Page 268 of 270 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270 LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4044
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Random Idea: Watching Hawkeye on D+... is that the way to do Batman and Robin?

Looking forward to more modern Dick as Robin stories. As much as I love Dick Grayson, his Robin tenure is something I've struggled to get into because they feel dated. I think for myself and other newer fans of comics it'd help us to value Dick as Robin if we had stories of him in the role that we could appreciate without the cheesiness of the golden/silver age vibe.

Incredible Member

Nightwing #87 was the 2nd best selling comic on ComiXology this week - https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

While we don't have the actual overall sales data, it's nice to see that at least online the book is doing great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    You can only hope that maybe the book will turn into a property creators want to write over looking at it as a stepping stone where DC would be willing to invest more talent on it.
    i hope for no such thing

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    i hope for no such thing
    So you want the book to be used as a stepping stone where DC doesn't invest a lot of resources in?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So you want the book to be used as a stepping stone where DC doesn't invest a lot of resources in?
    I mean this is pretty much exactly what Nightwing solo has been since Dixon. Change and Nightwing are apparently like oil and water.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    I think it would have been a more interesting story than the one we got. Not sure if I like Tim as Nightwing though. Any Robin becoming Nightwing after Dick just feels off to me, taking both of Dick's most iconic identities would just read as a form of plagiarism of Dick's hero's journey. Especially since Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian are usually drawn very similar.

I would have liked to see Tim in Blüdhaven during the whole Ric debacle, just not as Nightwing.
    In injustice, Dick gives Damian the Nightwing mantle and Damian also has a Nightwing skin in the games! So the nighrwing mantle has unfortunately already been passed down in a way. Dick also originally had the Red Robin mantle that was also given to Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Creators have always wanted to write Nightwing. It’s DC who refused to “waste” big names on Dick and instead insisted on putting them on Batman. Waid’s Daredevil run started as a pitch for Nightwing but DC didn’t want to put a “big name” like Waid on a book like Nightwing.
    The tides have def turned since it came out that a bunch of writers have actually been offered Nightwing but they have turned it down! DC really REALLY dropped the ball on this character. I can’t understand why they let him fall so badly. If the problem is not trying to have him out-do Bruce, why not take him out of batfam and let him be on his own with his own niche? It seems DC just wants to use Dick to prop up batfam and that’s it. Because any time someone wants to do the opposite, they throw in every possible wrench to stop it from happening.

DC has already pretty much given most of Dick’s best traits, villains and concepts to other batfam characters. At this point, just set him free and let a writer like Waid completely revamp the character with new mythos and direction! There are plenty of things for Nightwing to do that don’t Involve him being associated with Batman. There is spyral, there is moving far away from where Gotham is and setting up shoppe in a new city with a new side cast. There is globe trotting Dick. But DC seems to think there are only two directions for Dick to take: Death or stale/datedstatus quo from late 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    The tides have def turned since it came out that a bunch of writers have actually been offered Nightwing but they have turned it down! DC really REALLY dropped the ball on this character. I can’t understand why they let him fall so badly. If the problem is not trying to have him out-do Bruce, why not take him out of batfam and let him be on his own with his own niche? It seems DC just wants to use Dick to prop up batfam and that’s it. Because any time someone wants to do the opposite, they throw in every possible wrench to stop it from happening.

DC has already pretty much given most of Dick’s best traits, villains and concepts to other batfam characters. At this point, just set him free and let a writer like Waid completely revamp the character with new mythos and direction! There are plenty of things for Nightwing to do that don’t Involve him being associated with Batman. There is spyral, there is moving far away from where Gotham is and setting up shoppe in a new city with a new side cast. There is globe trotting Dick. But DC seems to think there are only two directions for Dick to take: Death or stale/datedstatus quo from late 90s.
    It's long overdue but Dc seems to be finally putting some resources into dick grayson's character.

last year was easily the year of Nightwing with how much was invested in promoting him. He is finally beginning to feel like a central figure within the DcU.

he ended the year on a high and is heading into 2022 with even brighter prospects [2 new title's and a possibly animated movie]

Incredible Member

There's no dispute that DC did a lot of mistakes with Dick, especially during the Ric Grayson arc (but not only then) and I get why some writers didn't want to write him.
    But overall it seems like a lot has changed for him this year.
    His series is doing great, his mini as Robin is also doing nicely, he'll also feature as Robin next year in World's finest.

Dick is also going to be involved in two upcoming events - Shadows of the Bat and War on Earth 3.
    In 2022 we'll finally get his arc in YJ, and Gotham knights will release.

Now we just need the disaster that is TTA to either end or change direction and writer ASAP.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't know why people think a globe trotting spy is a niche for Dick. It was good for Grayson, but it's hardly an extremely popular aspect of Dick.

Unfortunately, I think the most popular aspects of Dick are associated with Batman (or Teen Titans). That's why DC mantains Dick near Gotham and the Batfamily.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

LATE! If Dick should meet with Owlman of Earth-3 again it should be the stalker uncle but this one's not him. The moment's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know why people think a globe trotting spy is a niche for Dick. It was good for Grayson, but it's hardly an extremely popular aspect of Dick.

Unfortunately, I think the most popular aspects of Dick are associated with Batman (or Teen Titans). That's why DC mantains Dick near Gotham and the Batfamily.
    A globetrotting nightwing is basically the YJ version of nightwing, which my be the most popular and well known version of him. I just feel nightwing needs something at his core concept that differs form Batman (both of them) other than one is happy and jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

LATE! If Dick should meet with Owlman of Earth-3 again it should be the stalker uncle but this one's not him. The moment's gone.
    It would be cool if dicks earth 3 counterpart was a talon ric grayson.

Seeley said it best (using Raptor as his mouthpiece), Nightwing is a brand extension of Batman. That was true in 2016, it's true now as we enter 2022, and it'll probably be true years from now. That may not be what everyone wants (I mean, I definitely don't lol), but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Meh, that Owlman is the one that punked New 52 Nightwing lol. The first time Dick fought an Owlman, he was Batman, leading the JLA, and eventually beat the CSA with his team thanks to his plan.

Of course, characters are supposed to remember everything ever according to Infinite Frontier, so both previous encounters could be something Dick remembers which would be interesting to see. It seems that aspect has been dropped by DC as a whole though, although it would be funny for Dick to recognize the large age gap between him and Babs that used to exist but definitely doesn't now. We'll see what happens.