Page 295 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1952452852912922932942952962972982993053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    I'd swap a Byrne Alpha Flight for Moon Knight and add an original X-Factor to that but yeah, those are needed.
    The problem with original X-Factor is that would be a lot of double dipping compared to the other titles listed. The X-Men event OHCs like Mutant Massacre, Fall Of The Mutants, and Inferno contain a goor portion of the early X-Facotr days. I'd say at least half of what a volume 1 omnibus would include. That being said, since all of the OHCs I just mentioned are OOP, it wouldn't be a bad thing for new collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Attachment 35401

Heres a photo of the spine with some other omnibi to compare
    Mine hasn't shipped yet from IST (they're getting later and later with their shipments) but I really like that spine. Can't wait to have it in hand!

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Does anyone have any opinions on the Charlie Huston / Mike Benson Moon Knight series from a few years back? It's the one that crossed over with Civil War. I really like the series Ellis started and the first two epic collections have been really enjoyable.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Does anyone have any opinions on the Charlie Huston / Mike Benson Moon Knight series from a few years back? It's the one that crossed over with Civil War. I really like the series Ellis started and the first two epic collections have been really enjoyable.
    Get it, I highly doubt you will be disappointed.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

My favourite Moon Knight and I love all of it. Even the crossover with Civil War is cool because of his place in the Marvel universe.

Mighty Member

I knew marvel couldn't get through 5 volumes without screwing with us...

http://imgur.com/zVad2xE

Damn you marvel lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

Damn you marvel lol
    Oh FFS Marvel. Time to break out the black Sharpie pen and fix this travesty.

Just kidding... kind of.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Damn you marvel lol
    That's super f*cking annoying...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Damn you marvel lol
    That is messed up. It looks so out of place next to the others. Makes it look like another series. Stupid
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning Omnibus.

http://imgur.com/a/JjUtE
    I cannot decide if I'm pulling the trigger on this one. I have all of this material already, but only a bit in OHC - and I have OHC of EVERYTHING else in the cosmic line that's ever been offered. Still, that's not a terrific reason to spend ~$60.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I'd prefer the classic, but oh man, I'd buy an OHC of Zeb Wells' New Mutants issues in a New York minute. SUCH an underrated run. Probably not enough to fill an omni (what was it, 18 issues total? And three of those were Second Coming crossover issues, so you'd probably leave those out), but it'd make for a perfect OHC.
    Co-signed. The initial run of New Mutants prior to Age of X is 100% Awesome X-Men comics. The post-Second Coming arc "The Fall (and Rise) of the New Mutants" is one of my favorite single-title X-Men stories of all time.
    Last edited by krisis; 05-07-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Get it, I highly doubt you will be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    My favourite Moon Knight and I love all of it. Even the crossover with Civil War is cool because of his place in the Marvel universe.
    Awesome, thanks guys. I'll start hunting it down.

I have to admit I even liked the Bendis run. Granted I read it now, when I already know the direction he took the book didn't stick, and I definitely wouldn't have wanted it to stick, but, knowing it did no harm in the long run, I thought it was a fun enough read. Even though all the characters speak Bendis-speak rather than how I'd imagine they would actually speak. The dialogue does stand out but I can get around it as long as it's entertaining.

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll start hunting it down.
    I have to admit I even liked the Bendis run. Granted I read it now, when I already know the direction he took the book didn't stick, and I definitely wouldn't have wanted it to stick, but, knowing it did no harm in the long run, I thought it was a fun enough read. Even though all the characters speak Bendis-speak rather than how I'd imagine they would actually speak. The dialogue does stand out but I can get around it as long as it's entertaining.
    I love the old MK stuff, but the Charlie Huston + Mike Benson issues were amazing!
    The last TPB "Down South" slows down a bit and the 2 volumes of Vengeance of the Moon Knight and Shadowland change the pace a lot but are still a good read I think.
    (the Bendis volumes are after "shadowland" and are a bit confusing at times but ok... MK is great again in the Warren Ellis volume )

Anyone reading the Lemire issues? They look great but i'm waiting for the TPB.

Incredible Member

So the material in the Silver Age Cap Omnibus that was just reprinted - is it really notable or essential in any way? Like the silver age Fantastic Four and Spider-Man Omnibuses get a lot of praise. Some say Fantastic Four is the "Great American Novel." Those two titles seem like they're also very important in just a historical context for Marvel and worth working through even if someone isn't a fan of the silver age writing style. But does Cap fit that mold, or is it something that, unless you're a huge fan of the character, you should skip?

All-New Member

Default Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus - buy now or wait?

So it looks like I done held out too long on the IG omni. It's starting to get those ridiculous prices that out of print Marvel omnis tend to get.

So my question is, should I just buy a copy from CheapGNs now for $150, or wait on the inevitable reprint coming in 2018 before the Infinity War movies come out? Is this entirely a personal value call?

I guess "Is its reprint inevitable?" is a better question.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Oh FFS Marvel. Time to break out the black Sharpie pen and fix this travesty.

Just kidding... kind of.
    That is completely fucking inept.

Quote Originally Posted by squashmaster View Post
    So it looks like I done held out too long on the IG omni. It's starting to get those ridiculous prices that out of print Marvel omnis tend to get.

So my question is, should I just buy a copy from CheapGNs now for $150, or wait on the inevitable reprint coming in 2018 before the Infinity War movies come out? Is this entirely a personal value call?

I guess "Is its reprint inevitable?" is a better question.
    There is no such thing as an inevitable reprint.