me at work.
    I've watched the Roberto clip, but I never saw anything where he says 'Illy.'

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I've watched the Roberto clip, but I never saw anything where he says 'Illy.'
    There is a part where he's in the water looking around for someone and it sounded to me like he says it there. Could have been my imagination, but it sounded like that to me.

Also, we have Magik in three books this week! Hilarious mention in Cable, New Mutants (same as the preview from last week), and of course X-Men where she's on the cover. I haven't read them all yet, but I LOL'd at the Cable reference and hope we get to find out what happened.

Extraordinary Member

There is a part where he's in the water looking around for someone and it sounded to me like he says it there. Could have been my imagination, but it sounded like that to me.

Also, we have Magik in three books this week! Hilarious mention in Cable, New Mutants (same as the preview from last week), and of course X-Men where she's on the cover. I haven't read them all yet, but I LOL'd at the Cable reference and hope we get to find out what happened.
    Every word of dialogue is on the screen in the Roberto clip. He says "I just need a second to cool down." "If I get too hot, I ... " That's all.

https://twitter.com/NewMutantsFilm/s...20979601485824

Unless you've seen a completely different clip, he doesn't say it.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 03-11-2020 at 10:59 AM.

That's not the clip. And of course I can't find it. LOL!

Read X-Men #8, she's got some great moments. I love seeing her and Scott work together.