Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: It's leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I wonder: spoilers:
    might it be that Dr. Manhattan isn't responsible for the New 52, but is instead responsible for the pre-Flashpoint DCU?
    end of spoilers As of Convergence, DC seems to be trying to say that the history of the Multiverse is that you had the Infinite Earths, then the Crisis (which was terminated before it had run its course). After that, pre-Crisis Earth-One evolved into the Orrery's Prime Earth, pre-Crisis Earth-Two evolved into the Orrery's Earth 2, pre-Crisis Earth-Eight evolved into thr Orrery's Earth 16, and so on. No Paradise Dimension, no Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis, or Final Crisis. Nothing from 1985–2011 exists in this streamlined Multiversal “timeline”. spoilers:
    So what if the reveal is that the DCU from 1985–2011 was in fact a pocket reality based off of Prime Earth and created by Dr. Manhattan, and he's now trying to integrate parts of it into the “real thing”?
    end of spoilers
    As long as the only U.S. Presidents for the last 10 years are the Prime Earth versions of George W. Bush and Barack Obama, I won't complain.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Maybe the new old cosmic villain is just channeling earth prime Dan Didio.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

So DC has decided to give the finger to Alan Moore again. Wish they'd use Kaldur too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    So DC has decided to give the finger to Alan Moore again. Wish they'd use Kaldur too.
    Kaldur >>>> Jackson Hyde

Incredible Member

It's not hard guys. The Nu52 universe was the pre52 universe the whole time. Our cosmic benifactor messed around with it and caused years to be lost and altered.

Year One happened. No Mans Land happened. All of it happened, but now it's all lost in the big time retcon.

Still means that Zero Year happened too, because of what Mr.B did.

The question is will things iron themselves out to where the NU52 past are retconned away, or will they just leave it with the characters knowing there were different past for each of them.

Yeah, that tagline makes sense, actually.

They're saying "Rebirth" isn't a reboot, and New 52 never was a Rebirth, either. It was spoilers:
    Dr. Manhattan
    end of spoilers screwing up the DCU.

A true reboot doesn't have an in-story reason; it just wipes away everything old and starts all over again.

So yeah, it's not a reboot now, and it wasn't before. It was all one big story. At least, that's what we're saying *now*...
    JackTango
    Make something up! State it firmly, even arrogantly! - The John Agar Code of Adventuring Scientists

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    It's not hard guys. The Nu52 universe was the pre52 universe the whole time. Our cosmic benifactor messed around with it and caused years to be lost and altered.

Year One happened. No Mans Land happened. All of it happened, but now it's all lost in the big time retcon.

Still means that Zero Year happened too, because of what Mr.B did.

The question is will things iron themselves out to where the NU52 past are retconned away, or will they just leave it with the characters knowing there were different past for each of them.
    I'm wondering if they will address this - that if every single person on Earth realized they had lost years, there would be chaos and panic. So either this gets limited to the super-heroes somehow, or they just gloss over the effects on the rest of the world.

As for your last question, I suspect it will largely be the latter - for example, Green Arrow and Black Canary will know they used to have a past together, and that's what will lead to them getting together now.

Incredible Member

So my thoughts and questions:

At least Wally knows he's younger but used to be older... He ran to Linda after all. So I'm at least happy he's aware of it all instead of thinking he was always that young.

But about the 3 jokers if one is the killing joke one does that basically Johns saying to batgirl writers "sorry killing joke did happen you can't pretend it didn't" because now I'm confused with the whole batgirl issue trying to imply it didn't happen yet now we know killing joke joker is in fact one of the 3 jokers.

The whole the pre 52 is just the new 52 but 10 years was stolen can be made to work until.... You bring in super dad with a wife and child. They have to explain that now because he was always introduced and slated as pre 52 supes. Parallax Hal works because they can say he's from the time Hal was parralax. But the super dad but down at make sense and I'm curious if they'll even try to explain that bit

But.... Where's my plastic man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    So my thoughts and questions:

At least Wally knows he's younger but used to be older... He ran to Linda after all. So I'm at least happy he's aware of it all instead of thinking he was always that young.

But about the 3 jokers if one is the killing joke one does that basically Johns saying to batgirl writers "sorry killing joke did happen you can't pretend it didn't" because now I'm confused with the whole batgirl issue trying to imply it didn't happen yet now we know killing joke joker is in fact one of the 3 jokers.

The whole the pre 52 is just the new 52 but 10 years was stolen can be made to work until.... You bring in super dad with a wife and child. They have to explain that now because he was always introduced and slated as pre 52 supes. Parallax Hal works because they can say he's from the time Hal was parralax. But the super dad but down at make sense and I'm curious if they'll even try to explain that bit

But.... Where's my plastic man
    I think the "no killing joke" thing was left sufficiently vague that it could go either way.

BANNED

When DC brought back Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, people complained for years about how they did it. But really there was no good way to do it, because Ron Marz had done as he was ordered and tried to flush them in a way that they couldn't be retrieved from the septic tank.

The same thing applies here. This change was made with an assumption that it would be permanent. So there isn't any good way to undo it.

If you wanted it undone, don't complain about how they accomplish that. Just be glad that you got what you wanted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    When DC brought back Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, people complained for years about how they did it. But really there was no good way to do it, because Ron Marz had done as he was ordered and tried to flush them in a way that they couldn't be retrieved from the septic tank.

The same thing applies here. This change was made with an assumption that it would be permanent. So there isn't any good way to undo it.

If you wanted it undone, don't complain about how they accomplish that. Just be glad that you got what you wanted.
    Cue all the people saying "just say it's a parallel Earth and then switch to the other one".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Cue all the people saying "just say it's a parallel Earth and then switch to the other one".
    I think it was one of Geoff's mind-controlling entities myself.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I'm wondering if they will address this - that if every single person on Earth realized they had lost years, there would be chaos and panic. So either this gets limited to the super-heroes somehow, or they just gloss over the effects on the rest of the world.

As for your last question, I suspect it will largely be the latter - for example, Green Arrow and Black Canary will know they used to have a past together, and that's what will lead to them getting together now.
    Its a mess and will need another zero hour tier bandaid to fix all the issues.
    DC instead of rebooting everything should have just done a simple superboy retcon punch. This fix compounds many more issues with characters who haven't been ruined by the new 52

Ok, I'm confused. How does forgetting 10 years make Bruce younger? He was in his early 40s pre Nu52 but is 30 now, but characters like Tim got aged down about 2 years and Dick around 6ish.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Ok, I'm confused. How does forgetting 10 years make Bruce younger? He was in his early 40s pre Nu52 but is 30 now, but characters like Tim got aged down about 2 years and Dick around 6ish.
    Because Dr. Manhattan willed it to be so