Page 91 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1523

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Anybody know if the race that attacked Wakanda are from the MU 616. I don't think their name was mentioned. (Though the four arms make them Barsoomian )
    The Outriders.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Or he's a genetically engineered animal [Rocket] and, although he's intelligent, maybe the poof effect doesn't include animals.
    Groot went pooof.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So what was Thanos doing in Avengers and GOTC? He let others use the infinity stones and didn't try to get them. Was he using the surrogates to kill half the population before he got the Gauntlet idea? Because it didn't look like Ronan or the Cihitauri were just going to kill half the inhabitants of the worlds they invaded.

Also, were the race of creatures that attacked Wakanda from MU 616?
    Thanos probably had to lay low since Asgard was still around along with Odin. He couldn't get the Gauntlet made, because that place of Dwarves was protected by Asgard.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Thanos probably had to lay low since Asgard was still around along with Odin. He couldn't get the Gauntlet made, because that place of Dwarves was protected by Asgard.

I think a fully United Asgard (plus other 9 realms) defeats pre powered Thanos.

Odin was pretty powerful
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Finally saw it a second time, shocked I didn't catch the flaw in the guantlet the first time. I like the idea of Thanos not only needing to consciously think about what he's doing but also needing making a fist. Keeps him insanely possible but makes a fight with him possible with good strategy as Stark's/Strange team initially had.
    Yeah, it's a good way to create at least a veneer of defense as to "well, why didn't Thanos just ____?" as it's less a magic wish-granting machine and has more mechanical quality, and so implies a certain degree of limitation to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Outriders.

Groot went pooof.
    OOPS. Good point.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Way to go, Loki. He tricked himself into getting killed

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b032b10bfaa3a0

Mentions Betty Ross, Korg and Miek, Jane Foster, Aunt May, among others.

Director comments: “When we say spoiler, [we mean] potential spoiler,” Anthony clarified after I was a bit shocked they couldn’t comment on Jane.

Thoughts: Whoa, what? Natalie Portman hasn’t been a part of the MCU since “Thor: The Dark World” back in 2013. However, Portman has said she’d be open to returning to the Marvel realm, so maybe a Thor-Jane reunion is on the horizon.
    Hmm. Why can't they talk about jane?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Hmm. Why can't they talk about jane?
    Heavens to All Father I hope not. Natalie Portman as Thor is not an idea that excites me. There's other actresses I could see in the role, but not her.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Heavens to All Father I hope not. Natalie Portman as Thor is not an idea that excites me. There's other actresses I could see in the role, but not her.
    She can play the Jane that is suffering from cancer but when she transforms it should be someone else entirely

Padme has been boring in MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Padme has been boring in MCU.
    I don't think Natalie Portman is coming back. Supposedly, she only did "The Dark World" because of who the director was and then they fired that director after she was already contractually obligated. I'm not saying it was done just because she was already on board. But I doubt she will do another MCU movie though you never know. Money talks.
    Power with Girl is better.

I don't think Natalie Portman is coming back. Supposedly, she only did "The Dark World" because of who the director was and then they fired that director after she was already contractually obligated. I'm not saying it was done just because she was already on board. But I doubt she will do another MCU movie though you never know. Money talks.
    They need to move on from Jane. They missed the boat. Tony and pepper is the only earned relationship imo. Steve and peggy was done well acting wise but felt rushed. Starlord Gamora was being handled well with a real slow burn but Infinity war had to force a jump forward that was too much of a leap imo. Some of the younger franchises have potential Black panther and Antman specifically. But yea Jane/Thor steve/Sharon aren't happening for me.

As a huge fan of Liv and Arwen, I'm so mad that her character had been tossed aside after the movie and was confirmed "gone"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astonishing Member

She would do it for the right role as well. I don't think she'll ever come back to be a love interest.

(Maybe they got her for a cameo for the next movie...but I suspect they might mention her in passing or something...)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Tony and pepper is the only earned relationship imo. .
    I'm curious how you think they earned it. To me their relationship haphazardly changed from one movie to the next with no logic at all, other than what the director wanted to tell in the story.