Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Cheetah and The Legion Of Doom

No, it isn't called that, but she is apart of it. I hope this doesn't become a callback to the Superfriends and that they remember they have a very powerful and frightening member of the team...

https://www.cbr.com/legion-of-doom-j...der-interview/

Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Daaaaang! That's a pretty hardcore team! Cheetah's running with the big boys!

Yeah, let's hope this is a serious take that makes her look good and fearsome. She's in some very august company and this could be big chance for her.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Well deserved. I would have been disappointed if they had chosen some Greek-myth inspired character like Circe, First Born, or Ares with all of the other arch-enemies for the League on the team.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Yay, I was hoping she'd be included. Definitely excited for this!

Let's just hope the storyline proves how deadly Cheetah is. She should for all purposes be portrayed as more powerful than Luthor, Joker, Manta, and Grodd since she has the powers of a god on her side.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is very exciting, but I'd be more confident with a different writer.

Tynion has never really done anything for me with the characters I actually like so far (chiefly Bruce, Dick, Kate and Babs), and I like everyone assembled here. Hopefully the pattern doesn't continue.

I just need a few scenes with Luthor acknowledging Barbara Ann's cunning and intelligence, and Joker just finding her downright scary and spooky. I would be so good if we get that.
    Richard Alexander

Richard Alexander

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I'm digging this art, if nothing else. She looks better here than on the cover.

Incredible Member

I love that DC seems to be more committed to showing Cheetah as a dangerous monster. Here, she does not look like a nude shampoo model painted in cheetah print to titillate fanboys , but she looks like a creature I would be terrified to to ever be alone with. I hope the writing does her well. I actually said I could never take Cheetah seriously when I first began reading Wonder Woman comics, but with Rebirth, this Legion of Doom, DC Superhero Girls (I loved the mini webisodes they released over the past month), and the upcoming Wonder Woman 2, Cheetah may cement her place as Wonder Woman's arch nemesis after all.

She looks awesome! Hope more WW villains show up, I'd like to see Circe join.

Spectacular Member

I think they actually ARE going to call it the "Legion of Doom" and I'm very ok with that!

In the interview, it said that Luthor sort of turns to Joker for, I dunno... guidance? It seems so odd that Luthor would have any sort of interaction with Joker that isn't negative.

How do we think Cheetah will interact with the others? I assume she'll respect Luthor enough if she's given the same. I've always wanted to see her interact with Black Manta more. But I hope we see some of that Joker-hatred we saw in the Justice League story quite a few years ago. I just can't see Cheetah being amused by his antics.

Ah, methinks they are turning the Legion of Doom into the Arch-Nemesises Only Club. Good!

This is the only group I want Cheetah to be a part of: right at the sides of her "brothers" Luthor and Joker, where she belongs with Black Manta and Sinestro.

I guess Grodd is ok there for the visuals, ... but isn't Zoom the arch- nemesis of the Flash? Or one of the coldsters (Icicle, Captain Cold, Killer Frost maybe) better as their "polar opposite"? Just saying.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Why is Grodd a lot smaller than the way he was drawn in the Flash and the cover?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Like others have stated, I too hope she gets portrayed well. I want her to be treated as an equal among all the other members. I don't want her reduced to being fodder for the team.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!