Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Today's issue of X-Force got me excited about how Peter will be portrayed by Percy!

Besides exploring the trauma of being Xavier's soldier and how people who experienced same **** can be drawn together (Domlossus), I loved that we had no russian slang and that Pete sounded like a chill guy. No sign of being the psycho ex, thankfully.

Maybe it's time for the well deserved new chapter for Colossus? I surely hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Today's issue of X-Force got me excited about how Peter will be portrayed by Percy!

Besides exploring the trauma of being Xavier's soldier and how people who experienced same **** can be drawn together (Domlossus), I loved that we had no russian slang and that Pete sounded like a chill guy. No sign of being the psycho ex, thankfully.

Maybe it's time for the well deserved new chapter for Colossus? I surely hope so!
    I agree, I hope Percy treats Colossus well. I was never never big on the Domino thing, but whatever, it is good to see him back in action.

That said, he has not been the psycho ex since WatXM (and I know he was not in his right mind at the time). "Whales with legs", le sigh. Even after being left at the altar, he pretty much tried to drink his problems away or avoid Kate. It's funny how a writer's hatred towards him has had such long lasting repercussions.

BANNED

Peter’s portrait of Mikhail. Foreshadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Peter’s portrait of Mikhail. Foreshadowing?

Good call...

Hang on a second...I picked up the book on my lunch break and flipped through it. Now in the waning hours of my workday, I read it. When did Colossus die? During his recovery? Before? Something is up. And Somewhere Jordan D White is chuckling.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post

yes! he deserves it ! after the exposure in deadpool 1 and 2 he even could have a solo book, but marvel doesnt take the oportunities!
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Stud.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Stud.

Paint me like one of your underage Jewish girls

Oh my...lol. We took it there.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

Yikes, are appreciation threads for intentionally misrepresenting a character nowadays?

News to me.

Yeah, remember when Peter would buy Kitty booze and cigarettes? Then drive his white van to the cemetary? He was a scumbag.

/s

Hope Percy gives Colossus some nice character development and focus now that he has a presence in X-Force.

Most writers have a habit of ignoring Colossus and keeping him as a supportive player.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Hope Percy gives Colossus some nice character development and focus now that he has a presence in X-Force.

Most writers have a habit of ignoring Colossus and keeping him as a supportive player.
    To be honest, thats where the character works best. Its not lead material IMO. He works best as a supporting player for others to bounce off of. The stories that tend to focus on him and his own personal issues have been boring for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be honest, thats where the character works best. Its not lead material IMO. He works best as a supporting player for others to bounce off of. The stories that tend to focus on him and his own personal issues have been boring for the most part
    We have been conditioned to feel this way because they keep holding the tin-man down

He doesn't have the be a lead, but he should definitely receive more focus. And that focus shouldn't just come from his relationships with Kitty/Illyana/Mikhail/Domino...

Amazing Member

Colossus' "death" is a retcon. He wasn't dead upon arrival to Krakoa. He was being healed and was secretly pretending to be asleep/unconscious. The panels were very clear in re to that. Careless mistake by Marvel, but I won't lament on it.

Colossus is a fictional character who suffers often from poor writers, editors and artists (i.e., current issue of X-Force has him same height and weight armored up and human form). It's the former that irritates me the most. I was surprised and happy that Percy didn't write him as a Soviet-era simpleton. Brian Wood was the only other writer that I am aware of who penned Colossus in an intellectual and Americanized manner. So, there is that glimmer of hope.

In re to the painting. I might be the only one or one of the few who thinks it's not his brother, Mikhail, but instead, bearded, brooding and chaotic, Colossus. A self portrait of his inner soul perhaps.

Just saw this in the main X-force #7 thread: https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/s...541342720?s=19

Official, Colossus didn't die.
    Last edited by Nivek; 02-13-2020 at 09:26 AM.