Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Asrar left too? Oh god, i loved that guy's art! Why did he leave?
    he talked about it, I think Marvel did a better offer. I realy don't remember, but he is doing a x-men book now. with editor Marts on marvel there is many DC artists/writers there. after Capullo run at Batman, better for DC give him a big book. I don't doubt Marvel offering something big for Nicola in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    You really need to learn how to not project your own preferences bias's onto other people and speak for them. She's a professional, there's absolutely nothing to suggest she'd stomp her foot and say "UH-UH, that's icky". She's a fan as well as an artist, and as a fan she has her preferences. Doesn't necessarily mean she'd refuse all work based on a direction she wasn't personally crazy about. For example she said her ideal Superman is the boy scout, yet lo and behold she drew the New 52 version as a fill-in during Perez's run.
    I'm not projecting, for what I know she is a huge clois and WW fan. do you think DC didn't offered her SMWW? of cours they had. WW is in it and the artists are on other books. She want big things like it was Earth 2, not bad YA rip offs
    Last edited by Blacksun; 08-09-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Thank you for the information Blacksun!

BANNED

Thank you for the information Blacksun!
    there is so much people that left that is hard to keep up

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

I'm not projecting, for what I know she is a huge clois and WW fan. do you think DC didn't offered her SMWW? of cours they had. WW is in it and the artists are on other books. She want big things like it was Earth 2, not bad YA rip offs
    Yes, you are. You're assuming that she'd base accepting or rejecting a project offer on whether or not she loves every single thing the new continuity has done with said character(s). I already proved that wrong. Your logic is simple and transparent. You like Nicola Scott. You have a rampant unhealthy hatred of the Superman and Wonder Woman relationship. So you have to pretend she hates it as much as you do to the point that she'd scoff at ever working on their title. And if that helps you sleep at night, cool, just don't bring it to a discussion and act like it means anything. And you don't know whether they offered her SM/WW or not. Why do you insist on pretending to know things you have no way of knowing?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-09-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Asrar left too? Oh god, i loved that guy's art! Why did he leave?
    Asrar helped relaunch the Wolverine & the X-Men book and then moved over to All New X-Men when Immonen left for the new Capt. America series.

BANNED

Yes, you are. You're assuming that she'd base accepting or rejecting a project offer on whether or not she loves every single thing the new continuity has done with said character(s). I already proved that wrong. Your logic is simple and transparent. You like Nicola Scott. You have a rampant unhealthy hatred of the Superman and Wonder Woman relationship. So you have to pretend she hates it as much as you do to the point that she'd scoff at ever working on their title. And if that helps you sleep at night, cool, just don't bring it to a discussion and act like it means anything. And you don't know whether they offered her SM/WW or not. Why do you insist on pretending to know things you have no way of knowing?
    Just connecting the obvious dots. IDK why people get in denial when the facts are so obvious

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Asrar helped relaunch the Wolverine & the X-Men book and then moved over to All New X-Men when Immonen left for the new Capt. America series.
    He gets to draw a more popular, better selling title and probably a better paycheck too. Good for him. He deserves it. Meanwhile at DC they mostly have Jim Lee copycat artists and Lobdell writing ten books. Oh yeah and this woman who co-wrote this one comic book is writing Wonder Woman.

Jesus Christ they're running it to the freaking ground.

Just connecting the obvious dots. IDK why people get in denial when the facts are so obvious
    Obvious? There isn't even the slightest bit of information to draw an educated guess nor speculation on in regards to her business dealings with DC, and you're trying to claim you're going by what's obvious? There are no dots to connect. You have nothing. We as fans haven't the slightest clue of what goes on between DC and its creators unless rumors leak online, be it by sites like BC or messages by the creators themselves. And there isn't even something like that. The only one in denial is you by continuing to pretend to know things you don't, and trying to speak for people you don't know.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-09-2014 at 11:20 PM.

BANNED

Obvious? There isn't even the slightest bit of information to draw an educated guess nor speculation on in regards to her business dealings with DC, and you're trying to claim you're going by what's obvious? There are no dots to connect. You have nothing. We as fans haven't the slightest clue of what goes on between DC and its creators unless rumors leak online, be it by sites like BC or messages by the creators themselves. And there isn't even something like that. The only one in denial is you by continuing to pretend to know things you don't, and trying to speak for people you don't know.
    It's pretty clear Nicola is old school, and clearly she would never do the SMWW book. Her interview just confirmed that to me. Anyway she wouldn't do a book that the main premise is romance. I got to know why diggle got out of superman books, he wanted to do lois and clark. there's lots of info circulating in cons, you just need to know the right people to get that

He gets to draw a more popular, better selling title and probably a better paycheck too. Good for him. He deserves it. Meanwhile at DC they mostly have Jim Lee copycat artists and Lobdell writing ten books. Oh yeah and this woman who co-wrote this one comic book is writing Wonder Woman.

Jesus Christ they're running it to the freaking ground.
    Imagine how it feel for Nicola, she never get the chance to get a really good shoot at WW, but a far worse penciller and a really new writer get it. Even the guy in my city that sell comics at streets have more credits on his name...
    DC has 99 problems, 98 are editorial and 1 is marvel
    They lost too many writers and artists, many won't come back
    Last edited by Blacksun; 08-10-2014 at 09:24 AM.

It's pretty clear Nicola is old school
    This much looks to be true, at least in regards to her preferences on the trinity characters.

and clearly she would never do the SMWW book
    And this is completely unsubstantiated and where everything you say falls apart. Unless you have any sort of source or evidence whatsoever that you're willing to provide. Until then, you can't just say you're connecting obvious dots when there are no dots provided.

I got to know why diggle got out of superman books, he wanted to do lois and clark. there's lots of info circulating in cons, you just need to know the right people to get that
    We're talking about Ms. Scott, not Mr. Diggle, but again, provide a source. Provide something. I'm not so gullible that I just take "I know people at conventions" at face value. Thousands of people attend conventions and get to know people. That doesn't necessarily make them all privy to inside information.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.

BANNED

People doesn't have reasons to lie about anything at cons, I got some 3rd way info. Many creators talk more when are with fans without any mic or camera near them. On the case of Diggle it was pretty obvious from his first issues that he plotted on Action.

one info contradict another, why a old school fan do a smww book? why her that loved doing earth 2 because she was toying with Boys toys do a romance book? doesn't make any sense.

I've already pointed out the flaw in that argument. If you know for a fact she'd turn down any work based on whether its old school or not, then she wouldn't have been the fill-in artists for Perez's Superman run. As for the rest, all I know is that there are people who actually do have proven sources, like Rich Johnson at BC, who reported Diggle's arrival and early departure way before they were officially announced, and he never mentioned anything about not being able to do the romance as the reason why he left. Maybe it played a part. Maybe it didn't. But I'm not going to put my full faith in second hand information from unreliable places, sorry (and no, just because it came from a convention doesn't make it reliable, unless it was an actual creator who told you first hand). And I'm not sure why you would expect anyone else to either and label them as delusional just for being rightfully skeptical of blanket statements you can't back up.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-10-2014 at 04:57 PM.

BANNED

I've already pointed out the flaw in that argument. If you know for a fact she'd turn down any work based on whether its old school or not, then she wouldn't have been the fill-in artists for Perez's Superman run. As for the rest, all I know is that there are people who actually do have proven sources, like Rich Johnson at BC, who reported Diggle's arrival and early departure way before they were officially announced, and he never mentioned anything about not being able to do the romance as the reason why he left. Maybe it played a part. Maybe it didn't. But I'm not going to put my full faith in second hand information from unreliable places, sorry (and no, just because it came from a convention doesn't make it reliable, unless it was an actual creator who told you first hand). And I'm not sure why you would expect anyone else to either and label them as delusional just for being rightfully skeptical of blanket statements you can't back up.
    why wouldn't she draw for George perez? guy is a myth, she probably is a big fan of his. But I think she did issues of Morrison Action Comics too. Another big writer. James Robinson a big name, irregular writer.

Again I or no one has reasons to lie about Diggle. he never said anything official and rich johnston is far away from knowing or talking about everything going around in comics. If you don't want to believe ok so. I find really hard to believe it has nothing to do with clois.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

DC lost mahmud asrar,JH williams, andrea sorrentino, kevin mcguire, even jeff lemire is leaving DC. damn when you have that good artist and writers you let them write what they want. Do a mini, a graphic novel, digital first. You don't lose all that talent in so short time.
    Wait, he is? I thought he was doing the Teen Titans Earth One graphic novels?
    Damn, if true, I was really looking forward to that. The Titans have been a complete wasteland since the New 52 started.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wait, he is? I thought he was doing the Teen Titans Earth One graphic novels?
    Damn, if true, I was really looking forward to that. The Titans have been a complete wasteland since the New 52 started.
    he still working on the Earth One, but JL United he said he is unsure if he will keep going that.