Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I flipped through this week's issue of Avengers. Not much happens specifically with the Squadron (for those who were worried).

Not sure that Aaron has much more going on for this arc than "Mephisto is plotting stuff".
    I was hoping for a bit more.
    This thread got me really psyched for the SSA!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Exactly.
    Like WATCHMEN characters used the Charlton Action Heroes as a template, but went all different directions, making them unique to themselves.

With the way this new version of the SS is being written, there’s a lot of room for them to grow and not just be JLA clones.
    Uh, this is what I said. Analogs, not clones. But the similarities were not exactly subtle.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Wish we were getting more of the SSoA. Both the public heroic deeds and the behind the scenes shenanigans.

Mighty Member

I suspect that we will have to wait for the "Empyre" tie-in that starts in May(?) for anything significant with the Squadron. I just hope we get something worth reading. (I give the Robinson series credit for trying. But, it had too much working against it at the editorial level to succeed.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Wish we were getting more of the SSoA. Both the public heroic deeds and the behind the scenes shenanigans.
    Me too.

It’s nice to be excited about an upcoming project though!

Astonishing Member

I'll say! Marvel/Disney has been making a lot of questionable decision in hopes of finding new readers. As much as I would like to be excited about the new Spider-Woman series -- that new black costume is really badly designed. I wasn't crazy about the last one, but this is much worse!

^^^so true!
    In Spider-Woman’s case, back to basics might be the best bet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doctor Spectrum is on New Attilan. Blur joined SHIELD, but thanks to Secret Empire we've lost track of him, as SHIELD is no more.
    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    The Robinson (post-"Secret Wars" Squadron) has been written out.

Blurr (New Universe): joined SHIELD (end of Robinson's "Squadron Supreme").
    Hyperion (from Hickman's "Avengers" run): last seen during "Secret Empire", possibly dead.
    Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond, renamed Raymond Kane, from "Supreme Power"): dead (Secret Empire tie-in).
    Spectrum (from Hickman's "New Avengers" run): joined the Inhumans (end of Robinson's "Squadron Supreme").
    Zarda (from Gruenwald Squadron): ....uh...... (Nobody gives a damn.)

Thundra has been forgotten. The evil Zarda was dealt with off panel, at the end of Robinson's run.
    I know all this, what I want to know is what happened with them AFTER that. All I know is that Nighthawk was killed during Secret Empire by Hydra and Nightshade took his identity.

Now, talking about this simulacrums, what do you think is going to happen? I mean, a battle against the Avengers is obvious, but then what? Mephisto created them, so do you think he still controls them? Or maybe there's a way they can escape from Mephisto and the Elite's control? If that happens, I'm afraid anythign can happen.

Astonishing Member

Possibly break free of control and then sacrifice themselves to save the world. Inevitably, a new version from another parallel world will debut.

Mighty Member

That is a solid guess.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle

Solid yeah, but kinda sucky for those invested in the possibilities for the characters.
    Which is the point I guess.
    Get ppl invested, give the team a finite arc, and their sacrifice establishes the danger the villain(s) represent without getting any of the core 616 heroes killed.

Mighty Member

I would rather see characters used well than have them stick around for no reason. Just hoping that the upcoming series is worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

EMPYRE: SQUADRON SUPREME #1 (OF 2)
    MARK WAID (W) • Dio Neves (A) • Cover by PACO MEDINA
    Variant by Carlos Pacheco
    The invasion has begun! But the alien invaders soon encounter resistance in the form of the Squadron Supreme of America! As the two forces clash, only one thing is clear…the fight for America’s survival has begun!
    32 pages/Rated T+ …$3.99
    Did I completely miss this, or did it never come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not a whole lot. They are controlled by Mephisto and they had a WoR tie in...but not much really. And it annoys me as I am assuming they are being set up for something.

This page pretty much details their exploits....

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Squad...ca_(Earth-616)
    All I care about is coulson’s involvement. Will he be discovered? Will he be redeemed?
    Last edited by protege; 11-10-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    All I care about is coukson’s involvement. Will he be discovered? Will he be redeemed?
    This is me right now. I have been waiting on some kind of follow up on this new version, where it's going and its conclusion (hopefully redemption because DP did him so wrong).