Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Things will be getting tighter here in Philadelphia starting on Friday and last until at least January 1st:

—no indoor gatherings, public or private
    —outdoor gatherings limited to 10 percent
    —no indoor dining
    —no attendance at any sporting events
    —gyms, museums and libraries closed
    —working at home only
    —high schools and colleges online only

Not exactly a lockdown, full or partial, but these restrictions might well be the next harshest thing.
    What does that mean for small businesses?

It means they'll have to rely on state assistance, if there is any, until or if the federal government decides to step up and help. Which they probably won't. Because, ya know, boot straps.

Things will be getting tighter here in Philadelphia starting on Friday and last until at least January 1st:

—no indoor gatherings, public or private
    —outdoor gatherings limited to 10 percent
    —no indoor dining
    —no attendance at any sporting events
    —gyms, museums and libraries closed
    —working at home only
    —high schools and colleges online only

Not exactly a lockdown, full or partial, but these restrictions might well be the next harshest thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It means they'll have to rely on state assistance, if there is any, until or if the federal government decides to step up and help. Which they probably won't. Because, ya know, boot straps.
    Yeah.

While I get and back that it's way past time to get a lot more serious about "Mitigation..." measures, it seems like no one is even seriously considering the collateral damage that they will cause.

To me, getting serious about that is every bit as important as being more serious about trying to minimize spread.

So my g/f tested negative. That's good, but her job doesn't want her to return to work until she no longer has symptoms. I'm thinking she has the flu, which usually takes over a week to go away for her.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So my g/f tested negative. That's good, but her job doesn't want her to return to work until she no longer has symptoms. I'm thinking she has the flu, which usually takes over a week to go away for her.
    Good to hear that it was a "Negative" test.

Someone I know tested "Positive", but is completely asymptomatic. They are still asking her to take ten days off before they talk about coming back to work.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    The only restriction on retail is limited number of people allowed in stores, but there aren't any closures. So far. I'll find out myself as I'll be off to my friendly neighborhood comic book shop today.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Good to hear. Have you gotten a flu shot yourself?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The only restriction on retail is limited number of people allowed in stores, but there aren't any closures. So far. I'll find out myself as I'll be off to my friendly neighborhood comic book shop today.

Good to hear. Have you gotten a flu shot yourself?
    Oh yeah. I got my flu shot back in September.
    Watching television is not an activity.

My comic shop has a limit of 7 people in the store while my friend's record shop has a 4 person limit.

And I'll be home on my own for Thanksgiving this year because I can't go to the place I usually am invited to because of the 10 person limit for indoor gatherings and a few of the people that would be there are in the high risk (age-wise) category. I had two other people invite me over but then came all the advisories to stay home so that's what I intend to do.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    My comic shop has a limit of 7 people in the store while my friend's record shop has a 4 person limit.

And I'll be home on my own for Thanksgiving this year because I can't go to the place I usually am invited to because of the 10 person limit for indoor gatherings and a few of the people that would be there are in the high risk (age-wise) category. I had two other people invite me over but then came all the advisories to stay home so that's what I intend to do.
    The shop I frequent in downtown Philly has a limit of five, which isn’t too terribly bad. As for Thanksgiving, we usually gather together at my cousin’s house for a big bash, but, with severe limitations on indoor gatherings, said bash might not happen this year.

Even if it happens, you shouldn’t go.

Please be safe everyone.

Please be safe everyone.
    More than likely I won’t go. We have a goodly number of seniors who attend our bash, including my cousin’s mother who’s in her 70’s and impared from a stroke for the last decade, not a good thing at all.

Please be safe everyone.
    I had two different friends invite me over to their place this year but I told both of them no. I'll be at home.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

My family are not gathering, so we will be at home. The two of us and the dogs. (I kind of prefer it, actually.)

It's heartbreaking for my mom that she has not hugged her grandchild, my 18 months old niece, in almost a year. And we're not even bringing up Christmas currently.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    It's heartbreaking for my mom that she has not hugged her grandchild, my 18 months old niece, in almost a year. And we're not even bringing up Christmas currently.
    Christmas won't be much of a pain for me this year. Since my mom died four years ago, I really haven't done much to "celebrate" Christmas. The last couple of years a friend of mine have just gone to see a movie on Xmas Day. I do go for dessert to the same family friend that invites me to Thanksgiving dinner but that won't happen this year. However, I'm not overly bummed about missing that compared to the turkey dinner absence.