Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Did you read Disassembled? He knew she was spiralling, from now what we know from the Life Force, and did nothing because she didn't call him first! Forgetting that she did the spell to resurrect those mutants, not make them zombies. Did you read World War Hulk or Hickman's Avengers? Stephen has no moral high ground here. Zom is a universe destroying monster and Srange made a deal with him, more than once!
    I did read it, he couldn't detect any outside influence exerted on her. So detecting the life force was beyond his power.

I also read Children's Crusade that showed Wanda actively seeking the life force, out of her own choice. And she made sure Strange didn't know.

And my post was in regards to this incident. Strange didn't tell her to ressurect the dead as zombies.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Praying that Mama finds out about Wanda's screw up so she can slap her the next time they cross paths
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I think Emma's probably one of the few mainstays during the Decimation era to try and help Wanda understand what actually happened.

I don't know if she would give a nuanced view on it or just be angry.

But I'd like to see her take Wanda through a mental walkthrough of what happened. And then be like don't look for forgiveness just accept your role and do better.

If Lorna doesn't appear in this issue, Marvel Comics will no longer be able to pretend they care about the character

I don't know much about Wanda so I find this conversation fascinating.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I did read it, he couldn't detect any outside influence exerted on her. So detecting the life force was beyond his power.

I also read Children's Crusade that showed Wanda actively seeking the life force, out of her own choice. And she made sure Strange didn't know.

And my post was in regards to this incident. Strange didn't tell her to ressurect the dead as zombies.
    Disassembled failed Doctor Strange so badly and made him look dumb versus his years of experience. He should have been able to detect the abuse of magic far earlier. Because she used her abilities to tap into the life force. It also had him state that chaos magic was not a thing. Even though he had just used it a few years before in his own book.

That's the problem with retcons like that to force plot. It made even the Sorcerer Supreme out to be an amateur and a fool.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

I’d point out that while he gave Strange feats, Hickman’s run was not necessarily known for putting Strange in a great light, seeing how it turned out he was an idiot who’d bartered his soul away without noticing

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’d point out that while he gave Strange feats, Hickman’s run was not necessarily known for putting Strange in a great light, seeing how it turned out he was an idiot who’d bartered his soul away without noticing
    This is very true. It felt like Hickman wanted to take Strange out of the equation because he's so powerful.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This event tie-in is a shoe-horned failure and is as irrelevant and poorly constructed as F4/XM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

He knew everything about her life and when she started falling apart. Down to the second. He knew something was wrong, and didn't do anything - it wasn't until after things stopped blowing up that he appeared to give a lecture about Wanda's life story.

Dr. Strange has done the same thing numerous times in his life of his own choice. Do you know who Zom is?

No, he was just a hypocritical douche who felt more like insulting her than listening or helping her.

I really don't like how when Dr. Strange does an identical problematic thing its not even acknowledged as being bad. It's not acknowledged, period.

BANNED

So why do we think Magik got possessed but not wanda herself? She was in proximity and unconscious before she dipped

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This is on the verge of becoming a meme.

You said the others were right to tell him to knock it off. He was killed by Wanda, that's a traumatic experience and if you were to face your killer I doubt you wouldn't be driven by your emotions.

You misdirecting about Scott or any other villain doesn't change the fact that Wanda is still going around making huge messes like M'Day (should I remind you again that she went to Doom herself? She did the same thing that she did here in Empyre, essentially).
    It'll stop when you stop doing it. Now we're onto the gaslighting.

Context. What Wanda does does not stop being hypocritical when other people ruin lives, like Scott and Selene, redirecting the fox so it won't come off as hypocrisy. And completely ignore why she does things, like trying to fix her mistakes which is the work thing an Avenger can do. But doing something this to become evil goddess, like Selene? That's forgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    So why do we think Magik got possessed but not wanda herself? She was in proximity and unconscious before she dipped
    Magik has the Darkchylde persona, it makes her more vulnerable to corruption.

Wanda for all of her troubles is just herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Magik has the Darkchylde persona, it makes her more vulnerable to corruption.

Wanda for all of her troubles is just herself.
    Eh. She’s a nexus being. I’m sure that doesn’t hurt her chances.

BANNED

right? Like wanda's been possessed A LOT now

is there something special about limbo and zombies that made magik like that?