Page 92 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3319
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hal and Ollie, courtesy of Mike Grell:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

can't wait to see how liam draw hal and ollie together...

Kind of weird that Hal looks pretty much the same as the Hard Traveling Heroes days while Ollie is obviously in his modern costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of weird that Hal looks pretty much the same as the Hard Traveling Heroes days while Ollie is obviously in his modern costume .
    Hey, a classic is a classic. It's funny how many tiny alterations there has been to his outfit over the years, but it almost always defaults to how people think of it in their minds. The only changes to stick were the green shoulders and then shortening the unitard. I think both were improvements.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hey, a classic is a classic. It's funny how many tiny alterations there has been to his outfit over the years, but it almost always defaults to how people think of it in their minds. The only changes to stick were the green shoulders and then shortening the unitard. I think both were improvements.
    So true.

Very few changes have been made to GL's and Flash's costume over the years. Great designs.

Just an opinion mind you, but I think that was part of the overall “no trunks worn on the outside” costume mandate. Ironically, said mandate was broken when Superman recently went back to the old look.

Just an opinion mind you, but I think that was part of the overall “no trunks worn on the outside” costume mandate. Ironically, said mandate was broken when Superman recently went back to the old look.
    I believe Hal got the new look with Rebirth in 2004, Superman didn't lose his trunks until the New 52 which was 2011. Batman's trunks kinda came and went a couple times after the movies, but I don't think that was part of any linewide directive.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Hmm, not sure about that. Hal got the new look with Rebirth in 2004, Superman didn't lose his trunks until the New 52 which was 2011 I believe. Batman's trunks kinda came and went a couple times after the movies, but I don't think that was part of any linewide directive.
    It's one of the rare cases of a classic costume being updated in a way that improves upon the original. Same goes for The Flash's classic look when they changed the lightning bolt belt.

No, if they'd just get rid of all the extraneous lines on Flash. Electricity is all the highlights that costume needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    No, if they'd just get rid of all the extraneous lines on Flash. Electricity is all the highlights that costume needs.
    Yeah, I can think of only two or three artists have been able to make all those lines work on the suit. Flash should look much more streamlined.

Not sure whether I would take or leave the chinstrap at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I can think of only two or three artists have been able to make all those lines work on the suit. Flash should look much more streamlined.

Not sure whether I would take or leave the chinstrap at this point.
    Chinstrap has to go. It throws off the symmetry of his face. It makes sense realistically but then again people don't break the sound barrier in their sneakers so I'm willing to bite that bullet.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I believe Hal got the new look with Rebirth in 2004, Superman didn't lose his trunks until the New 52 which was 2011. Batman's trunks kinda came and went a couple times after the movies, but I don't think that was part of any linewide directive.
    Quite right. I got my timelines wrong. D-OH on me!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    This shot is awesome.

Spectacular Member

With Gambit finally gone, could Channing Tatum play a good Hal? He is the age they were asking for but he looks a lot younger. And he desperately wants to play a superhero...

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    With Gambit finally gone, could Channing Tatum play a good Hal? He is the age they were asking for but he looks a lot younger. And he desperately wants to play a superhero...
    Eh...I like Tatum, but no .