Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Movies/TV Shows Where It Was Impossible To Root For The Main Character(s)

The main characters are supposed to be the ones you can root for. Sounds simple, right? Well, not always.

For me, it's Cameron Diaz's character in Bad Teacher. Not only the movie is just plain terrible, but there isn't a single thing likable about Cameron Diaz here. She's just plain horrible person.

The Addiction

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Perhaps the original Dallas because J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman) was such a rotten, scheming douchebag. But you kept watching to see what new deviltry he'd cook up next.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Klaus was the Satan of the Vampire Diaries because everybody was teaming up to get rid of him. He felt like the root of all the problems so it was hard to really want him to succeed at whatever he went to new orleans for.

Dante from the devil may cry anime felt like wallpaper in his own series. The anime was technically sound but lacked a spark and just felt like they were going through the motions. The episodes worth watching dont actually focus on him.

Ultimate Member

The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Our "heroes" were a bunch of reckless, self-righteous idiots who's actions were constantly getting people killed. In fact, a big chunk of the people who die in that movie die because of them, either directly or indirectly. And yet the movie still insists on playing them up like they're to good guys.

The one good character of the bunch, doesn't last very long of course.

Spectacular Member

Ted on How I Meet Your Mother. The first season was sorta fine with him, but when its obvious the supporting cast is actually cool and he is a borderline moron then he sucks. The entire Fear the Walking Dead cast expect the Hispanic father and the cool African American con artist. They were awesome everyone else deserved death especially the druggie kid. I would argue Blue Bloods has a cast of just hateable D-bag people. Not one person on that show should be a cop or a lawyer or even a mailman.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I gave up watching Battlestar Galactica after the first season because I realized I didn't really care if any of the characters lived or died. I know, I'll turn in my Geek Card.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If you want a movie I say Mile Teller character in Whiplash. The guy was just unlikable on every level. Sure the JK Simmons character was an *******, but he had a life time to earn the right to be an *******. Tellers character was just the kind of person after being around them for 5 minutes you would say to yourself "this guy is just a dick" and get the hell away from him.

Grey's Anatomy. A pointlessly overdramatic show with full of horrible people. Everyone is a big D-bag and needs to get punched in the face. EVERYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If you want a movie I say Mile Teller character in Whiplash. The guy was just unlikable on every level. Sure the JK Simmons character was an *******, but he had a life time to earn the right to be an *******. Tellers character was just the kind of person after being around them for 5 minutes you would say to yourself "this guy is just a dick" and get the hell away from him.
    I was rooting for him in the beginning. But when he broke up with his girlfriend because she will get in his way of success, I was like, "You prick! You deserve to get whatever punishment J.K. Simmons has for you."

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps the original Dallas because J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman) was such a rotten, scheming douchebag. But you kept watching to see what new deviltry he'd cook up next.
    The show even admitted it was originally suppose to be about Bobby and Pamela but Larry Hagman and his J.R. stole the show.

Prometheus because they were all morons and deserves to die. any horror movie where the the main charatcer goes and checks out the creepy noise coming from the Dark room.

Marlon Brando's character in "Last Tango in Paris"

Rose and Jack didn't give a damn about them and just wanted to see the boat sink.

Arrow has hands down two of the worst main characters around.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.