Mighty Member

Default current pull-list

Every so often (usually at the beginning of a year), I write out my pull-list to see how many and which series I am following. From year to year, my pull-file is often unrecognizable, due to a combination of series being cancelled or me dropping series that I was curious about.

My current goal is to cut the list down to 8 or less series that I follow consistently. Does anyone else do this?

Current/near-future list:

*=prospective
    /=limited series or ending soon

DC:
    -Batman
    *Fall and Rise of Captain Atom
    /Earth 2

Marvel:
    /Squadron Supreme
    -Ultimates^2
    /Unworthy Thor
    *USAvengers
    *Venom

Other:
    -Frontier
    *GI Joe
    *MASK
    *Star Wars
    *Uber
    -WWE
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Mighty Member

Aside from one or two stores (that are not on my normal flight path), stores around here generally order to sell-through in a few weeks. (Back-issues are a lost art.) A pull-file is the best way to guarantee not missing an issue.

I want to say that "Squadron Supreme" is a better series. I want to say that I will miss it more than I will. But, if not for my sentimental attachment to the characters and idea, I probably would have dropped it with the second or third arc.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle

BANNED

Cutting your list to 8 books is killing the industry!

Think! Do you really need 3 meals a day?

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Action Comics
    Superman
    Supergirl
    Super Woman
    The New Superman
    Trinity
    Wonder Woman
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Green Arrow
    Batgirl & The Birds of Prey
    Hellblazer
    Blue Beetle
    Doom Patrol
    Shade The Changing Girl
    Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye
    East of West
    The Goddamned
    The Black Monday Murders
    Saga
    Injection
    The Walking Dead

Whatever Mignolaverse titles are out in any given month.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

I don't keep a proper full-list, but I do make a weekly list of titles coming out I'm interested in, as well as a running list of what I've been reading and which issue I need next in that series. That said, it constantly in flux as I'll often pick up a #1 to see if I like it and decide to not continue, or am adding new series to look into. I guess I'm still testing waters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    I don't keep a proper full-list, but I do make a weekly list of titles coming out I'm interested in, as well as a running list of what I've been reading and which issue I need next in that series. That said, it constantly in flux as I'll often pick up a #1 to see if I like it and decide to not continue, or am adding new series to look into. I guess I'm still testing waters.
    This is pretty much what I do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Cutting your list to 8 books is killing the industry!

Think! Do you really need 3 meals a day?
    Or money in my wallet, or any extra space?