Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Out of Rupert Murdoch's ashes of his old world , DISNEY WILL BUILD A BETTER ONE !

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Out of Rupert Murdoch's ashes of his old world , DISNEY WILL BUILD A BETTER ONE !

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes you could say.

BANNED

52 billion...woooow

but Fox keeps Faux News (which is a cash cow) and Fox Sports (which is a cash cow)
    Last edited by TheInvisibleMan; 12-14-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Disney ought to float the rumors that they're going to add '66 Batman to The Avengers. Just to watch WB's head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Disney ought to float the rumors that they're going to add '66 Batman to The Avengers. Just to watch WB's head spin.
    And signing Ben Affleck to play the part.

Any idea if the Fox projects (X-force, Dr Doom by Noah Hawley, Multiple Man, New Mutants continuity,...) will be canceled ou what will happen to r-rated marvel movies? this is my only concern. I believe MCU will make beter X-men and FF films, I don't believe it will make good adult contents like Deadpool or X-force or a Dr Doom by Noah Hawley.
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    This is now in the major news outlets as having been made official with the final price tag of $52.4 billion and includes 21st Century Fox's movie studio and regional sports networks, cable channels FX and National Geographic, and Fox's stakes in Hulu and European pay-TV provider Sky

21st Century Fox (FOX) will separate the Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network into a new company that will be spun off to its shareholders.

Official statement here https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/wal...billion-stock/

The only thing I don't care for in the deal is disney acquiring the fox sports channels... that seems like a play to bolster their espn channel and access to regional sports content that I don't give a damn about, and if I did sign up for some future disney streaming service I'd prefer not having that go to some live sports or espn.

And the reports and others are wrong! Disney may have got the fox name and full studio as well.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Didn't even realize til one article pointed it out - RIP Fox Searchlight.

But hey, Cyclops can now interact w/ Iron Man. That's all that matters.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Didn't even realize til one article pointed it out - RIP Fox Searchlight.

But hey, Cyclops can now interact w/ Iron Man. That's all that matters.
    nature abhors a vacuum

another indie studio/distributor will pop up

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It's sad if this deal can't get the FF or X-Men or Hugh Jackman into Infinity War. I'm pretty sure it won't, so that's sad.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Can we expect Galactus to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3?

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's sad if this deal can't get the FF or X-Men or Hugh Jackman into Infinity War. I'm pretty sure it won't, so that's sad.
    Too late for that. Arent they filming avengers 4 already?

They kinda have to reboot xmen to be able to fit them into the mcu either that or do a secret wars type story with alternate realitys etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I bet james Gunn is already asking that very question

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'd bet Galactus and Silver Surfer will probably IMO be a after credits scene of Avengers 4.