Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherJohn View Post
    I would counter that this is also a market driven phenomenon as the Inhumans are getting a movie to be released soon.
    No they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    No they aren't.
    TV show, full feature movie is the same difference. Oh and the film isn't cancelled so what I said is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What's the problem with Marvel pushing the Inhumans? I mean, I'm not their biggest fan, but what I'm trying to say is that it's completely obvious and undeniable that Marvel is giving them more attention then they did before in order to make them more known. It's a fact, and there's nothing wrong with that(well, people may think it's wrong because they don't like them, but that's not the point here). But the moment someone uses the word "forced" people start to act like that was some kind of difamation. One of my favorite characters, Captain Marvel, is being pushed by Marvel. Some people think it's forced, I think it's great and well-deserved.
    well said.
    I've no illusion that the Inhumans will ever be as popular as the X-Men. But I love them and am very much enjoying this time for them in the spotlight (regardless of the fact that the push may end up brief with the Inhumans once more returning to the fringes).
    Yet why get so bent out of shape over the matter. Surely there are more important matters to focus one's negative energies onto.
    Comics should be a hobby you get into for enjoyment, something that brings some fun and whimsy into your life... that can make hard times easier.
    If one gets to the point where they're making multiple hate posts about a character or characters then maybe this hobby isn't such a great fit for them.
    I mean, I don't like Deadpool, but it's not a big deal... I simply don't read his books. Problem solved.

TV show, full feature movie is the same difference. Oh and the film isn't cancelled so what I said is true.
    Yeah about that movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I don't really care, I mean I do but I'm way more bothered by people defending the current status of Inhumans. Like this person with Captain Britain avatar constantly keeps telling stuff that has no meaning or relevance to the argument. See I'm bothered by that.

People should agree to disagree about anything in life but both sides should know what they are talkign about or especially what actually supports their argument and what means nothing.

Inhumans appearing in all those stories means nothing. They are still nothing compared to those 3 groups I mentioned. That is not an opinion, is it? Come on. Anways that's fine. What's not is people pretending Inhumans aren't forced.

I can't tolerate people not acknowledging stuff that are so obvious. Pet peeve.
    I have a name above my avatar and it's PreacherJohn.

Everything I've mentioned plays a major role in the MU even today. If you didn't have Galactus showing up in FF#48 the first time then you'd never see Black Bolt throw Maximus in prison for insurrection or Johnny being forced to break up with Crystal. If the Inhumans weren't there as defense against the Kree and Skrulls in the original Captain Marvel series earth would have fallen and the mutants would have been wiped out. If the Inhumans hadn't intervened on behalf of the X-Men to stop the Shi'ar then Jean/Phoenix would have never committed suicide. It's called cause and effect and Marvel has used that from the beginning. If you can't handle the fact that the Inhumans are a major part of the MU then I feel sorry for you.

So you are what you hate. You refuse to acknowledge the history and importance of the Inhumans to the MU which is very obvious.

BANNED

I would counter that this is also a market driven phenomenon as the Inhumans are getting a movie to be released soon.
    No, Inhumans are a corporate driven strategy. We're not getting more and more Inhuman books because of consumer demand.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    No, Inhumans are a corporate driven strategy. We're not getting more and more Inhuman books because of consumer demand.
    there's corporate strategy behind any book Marvel produces. They're a large publishing house owned by one of the biggest media conglomerates of all time.
    Anyone with half a wit knows full well that Marvel has put a concerted effort to making The Inhumans a bigger part of the Marvel Universe. That much is obvious.
    What is also obvious is that there is indeed a fanbase for the Inhumans. Not one as big as that for the X-Men or Avengers, but fans nonetheless and it's become increasingly difficult to understand why that has proven so threatening to some.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    there's corporate strategy behind any book Marvel produces. They're a large publishing house owned by one of the biggest media conglomerates of all time.
    Anyone with half a wit knows full well that Marvel has put a concerted effort to making The Inhumans a bigger part of the Marvel Universe. That much is obvious.
    What is also obvious is that there is indeed a fanbase for the Inhumans. Not one as big as that for the X-Men or Avengers, but fans nonetheless and it's become increasingly difficult to understand why that has proven so threatening to some.
    Sure, I wouldn't deny any of that. My point was just that the reasoning behind the modern Inhuman push is rather unlike the X-Men push during their seminal 1980s period, which is why I though the comparison was bizarre to make in the first place.

I have a name above my avatar and it's PreacherJohn.

Everything I've mentioned plays a major role in the MU even today. If you didn't have Galactus showing up in FF#48 the first time then you'd never see Black Bolt throw Maximus in prison for insurrection or Johnny being forced to break up with Crystal. If the Inhumans weren't there as defense against the Kree and Skrulls in the original Captain Marvel series earth would have fallen and the mutants would have been wiped out. If the Inhumans hadn't intervened on behalf of the X-Men to stop the Shi'ar then Jean/Phoenix would have never committed suicide. It's called cause and effect and Marvel has used that from the beginning. If you can't handle the fact that the Inhumans are a major part of the MU then I feel sorry for you.

So you are what you hate. You refuse to acknowledge the history and importance of the Inhumans to the MU which is very obvious.
    I won't read the rest of your post because I don't want to do this anymore but believe it or not I actually didn't think of calling you by the name for some reaosn, like I forgot they existed. I wasn't trying to be a dick but it came out that way, sorry about that

well said.
    I've no illusion that the Inhumans will ever be as popular as the X-Men. But I love them and am very much enjoying this time for them in the spotlight (regardless of the fact that the push may end up brief with the Inhumans once more returning to the fringes).
    Yet why get so bent out of shape over the matter. Surely there are more important matters to focus one's negative energies onto.
    Comics should be a hobby you get into for enjoyment, something that brings some fun and whimsy into your life... that can make hard times easier.
    If one gets to the point where they're making multiple hate posts about a character or characters then maybe this hobby isn't such a great fit for them.
    I mean, I don't like Deadpool, but it's not a big deal... I simply don't read his books. Problem solved.
    I don't understand it either. Maybe it's because I'm old, but the attitude I've seen displayed by some has completely turned me off of my favorite Marvel team which is the X-Men. I find that the fandom for Inhumans, Avengers, and other Marvel characters to be more open to discussion.

Sure, I wouldn't deny any of that. My point was just that the reasoning behind the modern Inhuman push is rather unlike the X-Men push during their seminal 1980s period, which is why I though the comparison was bizarre to make in the first place.
    There actually was a corporate strategy at that point in time. You had Image bursting onto the scenes combined with the dominance of DC that pushed Marvel to put out more X-Men books to stay competitive. It wasn't a bizarre comparison once you add in those facts.
    Last edited by PreacherJohn; 02-16-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Double post

they afraid if they do anything(like not buy a book) Marvel will cancel all their favorite book like what happen to FF. so they focus on
    Inhuman as a target to leash all negative feeling that they keep deep inside their chest .

agreed. The 1980's was a very different time for the superhero comic book medium. There's not much rationale nor need to make such a comparison. Apples and oranges.
    The one similarity I could see, however, is the way in which Ms. Marvel has propelled forward as a number one favorite in the same way that Wolverine had back when the X-Men were really starting to take off. But that's where the comparison pretty much begins and ends.

Sooo will the MU ongoing be considered an Inhuman book. . . .or an Elsa book?

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Sooo will the MU ongoing be considered an Inhuman book. . . .or an Elsa book?
    Since it looks to be focusing on Kei using his Monsters to help people, I'd call it an Inhuman book. I don't know if they confirmed if Elsa will be in it or not.