Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I fully read the issue as I borrowed it from my friend who said NC had a big part in it. It certainly had me curious , the writing was a bit better. As I said in the official issue thread I hope mysticism is where this goes maybe new age. When Kurt showed up in that glowing white cloak in Aarons Wolverine after he died and swashbuckling I imagined the idea of Kurt being an mutant Obi-Wan.

The tarot card reminded me of the one from his Sacasa series. Though, the only thing they really have in common is they both have a sword.

Many new age faiths and modern mystics do believe in reincarnation. The devil card that shows Kurt may defy Christianity. In some beliefs the devil, or demon isn't always evil and its more about learning lessons than an outright evil being corrupting your soul.

If Kurt has to continue with the spirituality theme I rather it be something like that.
    The devil is a Christian construct, mostly based on pre-Christian gods such as Cernunnos and co.
    The devil in the tarot pack is about being caged or seduced by the physical world, far more appropriate for Kurt’s situation is The tower, symbol of sudden upheaval and unexpected change. Which Krakoa has certainly forced upon him (and all the other mutants with faith, one would assume).

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Posting that wonderful cover from the Sacassa series made me want to post more of his Nightcrawler work. His faces are quite expressive.

Amanda's "gay" snakes.

Not sure I liked the grubby raincoat on Kurt, besides, that was always a JC thing.

I’m just laughing at myself because I noticed all the sword waving Kurt did in HoX/PoX but we didn’t know why. He’s seldom wielded a sword in his original costume, unless he picks a stray one up to fight.

Possibly I was distracted by those glorious legs?

Another drawing of Kurt as Phoenixcrawler, despite not liking the idea, I love the costume on him, pretty lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Not sure I liked the grubby raincoat on Kurt, besides, that was always a JC thing.

I’m just laughing at myself because I noticed all the sword waving Kurt did in HoX/PoX but we didn’t know why. He’s seldom wielded a sword in his original costume, unless he picks a stray one up to fight.

Possibly I was distracted by those glorious legs?

Yes, I remember the writer went a more Vertigo route with Kurt which I wasn't sure about in the beginning but Kurt had so many great character moments in it and it showed he can work outside the safety of the X-Men again. I felt Robertson's Kurt was a bit too tall and lanky at times but he was such a good story teller and like I said his faces were spec. He was such a sweetheart on his forum too.

And, yes... also Kurts caboose isn't so bad in your HoX pics too, half shaded or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I've been thinking about his religion and I think it will be more like Hindu with reincarnation being a big thing.Im not sure it will be theistic or dualistic but I could be wrong. It's funny because the mutant Messiah(Moira) is not even known by anyone outside Magneto and Xavier.So I think this religion will borrow Buddhist or Hindu principles not monotheistic ones.Or it may be purely new age.Interesting I hope they write one episode centered on Nightcrawler where this is elabourated
    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Oh, I’m fascinated as to where this is going.
    A polytheistic religion, including reincarnation would seem to be the most likely but it may be something entirely new and unique.
    Will there be priests and priestesses? A hierarchy of clergy? Holy warriors (Exodus! Yikes!)

I can’t see Kurt (or Hickman) being blind to the possible pitfalls.
    But will the power go to his head? I’d like to hope not, but stories need drama. Have we ever seen Kurt in a position of power, other than as field leader?

I don’t think Kurt’s lost his faith, it seems to be, er, mutating, will this change survive the Hickman era?
    It'll be interesting for sure to see how Kurt deals with this new religion. Would he go to other, already devout mutants, to gain their input? We know how deep-rooted in his own faith but how would the things he thinks stack to up the likes of Dust or Exodus? I'd actually love if we got an issue of him talking things through with them or going to them first when he has some of his key concepts down.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    It'll be interesting for sure to see how Kurt deals with this new religion. Would he go to other, already devout mutants, to gain their input? We know how deep-rooted in his own faith but how would the things he thinks stack to up the likes of Dust or Exodus? I'd actually love if we got an issue of him talking things through with them or going to them first when he has some of his key concepts down.
    It’s certainly interesting, how he handles it will tell us a lot about his state of mind.
    Kurt’s not that big on ego, if you notice, the tower, which is clearly going to be a plot point and most likely the mutant church, is based on his fantasy home, not a fantasy church, so this is not something he’s thought about prior to Krakoa.
    Also, if he does open up the white tower to the congregation, he’s inviting them into his home, which is very Kurt indeed.

It will all come crashing doen eventually, but it might not be his hubris or folly which causes the fall, there could be a schism or take over by another faction (I’m sure Exodus, for example, will have Opinions on this)

Then of course, we have the tower in the major arcana.

The appearance of the Tower Tarot card in its upright position is a warning that your life is about to take a 180-degree turn. It could be at work, in love, or even in your beliefs, but the lightning will bring sudden changes that will be abrupt and transformative.

In a sense, The Tower Tarot card gives us a lesson in humility. It reminds us that everything that we believe is safe may not exist tomorrow. Everything can change, and we must be flexible in order to adapt. We must also do our best to let go and to welcome the challenges that life brings with optimism.

The Tower walls provide security, but also isolation, and they stop us from seeing the outside world. When they collapse, we will be free to try new things and find happiness outside of our comfort zone. You may have to pick up the pieces and restructure certain parts of your life. It will not be a pleasant process, but it is necessary for your growth.

In the same way, the Tower can represent your ego and egocentric delusions. When the tower of ego and illusion is destroyed, you become free to face truth and reality without blinders. Are you experiencing a change in consciousness? Are you starting to find a new perspective? Enjoy the opportunity to accept change and move towards a more positive worldview. You are free now.

Taken from Nataly Urbaez
    https://numerologysign.com/tarot/car...-arcana/tower/

Giant Sized variant cover via Ross Hutchinson

Love the light behind him.

The lights look like The Fury

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    The lights look like The Fury
    Please don’t. It still gives me nightmares (I was into Cap Britain before I discovered the X-Men).
    They’re just windows...

https://twitter.com/mdp_tm/status/12...105758210?s=20

a lil something i thought of today after reading that x-men unlimited story today

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    https://twitter.com/mdp_tm/status/12...105758210?s=20

a lil something i thought of today after reading that x-men unlimited story today
    My god it was so long ago this was at the end of CCs Revolutions run. Kurt was so upset about Piotrs death that he had to take a temporary leave of absence. He also rejected Mephistos offer to bring back Stefan and punched him in the face in his recently mentioned Sacassa series. Sinister vs. Nightcrawler prt. 2

So, I’m writing my fanfic magnum opus.
    It’s an action adventure featuring Kurt, amongst others.
    Yes, it’s a bit slashy in places, but it’s not a slash story.
    The first part has an advisory for Logan’s swearing!

I’m quite pleased with it, I’d love to know what others think.

The first story, Family Matters is here.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/21...pters/51491311

The second story I put up today, Family Matters Two: Soul Searching
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/23...pters/55245481

Astonishing Member

I've just landed on the perfect unknown actor to play him in the MCU relaunch.Anyone heard of Edeen Bhugeloo? God it's like Kurt made into life! He is so much like Kurt he could play him without the makeup!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I've just landed on the perfect unknown actor to play him in the MCU relaunch.Anyone heard of Edeen Bhugeloo? God it's like Kurt made into life! He is so much like Kurt he could play him without the makeup!
    Very decorative. I’ve always thought Dev Patel has Kurt’s smile.