Page 316 of 357 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 5343

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    The action sequences look great, especially Gambit's poses...and the colours pop in those outer space scenes.
    Maybe Gambit's hair could be a little longer, but that's just me being fussy.
    Too bad I'm going to be on a 26 hr flight come July 25.
    You can buy overpriced internet access on the planes, and get a digital copy.

I was thinking about getting a digital subscription for the ongoing and picking up physical copies from my local store. However I noticed in the X-men Gold #30 I picked up there is a code for a digital copy. Is Marvel providing a digital code in all their comics now?

It would save me money but still let Marvel know there is interest in the book vs the numbers of copies bought by stores that end up going into the store's back issues bins/boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I was thinking about getting a digital subscription for the ongoing and picking up physical copies from my local store. However I noticed in the X-men Gold #30 I picked up there is a code for a digital copy. Is Marvel providing a digital code in all their comics now?

It would save me money but still let Marvel know there is interest in the book vs the numbers of copies bought by stores that end up going into the store's back issues bins/boxes.
    I realized that they do provide a digital content code inside the book. Which is super awesome because nothing will make me stop buying the physical comics (I still buy cd’s for nostalgia but rip/DL the songs). I discovered they’ve been doing this in Astonishing X-Men as well as the R&G mini. It’s funny because I was opposed to digital comics before I redeemed the code and then I realized how cool they look on the app. Plus I don’t have to lug around the comic books (risk damaging them) if I want to read them.

I don’t see why MMX will be different. I created a pull list for MMX and will aim to buy a signed Variant from KT.
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 07-10-2018 at 06:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

I thought Marvel had phased out their digital code program, but I guess they have just cut it back to certain books (see: https://marvel.com/help/category/25/topic/97).

I was also going to get a physical and a digital, in order to support the book and also be able to read it before my comic book store opened, because that is how sad a person I am.

I was also going to get a physical and a digital, in order to support the book and also be able to read it before my comic book store opened, because that is how sad* a person I am.
    awesome* - you misspelled a word.

Wow, well it does seem that it’s selective books. All R&G had them and at least the first 3 issues of AXM - I’ve only read the rest from the Marvel unlimited app however that app doesn’t have the most recent issues.... or R&G. Just a big ol’ library of older stuff.
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

I thought Marvel had phased out their digital code program, but I guess they have just cut it back to certain books (see: https://marvel.com/help/category/25/topic/97).

I was also going to get a physical and a digital, in order to support the book and also be able to read it before my comic book store opened, because that is how sad a person I am.
    LOL Not sad at all! I am all about digital these days. It's reliable and convenient and I'm impatient, plus no worry about storage. I get physical copies or TPB of whatever I want to collect also.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    LOL Not sad at all! I am all about digital these days. It's reliable and convenient and I'm impatient, plus no worry about storage. I get physical copies or TPB of whatever I want to collect also.
    Hmm..I forgot about TPBs. May go with a digital subscription and pick up the variant covers I like, while waiting for the story arcs to be released in TPBs.

Kelly Thompson AMA is on right now!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...rvels_hawkeye/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like this answer

I think there's sometimes a tendency - especially with "modern Rogue" as she's become more of a leader - to make her sort of boring and stick in the mud. Super responsible ALL THE TIME. And I don't want her to be irresponsible or not a leader (I like to see character grow) but I do think sometimes her sassiness and her brash aspects get filed off sometimes...and I love those things about her. And I think Gambit brings those things out in her. He makes her playful...if only so she can try to keep up with him. Some might want to write her as the nag to his devil may care, but I think it's the opposite. I think hanging out with Remy gives her a chance to cut loose and push on her boundaries.

For Remy, I think Rogue anchors him really well. Sometimes, without that anchor he can seem too flighty, too irresponsible, too emotionally detached...but I don't think he's any of those things. I think he's an extremely deep character who has developed some "ticks" that help protect him in any situation (jokes, charisma, flirting) - but Rogue cuts right through all of that for him. He can't even pretend not to care. He cares SO MUCH. And it's a great look on him. Yes, it can get too lovesick or too focused on Rogue (instead of himself) if handled wrong, but in general I think caring and putting others above himself is actually a big part of who he is.
    Thoghts about it?.

Gambit seeks redemption because of the MM not because of Rogue. Rogue wasn't around when he rescued lil Storm nor was she the reason he joined the X-men. Part of what rankles me about the whole Romy thing is it casts Rogue as Gambit's reason for being with the X-men or for wanting to be a better person when it couldn't be further from the truth. He puts others above himself because he knows first hand the tragedy that can occur when he only selfishly thinks about himself.

I think Rogue is just the measure by which Gambit assesses whether he is a good person. If he can win her love then for him it validates his ultimate goodness. However, I think he has long since atoned for his crimes but Rogue's indecisiveness leads him to continue to be in a perpetual state of feeling unworthy. Of course, I think Rogue's indecisiveness is in part the result of Gambit's own self loathing leading to him keeping secrets that make Rogue trusting him difficult. Hence why I think they are terrible for each other.

Rogue needs someone that can be completely open to her and Gambit needs someone who trusts him 100%. I was waiting during their vows for Rogue to simply respond to Gambit by saying, he will always be worthy of her but alas I don't know that she honestly feels that way as currently written.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-10-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Personally, I think creators have been pretty good about using Rogue's unpredictable nature in her leadership style. It kinda blew up in her face in Supernovas but paid off big time in Uncanny Avengers. I think Gage's Legacy was the too perfect "bore". As long as Rogue is unpredictable and fiery, I got no worries about her as leader. I definitely do not want her to regress ala Remender in UA volume 1.

Hmm..I forgot about TPBs. May go with a digital subscription and pick up the variant covers I like, while waiting for the story arcs to be released in TPBs.
    Found the TPB on the shelf today - last copy! There are several variant covers included. My single issues are already getting a bit worn from handling.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I like this answer

Thoghts about it?.
    That was my ask! : D

Of course I thought of better ones later.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I like this answer

Thoghts about it?.
    That is the one that stuck out from the entire AMA. Best answer ever and describes the two perfectly. I can't wait for more.

Extermination thread . . . Mystery kiddos are speaking French! Ummm. . ..