Page 113 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

I mean Scarlet Witch getting a series like WandaVision it's already a blessing, she Will also be in another Blockbuster movie like Dr Strange 2, i really hope they give her a good ending before Lizzie leaves the role which i believe they will since Lizzie already seemed surprise when people asked her about Wanda being a "villain" again since she started as one in AoU

Obviously i don't want lizzie to leave after Dr Strange 2 that's why i hope she appears at least in a new Avengers movie in the future like in 5 years from now since Feige said there will be more Avengers movies but not any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't doubt it, because Feige had an interview today and said it's not a definite no. Obviously there are different things they could do with Wanda. She has a vast presence and history to pluck. Even recently she's had things they can pull from, such as her being a magic detective. If they do a movie version of Midnight Sons, she could be a member or make an appearance. I'm not gonna completely rule it out. I'm also not gonna expect it to happen. But he said the show has been more popular than they were expecting. So usually companies don't leave that potential alone. They want to tap in to that sort of success.
    Oh yeah, but I want her to be in a leading role in future projects. She can't go back to being a supporting player with five minutes of screen time for any future movie she's in. That'd be so boring. And that's also why I'm TOTALLY okay with Vision "retiring" after WandaVision concludes. I don't want him being a background character anymore either. That would also be a MASSIVE step down. I think him "dying" in the Scarlet Witch's arms is a fitting conclusion to his arc. It's where he belongs. In some ways, it's a better "ending" for a character than even Iron Man, Black Widow, and Captain America got, you know? But they're using Wanda a LOT in Phase 4. Hopefully they do it in an effective manner. I think Doctor Strange is gonna be involved in a LOT of things, and even you mentioned you might get tired of seeing his face if they overdo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I mean Scarlet Witch getting a series like WandaVision it's already a blessing, she Will also be in another Blockbuster movie like Dr Strange 2, i really hope they give her a good ending before Lizzie leaves the role which i believe they will since Lizzie already seemed surprise when people asked her about Wanda being a "villain" again since she started as one in AoU

Obviously i don't want lizzie to leave after Dr Strange 2 that's why i hope she appears at least in a new Avengers movie in the future like in 5 years from now since Feige said there will be more Avengers movies but not any time soon
    Yeah, I want her character arc to have a good ending too. Feige and company probably have it all planned out. I would like her to leave with the other heroes like Nick Fury, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, War Machine, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Hulk, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Wasp, Thor, and the Guardians. And preferably in a blaze of glory!

I do think there's a decent chance that Loki, Gamora, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Ant-Man and Nick Fury will each bite the bullet soon. I say this because Feige stated that the next Avengers team will be EXTREMELY different than the previous ones.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-24-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I am enjoying the show, and I do actually appreciate what it is trying to do. It's VERY risky and I think we can all safely say that it's a challenging series. You're right, I'm a bit of a debbie downer because WandaVision has been a downer. Even the humor fits into that mold. At first I thought it was just me, but don't you find the jokes being made are sort of "false" and "artificial", and the writers of this series are totally doing that on purpose? This is not the Gunn/Waititi/Whedon humor that I'm used to where there's no hidden meaning behind it. I am very understanding about mental illness. I think stigmatizing it is wrong and it should be treated the same as physical disabilities. I also think it is good to talk about these issues instead of bottling up these things inside. I just feel sorry that there are so many people in the world who are suffering in silence because they don't have access to medication and therapy. And that goes for people who endured this since the dawn of human civilization. I just feel it's weird that superhero action adventure movies and shows would be tackling these subjects. I mean, there are PLENTY of movies and shows in other genres who can deal with this in FAR greater detail. Why this one? It's a bit of a downer to me, yes. That just takes away from my joy in watching it. Vision and Wanda are very unhappy characters in the comic books, I was hoping that the MCU would avoid some of that stuff in their portrayals of them on screen.
    Well characters with powers means that what is an internal struggle can manifest in a external way. In a very flashy and destructive way. I think that is and has been the lure with doing these kind of stories. If you disregard the lazy "superhero goes evil" that are sometimes used more as a plot device to move a character from point A to point C.

I think I'm enjoying this because I'm not quite sure witch way they will go with this. In general I'm for Wanda and Vision as a couple. Both in comics and MCU. I like Olsen and Bettany and would love to see more of them. So I'm hoping that whatever happens they can stay. Hell I'm greatly enjoying Evan Peters interacting with them too. So I will probably be burned in the end but as of now the potential is so great that I'm enjoying this more on a emotional level then a cerebral where I'm analyzing what's going on and where it's going.

Oh yeah, but I want her to be in a leading role in future projects. She can't go back to being a supporting player with five minutes of screen time for any future movie she's in. That'd be so boring. And that's also why I'm TOTALLY okay with Vision "retiring" after WandaVision concludes. I don't want him being a background character anymore either. That would also be a MASSIVE step down. I think him "dying" in the Scarlet Witch's arms is a fitting conclusion to his arc. It's where he belongs. In some ways, it's a better "ending" for a character than even Iron Man, Black Widow, and Captain America got, you know? But they're using Wanda a LOT in Phase 4. Hopefully they do it in an effective manner. I think Doctor Strange is gonna be involved in a LOT of things, and even you mentioned you might get tired of seeing his face if they overdo it.
    If they did like they did in her solo, they could have another leading role. But honestly I'll take her being anywhere rather than just disappearing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member

I wouldn't mind WANDAVISION being a regular thing. You have an odd couple with odd children living in an odd town. And the setting doesn't have to be sit-com like. I could see Westview as the MCU's version of NORTHERN EXPOSURE, or ERIE, INDIANA, or SMALLVILLE, or some other show where, on the outside, things seem normal, but it has a "secret" that the world doesn't know about. I am surprised that the town setting isn't Salem, Massachusetts, but I guess that it would be too "on the nose".

Looking forward to a satisfying conclusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Well characters with powers means that what is an internal struggle can manifest in a external way. In a very flashy and destructive way. I think that is and has been the lure with doing these kind of stories. If you disregard the lazy "superhero goes evil" that are sometimes used more as a plot device to move a character from point A to point C.

I think I'm enjoying this because I'm not quite sure witch way they will go with this. In general I'm for Wanda and Vision as a couple. Both in comics and MCU. I like Olsen and Bettany and would love to see more of them. So I'm hoping that whatever happens they can stay. Hell I'm greatly enjoying Evan Peters interacting with them too. So I will probably be burned in the end but as of now the potential is so great that I'm enjoying this more on a emotional level then a cerebral where I'm analyzing what's going on and where it's going.
    Yeah, it's been a really weird ride. I'm actually surprised that Disney has not let the story move into an all-out slugfest by now. I mean, it's been kinda quiet actually. Definitely touching on a lot of emotional and cerebral themes. I applaud Marvel Studios for putting off any violence up until now. WandaVision's been more like a non-violent creepy thriller thus far. I guess that's why Marvel Studio execs were pleasantly surprised by its success. I have been too. Because of this show I like Wanda and Vision as a couple too. But in the last couple of episodes, they don't seem to be getting along. And you can tell it's sort of bothering Wanda more than Vision for some reason. Ever since their argument in Episode 5, Wanda's personality has changed so much. She's lost a lot of her earlier energy. I really hope they explore Wanda's mental and emotional state a bit more in the last two episodes. At first I thought she was just being moody, but now that I understand it's because she's depressed, I want to know more about what's going on in her head.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I wouldn't mind WANDAVISION being a regular thing. You have an odd couple with odd children living in an odd town. And the setting doesn't have to be sit-com like. I could see Westview as the MCU's version of NORTHERN EXPOSURE, or ERIE, INDIANA, or SMALLVILLE, or some other show where, on the outside, things seem normal, but it has a "secret" that the world doesn't know about. I am surprised that the town setting isn't Salem, Massachusetts, but I guess that it would be too "on the nose".

Looking forward to a satisfying conclusion...
    Now that would be interesting. You wouldn't have too much interference from the rest of the MCU. No SWORDS and/or multiverses. Just a really weird couple trying to raise a couple of even weirder kids. I wish they could have done more of that kind of thing in WandaVision...

If they did like they did in her solo, they could have another leading role. But honestly I'll take her being anywhere rather than just disappearing.
    The thing is, I think Episode 8 will draw heavily on Robinson's work. So I'm not sure if Marvel Studios would use her solo again as source material for further adventures down the line. But yeah, I'd like to see her stick around if possible. My preference is for a leading role, but I sort of think that will be tricky because Disney is bringing in SO many new characters. I don't understand the impatience for mutants joining the MCU. Fox did like twenty years of mutant stuff. Audiences need a break from them. I guess people want different things from WandaVision. Some people want more Quicksilver, some people want more SWORD, some people want more Agatha, some people want more Monica, some people want more Billy and Tommy, some people want to see Magneto and others want to see Mephisto. For people like me I just want more Wanda and Vision. And maybe like three people want to see more credits. I hope the next two episodes can provide some answers to the questions audiences have.

The thing is, I think Episode 8 will draw heavily on Robinson's work. So I'm not sure if Marvel Studios would use her solo again as source material for further adventures down the line. But yeah, I'd like to see her stick around if possible. My preference is for a leading role, but I sort of think that will be tricky because Disney is bringing in SO many new characters. I don't understand the impatience for mutants joining the MCU. Fox did like twenty years of mutant stuff. Audiences need a break from them. I guess people want different things from WandaVision. Some people want more Quicksilver, some people want more SWORD, some people want more Agatha, some people want more Monica, some people want more Billy and Tommy, some people want to see Magneto and others want to see Mephisto. For people like me I just want more Wanda and Vision. And maybe like three people want to see more credits. I hope the next two episodes can provide some answers to the questions audiences have.
    I don't think episode 8 will make her a magic detective. I'm less interested the the magic heritage stuff because of the stereotypes.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-24-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I feel safe in predicting that if Wanda and Vision get another series it won't be called "WandaVision." It's too specific to this premise.

A lot of the other Disney+ series have titles that can support multiple seasons. But "WandaVision" and "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" are both aiming to give more development to characters who didn't have enough to do in the movies, and going forward, Wanda will be the Scarlet Witch, and the Falcon is very likely to be Captain America.

One thing I admire about Feige is that he used his first two streaming series to make stars out of characters like Wanda and Sam who had not been given all that much to do in the movies. He could have started with a breakout character like Loki or an all-new series with a bigger-name actor. But instead we're now seeing that Wanda and Vision are becoming household names, and the same may happen for Sam and Bucky.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-24-2021 at 05:40 PM.

I don't think episode 8 will make her a magic detective. I'm less interested the the magic heritage stuff because of the stereotypes.
    I agree. That probably won't happen. But his work might influence how the show describes Wanda's origins. Hopefully harmful stereotypes will be avoided.

I have to make a confession. After last night's AMAZING conversation on this thread, I watched Episode 7 again. And I have done a COMPLETE u-turn in my views on it. I think it's my favorite episode of the bunch. It was fantastic. At first, I was angered by Wanda's characterization in this episode. I thought she was acting like a lousy wife and a terrible mother. And she was engaging in really self-destructive behavior. Like not accepting sincere offers of help and denying that she had emotional problems. And I thought her hanging around the house all day and moping was certainly not commendable behavior for a superhero. But I didn't get that she was suffering from depression. I think a LOT of viewers missed that. The only hint I got was the anti-depressant ad, but I sort of overlooked it. I actually believe most audience members had NO idea she was suffering from anxiety and depression, to tell you the truth. Because many of them were more upset by the fact that the plot wasn't moving forward or were delighted with the Agatha reveal. I thought this episode did a GREAT job of tackling mental health in a realistic and non-melodramatic manner. It was very thoughtful, nuanced, sympathetic and heartfelt. I appreciate that now. I think this was actually one of WandaVision's finest moments. I DO feel sad that most people are more interested in the Agatha reveal than in the message this episode was trying to convey. That it's okay to be depressed and anxious, even for a superhero. People should be talking about THAT just as much as Agatha. Maybe people suffering from mental illness understood it better than the general audiences. But I get it now. I really REALLY hope Episode 8 talks about what happened to Wanda in the previous episode. It's very compelling and interesting on its own merits. Even if it doesn't have anything to do with Nightmare, Doctor Strange, Quicksilver, the twins or Nexuses.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-24-2021 at 05:57 PM.

So I have a COUPle of fans where I work. One is positive that the big cameo is either Stewart as Prof X

or Fassbender as Magneto.

I told him I didn't think so but he is so sure. He is 20.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I think it's more highly likely that there is a big celeb playing whomever is attached to the creepy book. Whether it be the druid tome, the necronomicon or the darkhold.