Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    No that's not true. They are not "being featured" now, they are the centre of everything. That's just forcing and pretending like Inhumans are big.

You don't just give this much attention and story to a group of characters all of a sudden when you darn well know they are nothing compared to your bigger groups. That's forcing. They are not integrating them to the stories slowly. They are suddenly the centre of everything. That's being forced. Stop pretending like it's anything else.

The 50 years of Inhumans history is nothing compared to how much attention they got in the last 3-4 years.

Stop pretending they have always been presented as this big and important group of people. It came out of nowhere. Marvel completely skipped the "liked and interested by fans" step and straightly went to "ef it they are one of our biggest factions in the MU now"

For the final time I'm not saying they weren't always an important part of the MU, they even had a whole level in Ultimate Alliance, but they were NOWHERE near this important.

10 years from now when Inhumans are back to limbo, a new reader will go back to read Civil War 2, IVX, and Inhumanity and stuff and be like "wait who are these guys?"
    No, it's not forcing. Was the entire ballooning of the X-Men into all these different books forcing them down people's throats? No, they published stories about a part of the MU that people enjoyed. There have always been Inhuman fans from the very beginning, including me. How do you think an Inhumans' fan feels that their favorite group hasn't been featured prominently?

Funny, but the facts about them suddenly appearing out of nowhere doesn't fit the facts.

The Inhumans first appeared in Fantastic Four #45 (December 1965).[1][2] The Inhumans appeared as a back-up feature in Thor #146 (Nov. 1967) to #152 (May 1968).[3] They then fought the Silver Surfer in Silver Surfer #18 (September 1970) and starred in Amazing Adventures #1 (Aug. 1970) to #10 (Jan. 1972).[4] The characters received their own self-titled series in October 1975. This ran for 12 issues and ended in August 1977.[5] An Inhumans limited series by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee ran for 12 issues from November 1998-October 1999.[6][7] A four-issue limited series by writers Carlos Pacheco and Rafael Marín and artist José Ladrönn was published in 2000.[8] The fourth volume (2003-2004, 12 issues) concentrated largely on new characters within the Inhumans' society.[3][9]

In 2007, the Inhumans featured in the Silent War limited series by writer David Hine,[10][11][12] and artist Frazer Irving.[13]

Following events in the Secret Invasion, the Inhumans appeared on one side of the War of Kings storyline, with Black Bolt being made king of the Kree, facing off against Vulcan, who is leading the Shi'ar.

The 2013 event, Infinity, led to major changes in status quo for the group, with many new Inhumans, or "NuHumans", appearing as a result of the detonation of the Terrigen Bomb. Writer Charles Soule became the lead writer of the Inhuman franchise, starting with the Inhuman series, which ran for 14 issues from April 2014–June 2015. The NuHuman Kamala Khan also becomes the lead of her own title, Ms. Marvel (vol. 3). Following the Secret Wars event, the franchise expands to two ongoing titles, Uncanny Inhumans[14] and All-New Inhumans,[15][16] and an additional solo title, Karnak.[14]
    Inhumans have always been an important part of the MU going back to the beginning. How long have you been a fan of the X-Men and Marvel comics in general? For me, it's 42 years that I've been a fan and enjoyed pretty much all of it. The X-Men were my favorite team followed by the Avengers. The same can't be said of my fellow X-Men fans since they're the ones that turned me off of the books with this spoiled attitude like you've displayed. I hope Marvel pulls the plug on the entire X-Men to force Fox to give them back the movie rights.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherJohn View Post
    No, it's not forcing. Was the entire ballooning of the X-Men into all these different books forcing them down people's throats? No, they published stories about a part of the MU that people enjoyed. There have always been Inhuman fans from the very beginning, including me. How do you think an Inhumans' fan feels that their favorite group hasn't been featured prominently?

Funny, but the facts about them suddenly appearing out of nowhere doesn't fit the facts.

Inhumans have always been an important part of the MU going back to the beginning. How long have you been a fan of the X-Men and Marvel comics in general? For me, it's 42 years that I've been a fan and enjoyed pretty much all of it. The X-Men were my favorite team followed by the Avengers. The same can't be said of my fellow X-Men fans since they're the ones that turned me off of the books with this spoiled attitude like you've displayed. I hope Marvel pulls the plug on the entire X-Men to force Fox to give them back the movie rights.
    I swear half the time I'm arguing someone in these forums I seriously feel like they response without reading what I write.
    What you're defending against, is not my point nor what I even said at all.
    Why would you feel the need to say "they didn't appear out of nowhere" WHEN I OBVIOUSLY SAID THEY WERE ALWAYS AN IMPORTANT PART.

I realize caps, shouting, being aggresive and all that not one bit helps me with the argument but I'm so tired of people not reading what I'm saying.

Also will you please stop comparing X-Men to Inhumans? That's not gonna help you, X-Men are so much bigger than Inhumans, they have somany more fans, so many more stories, so many more characters, more mainstream appeareances, much more, that same rules don't apply to them. They can't make X-Men feel forced when so many people ASK to read more about them.
    Last edited by Captain M; 02-16-2017 at 12:24 AM.

I swear half the time I'm arguing someone in these forums I seriously feel like they response without reading what I write.
    What you're defending against, is not my point nor what I even said at all.
    Why would you feel the need to say "they didn't appear out of nowhere" WHEN I OBVIOUSLY SAID THEY WERE ALWAYS AN IMPORTANT PART.

I realize caps, shouting, being aggresive and all that not one bit helps me with the argument but I'm so tired of people not reading what I'm saying.
    I read what you said and replied to it directly. You just didn't like the answer.

BANNED

The X-Books in the mid/late 1980s (when the ballooning began) were leading Marvel's sales by a huge margin. We're talking hundreds of thousands of sales every month. And even then it was only at most 5 books and a big crossover every couple years.

That's really more comparable to maybe the Spidey or Deadpool books recently, or the Avengers several years back. The Inhumans however are being pushed purely due to corporate strategy rather than sales results. It's not really comparable.

I read what you said and replied to it directly. You just didn't like the answer.
    Because that's exactly what I said: "Inhumans appeared out of nowhere"

good job, you definitely understood what I was saying.

Now that I can't possibly make myself more unlikable to many, I also would like to complain about the fact that the promise of seeing as many heroes fighting the monsters as possible was obviously misleading.

It's the same groups again. God forbid if a writer mentions there are more Avengers teams

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    The X-Books in the mid/late 1980s (when the ballooning began) were leading Marvel's sales by a huge margin. We're talking hundreds of thousands of sales every month. And even then it was only at most 5 books and a big crossover every couple years.

That's really more comparable to maybe the Spidey or Deadpool books recently, or the Avengers several years back. The Inhumans however are being pushed purely due to corporate strategy rather than sales results. It's not really comparable.
    Yet, did you see anyone throw temper tantrums about it back then like you see now with the Inhumans? No. Oh they did do a lot of Inhumans books back then regardless of sales, so that's not even comparable. The question is, "Have the Inhumans been under-utilized all these years?" Yes, they have been. Personally, I have no dog in this fight other than to have the community as a whole rather than these factions throwing things around like they are. The perception is that the Inhumans suddenly appeared out of nowhere to bury the X-Men which is false. If Marvel wanted to get rid of the X-Men they would and there isn't anything that you could say about it either. I certainly don't remember people throwing hissy fits and temper tantrums when their favorite books got cancelled like I'm seeing today.

Because that's exactly what I said: "Inhumans appeared out of nowhere"

good job, you definitely understood what I was saying.

You said: That's just forcing and pretending like Inhumans are big.

My reply: No, it's not forcing. Was the entire ballooning of the X-Men into all these different books forcing them down people's throats? No, they published stories about a part of the MU that people enjoyed. There have always been Inhuman fans from the very beginning, including me. How do you think an Inhumans' fan feels that their favorite group hasn't been featured prominently?

I answered your statement directly and with facts. You just didn't like the answer and threw a tempter tantrum because of it.

You said: That's just forcing and pretending like Inhumans are big.

My reply: No, it's not forcing. Was the entire ballooning of the X-Men into all these different books forcing them down people's throats? No, they published stories about a part of the MU that people enjoyed. There have always been Inhuman fans from the very beginning, including me. How do you think an Inhumans' fan feels that their favorite group hasn't been featured prominently?

I answered your statement directly and with facts. You just didn't like the answer and threw a tempter tantrum because of it.
    Is that really all I said? Should I go back to see if the rest of my messages were deleted or did you just ignore them?

Inhumans aren't big. They just aren't. They have importance in the Marvel Univserse for sure, I already told you that even though you ignored it but they are not big and pretending like they are is useless.

We have X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four do you realize how small Inhumans are compared to any of these 3 group? Yet they are suddenly regarded as a group just as big.

See I'm obviously not saying they appeared out of nowhere, you would know that if you read my whole post. I'm saying their sudden attention and Marvel pretending like they are big came out of nowhere.

Is that really all I said? Should I go back to see if the rest of my messages were deleted or did you just ignore them?

Inhumans aren't big. They just aren't. They have importance in the Marvel Univserse for sure, I already told you that even though you ignored it but they are not big and pretending like they are is useless.

We have X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four do you realize how small Inhumans are compared to any of these 3 group? Yet they are suddenly regarded as a group just as big.

See I'm obviously not saying they appeared out of nowhere, you would know that if you read my whole post. I'm saying their sudden attention and Marvel pretending like they are big came out of nowhere.
    You're ignoring the fact that the Inhumans have played a prominent role in the MU. There are plenty of events where the Inhumans took part in starting with Maximus trying to kill all the people on earth so the Inhumans can take over. Guess what year that was? 1966 in FF #48. Oh that was the issue where Johnny had to break up with Crystal the first time around. Then there was the Dark Phoenix saga where they appeared and held the Shi'ar at bay while Jean committed suicide. What about them being in the original Captain Marvel series as foes to the Kree and Skrulls? What about all the apearances of individual Inhumans as friends and foes of various superheroes through the past 52 years? Shall I continue?

Your claims ring hollow as the actual facts show the opposite. Just because you haven't read these issues doesn't mean that they didn't play an important part of the MU.
    Last edited by PreacherJohn; 02-16-2017 at 12:46 AM.

I remember in the late 80's that the X-Men had a huge explosion of mutants and no one complained. We all thought it was great that Marvel was attempting to bring more characters to the table and it made the universe much richer. However, these days all I see is complaints from X-fans about the Inhumans and act like spoiled children because their section of the MU isn't "featured" prominently; when the opposite is true. The Inhumans have always been a part of the MU mythos and have featured prominently in the past, so I don't understand this backlash from X-fans against them.
    X-fans didn't like what happen to their franchise.. Not like DC fan, they are to afraid to act, protest or complain for what Marvel do . so they pick on Inhuman Franchise and their little Fanbase. and if you pay attention to how X-fan act you can see the similarity between them and Purifier.

No that's not true. They are not "being featured" now, they are the centre of everything. That's just forcing and pretending like Inhumans are big.

You don't just give this much attention and story to a group of characters all of a sudden when you darn well know they are nothing compared to your bigger groups. That's forcing. They are not integrating them to the stories slowly. They are suddenly the centre of everything. That's being forced. Stop pretending like it's anything else.

The 50 years of Inhumans history is nothing compared to how much attention they got in the last 3-4 years.

Stop pretending they have always been presented as this big and important group of people. It came out of nowhere. Marvel completely skipped the "liked and interested by fans" step and straightly went to "ef it they are one of our biggest factions in the MU now"

For the final time I'm not saying they weren't always an important part of the MU, they even had a whole level in Ultimate Alliance, but they were NOWHERE near this important.

10 years from now when Inhumans are back to limbo, a new reader will go back to read Civil War 2, IVX, and Inhumanity and stuff and be like "wait who are these guys?"
    then stop complaining, just wait till inhuman go to limbo. let Inhuman little Fansbase and other chracter who benefit on Marvel agenda to enjoy their story for the moment

What's the problem with Marvel pushing the Inhumans? I mean, I'm not their biggest fan, but what I'm trying to say is that it's completely obvious and undeniable that Marvel is giving them more attention then they did before in order to make them more known. It's a fact, and there's nothing wrong with that(well, people may think it's wrong because they don't like them, but that's not the point here). But the moment someone uses the word "forced" people start to act like that was some kind of difamation. One of my favorite characters, Captain Marvel, is being pushed by Marvel. Some people think it's forced, I think it's great and well-deserved.

BANNED

Yet, did you see anyone throw temper tantrums about it back then like you see now with the Inhumans? No. Oh they did do a lot of Inhumans books back then regardless of sales, so that's not even comparable. The question is, "Have the Inhumans been under-utilized all these years?" Yes, they have been. Personally, I have no dog in this fight other than to have the community as a whole rather than these factions throwing things around like they are. The perception is that the Inhumans suddenly appeared out of nowhere to bury the X-Men which is false. If Marvel wanted to get rid of the X-Men they would and there isn't anything that you could say about it either. I certainly don't remember people throwing hissy fits and temper tantrums when their favorite books got cancelled like I'm seeing today.
    I'm just saying it really isn't anything like the 1980s X-boom. That was a market driven phenomenon, this isn't. People weren't bitching because they were busy buying 200-300k of each issue monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I'm just saying it really isn't anything like the 1980s X-boom. That was a market driven phenomenon, this isn't. People weren't bitching because they were busy buying 200-300k of each issue monthly.
    I would counter that this is also a market driven phenomenon as the Inhumans are getting a movie to be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoirver2 View Post
    X-fans didn't like what happen to their franchise.. Not like DC fan, they are to afraid to act, protest or complain for what Marvel do . so they pick on Inhuman Franchise and their little Fanbase. and if you pay attention to how X-fan act you can see the similarity between them and Purifier.

then stop complaining, just wait till inhuman go to limbo. let Inhuman little Fansbase and other chracter who benefit on Marvel agenda to enjoy their story for the moment
    I don't really care, I mean I do but I'm way more bothered by people defending the current status of Inhumans. Like this person with Captain Britain avatar constantly keeps telling stuff that has no meaning or relevance to the argument. See I'm bothered by that.

People should agree to disagree about anything in life but both sides should know what they are talkign about or especially what actually supports their argument and what means nothing.

Inhumans appearing in all those stories means nothing. They are still nothing compared to those 3 groups I mentioned. That is not an opinion, is it? Come on. Anways that's fine. What's not is people pretending Inhumans aren't forced.

I can't tolerate people not acknowledging stuff that are so obvious. Pet peeve.