Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Grizzly vs Gorilla

I saw this tweet passing around recently and it gave me a chuckle.

So, because i can't find the last time we did this, who takes it?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Grizzly. All day every day.

Unless it’s The Grizzly vs Grodd the Gorilla, in which case, flip the above.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, this is a stomp for the grizzly.

For shame, Postman! ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I saw this tweet passing around recently and it gave me a chuckle.

So, because i can't find the last time we did this, who takes it?
    That was actually a fun video. But I have to parrot everyone else here, the bear is bigger, stronger, and has claws.

Bears also have the nasty habit of continuing to truck on after suffering massive damage to their vital organs.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The grizzly takes this.

What if the gorilla was a trained in the ways of the samurai?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Bears also have the nasty habit of continuing to truck on after suffering massive damage to their vital organs.
    Which, it has to be said, the gorilla *doesn't* because of a particular order-specific susceptibility to circulatory shock (which affects *all* primates, humans included).

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    The grizzly takes this.

What if the gorilla was a trained in the ways of the samurai?
    Hah.

Still gets murdered. Mass, size, giganto-claws and teeth, mouth designed for biting, protective fat and fur, the grizzly has all kinds of advantages over the gorilla.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hah.

Still gets murdered. Mass, size, giganto-claws and teeth, mouth designed for biting, protective fat and fur, the grizzly has all kinds of advantages over the gorilla.
    But Sharp you fail to realize the true power of the gorilla’s Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū style.

But Sharp you fail to realize the true power of the gorilla’s Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū style.
    ...I don't see equipment here. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...I don't see equipment here. ^_^
    The gorilla has trained to the point where a blade materializes from its sheer willpower.

The gorilla has trained to the point where a blade materializes from its sheer willpower.
    If you're giving it SUPERPOWERS, fine.

Grizzly has Wolverine's claws, bones, regeneration, and skill.
    Why are we here?

Honestly don't understand how this particular animal fight is as popular as it is, Grizzlies can be 2-3 times the weight of a Gorilla, they've found wild Grizzlies up to 1500 lbs, they used to bait Bears with Bulls back in early California days, the Bears typically won by shattering the Bulls skulls with paw strikes. It really isn't even close.

Last edited by Hiromi; 12-07-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Plus, any damage a Gorilla could do wouldn't amount to much. To get to anything vital it'd have to punch through multiple inches of fat and muscle.

I wouldn't personally put favorable odds on a Gorilla cleaning 10/10 against a Black Bear, even. At least up here, there's reports of black bears taking it to brown bears, albeit dying afterwards.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Honestly don't understand how this particular animal fight is as popular as it is, Grizzlies can be 2-3 times the weight of a Gorilla, they've found wild Grizzlies up to 1500 lbs, they used to bait Bears with Bulls back in early California days, the Bears typically won by shattering the Bulls skulls with paw strikes. It really isn't even close.
    People have this massively exaggerated idea of what a gorilla's strength is and means.
    Why are we here?