Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Movie Rumbles: Who's Most Powerful?

Think of the latest movie incarnations only (for instance, Cavill Superman rather than Reeve Superman) what's the order of power?

My picks:

Hulk: He took the power of the Infinity Stones and survived.

Superman: ridiculous as it sounds, he snapped a Kryptonian neck on Earth. But he could not withstand the potential of Hulk.

Captain Marvel: despite MCU insistence, she has yet to show she is more powerful than Hulk, despite standing up to Thanos when Hulk was defeated by him. Hulk was more powerful than the stones, and she wasn't.

What's your pick and why?

Didn't Hulk get his arm royally effed up by the stones? How is that being more powerful than them?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Didn't Hulk get his arm royally effed up by the stones? How is that being more powerful than them?
    As mentioned, he survived. I'll add he took less damage from the stones than Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    As mentioned, he survived. I'll add he took less damage from the stones than Thanos.
    Did he? Thanos was able to snap twice with them and survived even if it was in a weakened state. Hulk being gamma powered also played a factor.

If he was more powerful than the stones, his arm wouldn't have been messed up. Surviving them is impressive but he's not invulnerable.

At any rate, this rumble is between Carol and Clark. Hulk isn't fast enough to keep up with them.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Hulk is chaff to Carol.

Hulk never took an attack from any of the stones. He managed a snap, that screwed him up royally, despite the stones being explicitly a sort of radiation that is beneficial to him. The same snap in the other sense (Hulk brought back, Thanos deleted) did literally nothing to Thanos. No damage at all. The use that damaged him was the one destroying the stones.

Clark is faster than Carol by a significant amount, but I don't think that he can actually hurt her. Her no-selling Thanos' headbutt is just massively beyond anything Cavill Clark has shown, so he likely just can't hurt her at all. So it will probably take a crazy long time but she'll win, based on what we've seen. She's just massively too durable, and she's definitely strong enough to snap his neck once she eventually gets her hands on him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Hulk is chaff to Carol.

Hulk never took an attack from any of the stones. He managed a snap, that screwed him up royally, despite the stones being explicitly a sort of radiation that is beneficial to him. The same snap in the other sense (Hulk brought back, Thanos deleted) did literally nothing to Thanos. No damage at all.
    The original snap all but disabled the entire left side of Thanos'body.

The original snap all but disabled the entire left side of Thanos'body.
    It destroyed the gauntlet and burned his arm, from the gauntlet to just below the shoulder. It did markedly less damage to Thanos, than it did to the Hulk.

Considering too that Thanos playfully dismantled the Hulk, after ignoring his best shots... what's the argument here?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Thanos demonlished Hulk with ease when they fought but was being over-powered by Captain Marvel until he used the Power Stone smack her away.

Seems pretty conclusive to me.

BANNED

Let's please not forget that Thanos already had the power stone when he fought Hulk, and Hulk survived the power of all the infinity stones, and there's nothing to suggest that Marvel could have.

Hulk is nearly at the level of Cosmic Force, beyond both Thanos and Marvel.

Let's please not forget that Thanos already had the power stone when he fought Hulk, and Hulk survived the power of all the infinity stones, and there's nothing to suggest that Marvel could have.

As is explained by both the movie creators and in the movie itself, Thanos wasn't using the stones when he beat the **** out of the Hulk. So none of what you're saying is accurate.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

If he is, how did did Thor - who isn't on your list - stalemate him pre-powerup and then folded him in Ragnarok?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As is explained by both the movie creators and in the movie itself, Thanos wasn't using the stones when he beat the **** out of the Hulk. So none of what you're saying is accurate.

Infinity War Writers Say Thanos Could've Beaten Hulk, Power Stone or Not

So yeah, like Cthulhu said, Thanos wrecked Hulk. Hulk surviving the stones is impressive but it royally effed him up. He's nowhere near cosmic level.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Hulk is chaff to Carol.

Hulk never took an attack from any of the stones. He managed a snap, that screwed him up royally, despite the stones being explicitly a sort of radiation that is beneficial to him. The same snap in the other sense (Hulk brought back, Thanos deleted) did literally nothing to Thanos. No damage at all. The use that damaged him was the one destroying the stones.

Clark is faster than Carol by a significant amount, but I don't think that he can actually hurt her. Her no-selling Thanos' headbutt is just massively beyond anything Cavill Clark has shown, so he likely just can't hurt her at all. So it will probably take a crazy long time but she'll win, based on what we've seen. She's just massively too durable, and she's definitely strong enough to snap his neck once she eventually gets her hands on him.
    Completely disagree on Superman vs Carol. But I don't think neither can win. He's not strong enough to significantly hurt her but Carol isn't strong enough to significantly hurt Clark due to his durability and the fact he heals really fast. He also doesn't need to sleep, eat or even breath and doesn't really get tired because he's constantly being charged by the sun.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Completely disagree on Superman vs Carol. But I don't think neither can win. He's not strong enough to significantly hurt her but Carol isn't strong enough to significantly hurt Clark due to his durability and the fact he heals really fast. He also doesn't need to sleep, eat or even breath and doesn't really get tired because he's constantly being charged by the sun.
    Guys as strong as he is (you know, him) can snap Kryptonian necks just fine thanks. Carol is much stronger than he is, and he's a Kryptonian. Ergo, she can snap the crap out of his neck if she gets her hands on him. He's shown to be stunnable by people weaker than she is, he's shown to be a mediocre combattant who depends mostly on his vastly superior stats in combat. She's got some pretty decent AoE energy blasts, she's got much better travel speed, she's more skilled, and she's a lot slower in reactions. If he fights perfectly, it will take a while for her to get her hands on him, but if she does, ever, she folds him like a kleenex. And in between, there's just nothing he can do to her at all. Just like basically all of these other people against her.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Guys as strong as he is (you know, him) can snap Kryptonian necks just fine thanks. Carol is much stronger than he is, and he's a Kryptonian. Ergo, she can snap the crap out of his neck if she gets her hands on him. He's shown to be stunnable by people weaker than she is, he's shown to be a mediocre combattant who depends mostly on his vastly superior stats in combat. She's got some pretty decent AoE energy blasts, she's got much better travel speed, she's more skilled, and she's a lot slower in reactions. If he fights perfectly, it will take a while for her to get her hands on him, but if she does, ever, she folds him like a kleenex. And in between, there's just nothing he can do to her at all. Just like basically all of these other people against her.
    Travel speed means little. She will never catch him though. He's just too fast. He can just outlast her.