Page 447 of 655 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I think having folks like Apocalypse and Sinister qualify as some sort of "smoke" to a fire that there's some wrong doing going on - that we're not aware of. Neither of them are historically known for being class acts. More like ass acts, amirite?
    If you are going to point to one person who isn't even on Earth anymore and Sinister as some sort of an indicator that drug mules and serial rapists are using Krakoan gates to commit those crimes?

I'm going to need you to give me a seriously detailed connection from the former to the latter.

Otherwise?

It's almost impossible to even entertain such a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    My point is...do they have that sort of information on who..and what...is coming in and out of the gates.

Everything on the pages when it comes to Black Tom points to that is the minimum that they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Human nature is human nature...and a mutant is just a human with the x-gene. They have the same emotions, drives, motivations and psychological make up as humans. A drug smuggler who is in it as much for the thrill as the money is not going to go to Krakoa and think "you know what...I am just gonna give it all up and live here". Same with a serial rapist who gets his thrill from his power over his victims. They will keep doing what it til they get caught or killed.
    As for this...

I'm not seeing anything that leads me to believe that those two instances are going to suddenly totally and completely take leave of their senses, and say "Yeah... Making an enemy of a country that answers to no one and has a Wolverine is something I am doing today..."

The more you think it through?

The less sense the whole thing makes.

Ok here is mine: If the children of the vault are supposed to represent an early example of “homo novissima” I’m totally unimpressed
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are going to point to one person who isn't even on Earth anymore and Sinister as some sort of an indicator that drug mules and serial rapists are using Krakoan gates to commit those crimes?
    I'm going to need you to give me a seriously detailed connection from the former to the latter.
    Otherwise?
    It's almost impossible to even entertain such a connection.
    Well, I am not saying Sinister or Apocalypse are drug runners or rapists (someone else was arguing the drug running/rapist theory) - I am saying - historically - neither of them have ever been remotely good - even at the slightest bit.

It's like having Charles Manson, Ted Bundey, and Richard Ramirez at the dinner table and saying, "Well, they've not really killed anyone.... in awhile... so that should be all right... um, right?"

Others, as I said - I can see turning a leaf - Pyro, Mystique, etc., - but Apocalypse and Sinister? Naw, dawg. They're always going to be evil. There's no redeeming value to them. So if they're there - I definitely feel like there's some wrong doings going on.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Well, I am not saying Sinister or Apocalypse are drug runners or rapists (someone else was arguing the drug running/rapist theory) - I am saying - historically - neither of them have ever been remotely good - even at the slightest bit.

It's like having Charles Manson, Ted Bundey, and Richard Ramirez at the dinner table and saying, "Well, they've not really killed anyone.... in awhile... so that should be all right... um, right?"

Others, as I said - I can see turning a leaf - Pyro, Mystique, etc., - but Apocalypse and Sinister? Naw, dawg. They're always going to be evil. There's no redeeming value to them. So if they're there - I definitely feel like there's some wrong doings going on.
    That is almost the exact opposite of a "Seriously Detailed..." connection between those two and this activity that is most likely not even happening in the first place.

It's almost nothing.

As for Apocalypse...

Leaf has done been turned over.

On the pages of the books on the stands.

That is almost the exact opposite of a "Seriously Detailed..." connection between those two and this activity that is most likely not even happening in the first place.

It's almost nothing.
    Hold up - so Apocalypse - whose been around for THOUSANDS of years - doing the whole "Kill the weak, only the strong survive" - for thousands of years - is "the exact opposite of 'Seriously detailed'"... because.... I am not sure what more you could want for details.

Same as Sinister. Not around for thousands of years - but led the Marauders to SLAUGHTER an entire colony of mutants known as the Morlocks.

Both of them are mass murderers.

Hold up - so Apocalypse - whose been around for THOUSANDS of years - doing the whole "Kill the weak, only the strong survive" - for thousands of years - is "the exact opposite of 'Seriously detailed'"... because.... I am not sure what more you could want for details.

Same as Sinister. Not around for thousands of years - but led the Marauders to SLAUGHTER an entire colony of mutants known as the Morlocks.

Both of them are mass murderers.
    How does any of that prove(or, actually, even remotely indicate...) the existence of drug mules of rapists using Krakoan gates?

Again, that post is the exact opposite of anything like a "Seriously Detailed..." connection between the two of them and the existence of this other crime that most likely does not exist.

All it amounts to is a handful of details about two people on Krakoa.

How does any of that prove(or, actually, even remotely indicate...) the existence of drug mules of rapists using Krakoan gates?
    Again, that post is the exact opposite of anything like a "Seriously Detailed..." connection between the two of them and the existence of this other crime that most likely does not exist.
    Are you not reading my posts correctly?
    As I said over here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5403644

I am not the one saying there's drug runners or rapists - that was someone else.

What I am saying is with people like Apocalypse and/or Sinister - who have a history of being mass murderers (or leading a charge of mass murders - such as Apocalypse's Horsemen or Sinister's Marauders) - that there's probably something shady going on (which has, again nothing to do with drug running or rapists - only that people like those two are always evil - always doing things to suit their needs - and have no redeeming value of ever being heroic - and if ever written as such - would be drastically out of character.

As for Apocalypse...

Leaf has done been turned over.

On the pages of the books on the stands.
    He still is a mass murderer and commited murder hile on krakoa and because of him rockslide is dead.

Extraordinary Member

I never said it was happening...I posited a hypothetical of how would Krakoa react to it happening. If there was an international manhunt for an unknown mutant who committed serious crimes would Krakoa try to protect him from "human justice"? Would they help bring him in?? Would they wash their hands of it and make a public statement condemning the criminal???

Now...as you said...it has not appeared on page...and that is most likely that the writers don't want to tell that story because it takes away from the whole "mutants have a homeland now and cannot be persecuted by the inferior humans". And I think that is a shame as it makes for an interesting story (to me at least). As I said above...a mutant is just a human with an X-Gene...and if a mutant was breaking the law before Krakoa they are not necessarily going to say "wow...I have a homeland now...I can be good, clean and wholesome forever and ever".
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-28-2021 at 06:17 AM.

A few others
    The over vilification of Prfoessor X not a fan of it I don't want a Saint or expect it but I would like the for the founder to be at his core a decent person I just feel they the push the grey boundary to far to the point of villainy and it doesn't work for me personally.
    Not a fan of Schism and AvX era/Cyclops is right Scott Summers......I feel in the claremont era they did a good job of giving cyke an edge without what I feel has been in certain respects character assassination in the later years something im not sure his character his truly recovered from.
    Emma Frost as an X-Man im still mixed on this sometimes I like it sometimes I don't but I feel she was one of the better female antagonist of the xmen and to kind of lose that I dunno....

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    The over vilification of Prfoessor X not a fan of it I don't want a Saint or expect it but I would like the for the founder to be at his core a decent person I just feel they the push the grey boundary to far to the point of villainy and it doesn't work for me personally.
    Well, for me, in this run, only the “villains” are in-character: pompous, cynical, selfish… They are the only ones I recognize from the bygone days.

So, it would be pity they don’t behave anymore like they did…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Ok here is mine: If the children of the vault are supposed to represent an early example of “homo novissima” I’m totally unimpressed
    Yeah, I'm there too. The Children of the Vault are just the latest Neo. Boring wannabe successors to mutant-kind, who have crap all to show for it. And like Fantomex, who can't possibly appear without the story having something to do with 'The World' (about which nobody seems to care, at all), their stories tend to involve this 'Vault' which, unlike Krakoa or Genosha or the Savage Land, is super-boring.

Ooh, they have a city! BFD, we've got, like, *hundreds* of them. Not really that exciting to anyone whose people have gotten past 'hunter-gatherer' and like, discovered indoor plumbing.