Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The other user was just pointing out that certain posters just nitpick elements of the stories to push their subjective opinions.
    So we've gone from an extradimensional alien and some evil mystic ninja forced Betsy Braddock to be a Japanese woman to Betsy grand theft bodied a Japanese woman? C'mon, man.
    No, she was always dropped in an Asian body and saddled with a slew of stereotypes by a white man and kept there by other white men. That’s the truth and using toxic terminology won’t change that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    No, she was always dropped in an Asian body and saddled with a slew of stereotypes by a white man and kept there by other white men. That’s the truth and using toxic terminology won’t change that.
    That was bad decisions. Like Fraction had the chance of having her on OG bofy and then wanted asian to get some diversity, but not much diversity

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    If you really think about it, that body swap would be a horror story for Kwannon. Let's be real, Betsy broke that thing in like a leather saddle. If I came back to life and learned someone had spent years walking around in my skin, wiping my ass, having sex, getting into fights, pretending to be a ninja, I'd have a psychotic break. I don't even want a slice of cheese if someone else touches it first.
    it really scrw up any consent issue possible. Poor knwannon
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-01-2019 at 03:44 PM.

BANNED

Betsy had had a couple opportunities to switch back to her original body and didnt take them. Not to mention she vocally expressed her contentment with the asian body initially. She didnt initiate the body swap but she ripped the benefits from it. Even on meta level it helped her achieve a level of success she didnt have in her original body. Shes a victim for sur but she also had it better then Kwannon hence the (white) guilt.

What is it with so-called fans using SJW as a pejorative? You’ve clearly misunderstood the material if you can’t see the X-Men are literally warriors fighting for social justice and that their metaphor is steeped in the narratives of racial minorities among others. Get a grip indeed.
    Isn't that obvious? A bunch of people who took a normal discussion over say, civil rights to it's illogical extremes preventing any productive discussion that could had. I fully understand that the premise of the X-Men is tackling racial injustice, however I fail to see how that extends to Bstsy suffering from 'White Guilt'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We'll have to see what they do with it. Tini has mentioned we'll be exploring "Betsy Braddock is Captain Britain, but a citizen of Krakoa". Also, "Captain Britain must face the truth about her brother and choose her path forward as MI-13 and the agents of the crown become aware of her ascension."
    Should be interesting! Plus we're getting some future scenes at the lighthouse.

And not in response to anyone in particular but I find the diversity nice in this book. Jubes is Asian, Rictor is Mexican, . ..[A}.. . is Egyptian, Betsy and Jamie are British, Trinary is Indian, and Gambit and Rogue are from the south U.S., although really all of them are Krakoan now. ;D
    Oh and I'm not sure what Egg's background is.
    Yeah I realise we're still on the first issue, but being the first issue they generally set up the direction that the title will head in. Also I get she's got the name and a fancy suit, but who from Otherworld, Captain Britain Corp or MI:13 will follow her? It would be super weird if any of the character did from a story point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Like half of this issue was either set in Otherworld or at the Braddock Academy, we've already had a lot of focus on Brian Braddock and Morgan Le Fay, and introduced the Coven Akkaba
    Yeah that's the set up, introduce all of the players, locations and motives.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Betsy had had a couple opportunities to switch back to her original body and didnt take them. Not to mention she vocally expressed her contentment with the asian body initially. She didnt initiate the body swap but she ripped the benefits from it. Even on meta level it helped her achieve a level of success she didnt have in her original body. Shes a victim for sur but she also had it better then Kwannon hence the (white) guilt.
    What stereotypes and benefits?
    Drinking tea? Using katanas?
    Having a big ass?
    That's all you got?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I think one thing that should be brought up is that each time she had an option to have her "original" body it was provided by villains.

In Uncanny X-Force her brother Jamie who was actually the bad guy of the arc offered it.

The next run was Cassandra Nova.

She didn't want it from them. And at that point she had already gone through her body being destroyed in her mini and moving past it.

Incredible Member

You can indeed feel guilty without being the one to blame. I feel guilty living in a racist society and structural racism is a slavery era legacy, not an actual wish or creation of my own. In Kwannon’s body Betsy fulfilled her ultimate desires from the most legist (being a fighting force) to her kinkiest (being a killing machine. A free sex spirit.) I would be completely devastated to come back to life and see someone was making his own decisions toward my body, but also if I were the one who freely made decisions toward someone else’s body and suddenly the former owner of the body was there in front of me to judge my decisions, I would feel terribly awkward as well.

Did kwannon agree with betsy’s diets for her body, exercise routine, sexual relations, substances intake?

Betsy killed kwannon’s lover using her own hands. Betsy killed an innocent security guard in louvre. Assisted in the murder of a kid.

With kwannon’s face Betsy rose as international super hero, making revengeful and powerful enemies.

So even if it was not her fault. She has enough things in her head to drive her guilty
    Last edited by crimsontt; 11-02-2019 at 06:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I think one thing that should be brought up is that each time she had an option to have her "original" body it was provided by villains.

In Uncanny X-Force her brother Jamie who was actually the bad guy of the arc offered it.

The next run was Cassandra Nova.

She didn't want it from them. And at that point she had already gone through her body being destroyed in her mini and moving past it.
    Jamie was a good guy in UXF, his future self was the enemy.

Having a big ass?
    That's all you got?
    She was basically wearing yellowface. Theres plenty of places online where u can find explanations on why thats harmful but it should be evident anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    OG Excalibur, set in the UK, featured UK characters and expanded the X-Verse outside of NYC. Can you say the same about the new one?
    Yeah some parts were in the UK...Had UK Characters and outside of NYC.They were at Braddock Academy a good chunk of the time, featured Betsy a UK character and not once were they in NYC That's everything on your list!

Again another simple comparison.
    Simple doesn't mean inaccurate tho
    OG team had a healthy mixed made better that is wasn't based in the US and thus had a different feel.
    Had a healthy mix of what tho?

Also what is it with SJW X-Fans making a fictional story about gifted people caught up in fantastical situations into a race issue? Get a grip!
    SJW X-Fans? That's like a doubBle negative.

What is it with so-called fans using SJW as a pejorative? You’ve clearly misunderstood the material if you can’t see the X-Men are literally warriors fighting for social justice and that their metaphor is steeped in the narratives of racial minorities among others. Get a grip indeed.
    YAAASSS!

What was the social justice issue when Claremont made them fight the Brood?
    Down with absolute monarchies!!

Isn't that obvious? A bunch of people who took a normal discussion over say, civil rights to it's illogical extremes preventing any productive discussion that could had. I fully understand that the premise of the X-Men is tackling racial injustice, however I fail to see how that extends to Bstsy suffering from 'White Guilt'.
    I meeeean it seems very logical to a lotta posters Because you can't make that leap doesn't negate their read of the situation.

Also I get she's got the name and a fancy suit, but who from Otherworld, Captain Britain Corp or MI:13 will follow her? It would be super weird if any of the character did from a story point of view.
    Why wouldn't they?

Having a big ass?
    That's all you got?
    How many do you need?? She seemed to be playing out a childhood fantasy of hers. Like I get she's stuck in a Japanese lady's body but wearing Kimonos, while performing a bastardized Tea service is suspect AF. this Summer I was in London at The same time an acquaintance was getting married there got invited Went out the night before &His best man( who I was better friends with) touted around a strong British accent when we all want out the night before he had been there a week longer than I had... It was quite hilarious till it just became embarrassing
    GrindrStone(D)

Jim Lee, the artist for the original story in question, is not a white man.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Mighty Member

Why was Jamie revived?

I'm pretty sure Black Widow didn't kill him. And he was busy trafficking children last time he was around.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Why was Jamie revived?

I'm pretty sure Black Widow didn't kill him. And he was busy trafficking children last time he was around.
    Reality Check
    GrindrStone(D)

Why was he even in a book with Black Widow? Also why would he be trafficking kids. Who wrote this?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Why was he even in a book with Black Widow? Also why would he be trafficking kids. Who wrote this?
    I'm pretty sure that Jamie was a human tracficker since the Captain Britain days. Unless than that has been somehow retconed i doubt that he would be about doing that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Having a big ass?
    That's all you got?
    benefits as in being a popular fighting game character, for years she was a better fighting game character than comic book character

this is the most popular version of Psylocke