Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1161

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    There should be a lot of criticism towards Fox studios. The X-Men franchise is killing the superhero genre. Horrible movies with the exception of Deadpool and DOFP. The box office returns are middling. It's Fox that should be scorned, not WB.
    Xmen apocalypse was a much more watchable movie then BvS. It wasnt good but you didnt stare at your watch for 2hrs. X2,xmen,DoFP,and The wolverine all competent-good movies only X3 was sub par and Origins was just awful. While i dont like the disregard for the source material fox has been doing fine with xmen. Its f4 they cant seem to figure out. The problem is the xmen movies have never been a huge draw at the box office. With the exception of DOFP there movies arent really evetns like the big money earners. Apocalypse was but it got mixed reviews and came out at a bad time.

Deadpool was a freak of nature. It made a killing because a combination of things quality/marketing/release date/and a unique charatcer. Civil war was an avengers movies basicaly, BvS has the event in the title, SS was a supervillian team which is soemthint new, not to mention Batman, joker and will Smith and Margot robbie. Xmen apcolaypse was an event in that it had huge scope but there really wasnt an event to sell like DoFP with the old actors coming back. If apocalypse woulda been postponed till august i think it woulda made more money but still was never gonna be a 800m+ earner.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    The crazy thing is he is being critical of it as it moves past Winter Soldier World Wide without China. And if it had China it would be in the top ten superhero movies ever in box office. Its mind boggling the bias and stupidity in these articles.
    Yeah I agree the criticisms and comparisons get dumber by the minute. "SS sucess may spell doom for the DCEU." wait. what?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah I agree the criticisms and comparisons get dumber by the minute. "SS sucess may spell doom for the DCEU." wait. what?
    The whole thing is ridiculous. 5 of the top ten movies of the year world wide are CBMs. They other ones are talking cartoon animals. And two of these CBMs deadpool and suicide squad were not even released in China. If they were you would have four of the top six movies of the year being CBMS.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 09-25-2016 at 07:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Xmen apocalypse was a much more watchable movie then BvS. It wasnt good but you didnt stare at your watch for 2hrs. X2,xmen,DoFP,and The wolverine all competent-good movies only X3 was sub par and Origins was just awful. While i dont like the disregard for the source material fox has been doing fine with xmen. Its f4 they cant seem to figure out. The problem is the xmen movies have never been a huge draw at the box office. With the exception of DOFP there movies arent really evetns like the big money earners. Apocalypse was but it got mixed reviews and came out at a bad time.

Deadpool was a freak of nature. It made a killing because a combination of things quality/marketing/release date/and a unique charatcer. Civil war was an avengers movies basicaly, BvS has the event in the title, SS was a supervillian team which is soemthint new, not to mention Batman, joker and will Smith and Margot robbie. Xmen apcolaypse was an event in that it had huge scope but there really wasnt an event to sell like DoFP with the old actors coming back. If apocalypse woulda been postponed till august i think it woulda made more money but still was never gonna be a 800m+ earner.
    X-men Apoc was a lot better than BvS, in that it was watchable. BvS (the theatrical version, anyway) was a boring, slogging mess. The Ultimate edition fixed a lot of the problems, but it should have been fixed before. Civil War hit on a lot of the same themes, and did it better, with more style, and in the theatrical version.
    Not that it matters, BvS has made good bank, and it hopefully going forward, WB doesn't waste time and gets a tighter editing process for the first run.

Astonishing Member

731 million without China chug chug chug.

really?? how long has this movie been in theaters?? nice work suicide squad. hope they announce the sequel soon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    really?? how long has this movie been in theaters?? nice work suicide squad. hope they announce the sequel soon
    And an extended cut blu-ray! :P

ss have now knocked iron man out of the top 50 movies of all time

55 days

ss have now knocked iron man out of the top 50 movies of all time
    And the 13th highest rated comic book adaptation. Only $22 million less than Batman v Superman domestic on a budget $75 million less.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    55 days

And the 13th highest rated comic book adaptation. Only $22 million less than Batman v Superman domestic on a budget $75 million less.
    $733mil WW. I expect it to break $750mil by the end of its run.

And now Suicide Squad is only $9.5 million less domestic than Batman v Superman and $139 million less worldwide. On a budget of $75 million less.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    And now Suicide Squad is only $9.5 million less domestic than Batman v Superman and $139 million less worldwide. On a budget of $75 million less.
    I think you're wasting your time now fellas. The early detractors and doom merchants on this thread are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    And an extended cut blu-ray! :P
    Just announced! 13 extra minutes, available digitally November 15th and on Blu-ray December 13th. Here's a trailer!
    https://youtu.be/qEQ4Rp9_lWI
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 10-05-2016 at 10:19 AM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

13 minutes won't be a game changer like BvS's beautiful Ultimate edition.

Oh well, I still have my Marv Wolfman paperback book based off the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    13 minutes won't be a game changer like BvS's beautiful Ultimate edition.

Oh well, I still have my Marv Wolfman paperback book based off the script.
    I have a feeling most of the new scenes will be restored Joker footage. The trailer shows the Joker / Harleen confrontation when she stops his car, for example.

For anyone who hated it, I doubt 13 minutes will change their minds. For those of us who want more Joker though, this could be amazing.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."