Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Marvel should now develop more its non-USA superteams

They’re already getting overtaken by DC!

They definitely should.
    Unless it's writen and drawn by hacks, I'd throw my money at a "Marvel World" book in which every arc would feature a different non-USA team or hero.

I loved how Spencer introduced new chinese and european teams in Avengers World.
    They should do that more often, and NOT use them as redshirts or as faire-valoirs for the Avengers or the X-Men. They should get to fight global and universal threats, and win by themselves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They definitely should.
    Unless it's writen and drawn by hacks, I'd throw my money at a "Marvel World" book in which every arc would feature a different non-USA team or hero.

I loved how Spencer introduced new chinese and european teams in Avengers World.
    They should do that more often, and NOT use them as redshirts or as faire-valoirs for the Avengers or the X-Men. They should get to fight global and universal threats, and win by themselves.
    All of this I agree with

Much of the time I feel marvel feels quite small for its earth based heroes

Only if they are written by people from those countries. I don't want to see another Kinsmen

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Only if they are written by people from those countries. I don't want to see another Kinsmen
    Or, at the very least, people who have the Google, and know what the CIA World Factbook is, so as to avoid the mind-numbing errors they occasionally make, like suggesting that someone is 'speaking Pakistani.'

But yeah, consulting someone who lives in that country, or grew up in that culture, in a world with an internet, isn't exactly rigorous research...

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’d like to see another Darkstar and Winter Guard book.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I love the non-US teams. Captain Britain and MI13, Alpha Flight, Winter Guard, and Big Hero 6 all have so much potential it is sad to just see them pop up and missused in throwaway cameos or stories that hurt them more than help.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Or, at the very least, people who have the Google, and know what the CIA World Factbook is, so as to avoid the mind-numbing errors they occasionally make, like suggesting that someone is 'speaking Pakistani.'

But yeah, consulting someone who lives in that country, or grew up in that culture, in a world with an internet, isn't exactly rigorous research...
    I'm having bad flashbacks to Grant Morrison's introduction of Dust. I'm not sure which was more offensive: the fact that he got every single thing about Afghanistan incorrect (down to having Soraya speak Arabic), the impulse to have her wear niqab just because he felt like it instead of considering her age or cultural background, or the fact that her power is literally to turn into sand...

They definitely should, but not because of DC. Marvel need to stop relying so much on the same settings.

I honestly don't care. The fact that the Avengers or any other team are Americans is usually only really brought up as a joke.
    Even Cap doesn't feel very Murica-ish most of the time and it's part of his freaking name.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Agreed. Alpha Flight, Big Hero 6, MI:13, and the Winter Guard all should be getting some spotlight love, especially considering how long-established most of them are.

Plus, given how many heroes/characters have been introduced over the years, there's plenty of potential members for a team from Mexico (which I don't believe we've seen yet) or something on the African continent. And there are lots of under-the-radar teams who could be reworked and bolstered, like Desert Sword, Les Heroes de Paris, Triumph Division, or Schultz Heiliggruppe.

Hell, China has no less than three teams that've been introduced over the years (The Ascendant, People's Defense Force, the Dynasty) that could be reworked into a single, solid superhero team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Hell, China has no less than three teams that've been introduced over the years (The Ascendant, People's Defense Force, the Dynasty) that could be reworked into a single, solid superhero team.
    I'd be fine with them remaining three distinct teams, even. If the US can support Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Champions, Defenders/Heroes for Hire, etc. then surely countries the size of China, India or Russia can have multiple teams of heroes, as well.