Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    CW too. I'm of the firm opinion that it's only gotten worse over the series' run...
    I think it's only gotten better. Especially compared to the movie suit. Although I know the coloring isn't to your taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's only gotten better. Especially compared to the movie suit. Although I know the coloring isn't to your taste.
    The early suit was perfect, but it's just gotten somewhat too garish on screen. Just shows how the page to screen shouldn't be 1:1.

The early suit was perfect, but it's just gotten somewhat too garish on screen. Just shows how the page to screen shouldn't be 1:1.
    The current suit makes the early suit look like a prototype suit. Probably the closest was the season 4 suit but I feel like the current suit took it and basically perfected it and it has everything you need in a Flash suit (the boots, the cowl, the lightning ears, the sleekness, etc.)

As far as I'm concerned that's what you should use as a basis for any live-action Flash suit.

The current suit makes the early suit look like a prototype suit. Probably the closest was the season 4 suit but I feel like the current suit took it and basically perfected it and it has everything you need in a Flash suit (the boots, the cowl, the lightning ears, the sleekness, etc.)

As far as I'm concerned that's what you should use as a basis for any live-action Flash suit.
    Look, we just disagree on this. I'd rather not see any suit take tips from the CW version. It's just a bad look. It's like if The Batman re-used Adam West's suit...

Look, we just disagree on this. I'd rather not see any suit take tips from the CW version. It's just a bad look. It's like if The Batman re-used Adam West's suit...
    I think there are better examples of an Adam West-esque Flash suit:

Compared to other live-action suits the current one comes off as the best in my opinion.

I think there are better examples of an Adam West-esque Flash suit:

Compared to other live-action suits the current one comes off as the best in my opinion.
    Agreed there's been worse, but that doesn't make it "good" imo. I'd love to see them treat it like they do the Batman suits - stay true to the style and spirit of the costume, but find what looks good on screen. I thought that the CW had done that for television in the early seasons, but just stopped caring about the whole "looks good on screen" bit. He oddly looks more like some weird headed alien now...

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

A one-to-one or "one-to-one" Flash suit should work, I mean c'mon look at all the amazing costumes from both DC and Marvel in recent years. I feel like designers are making it way harder than it has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    A one-to-one or "one-to-one" Flash suit should work, I mean c'mon look at all the amazing costumes from both DC and Marvel in recent years. I feel like designers are making it way harder than it has to be.

So many artists and costume designers are always trying to “improve” the Flash suit. It’s basically the design that launched the Silver Age of comics. The first modern superhero costume.

Don’t mess with perfection.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    You didn't even need to respond, nobody wants to waste their time hearing a 65 year old dude mansplain Israel/Plalestine conflict to them on a comic book forum. I only brought it up because it's my personal bias against Gadot. I even explicitly said that it was my opinion and I was not making thee argument that others should agree with me and now this whole convo is started. This isn't a political thread and if you're gonna respond to people saying they should PM you maybe you should have just PM'd in the first place. There is a lot of truth to what BatmanJones is saying- and at least it was partially on topic, whereas you come off as a pretentious bully. And I'm only responding to you because this doesn't sit right with me especially when the topic itself is so serious.

If anything your post is a good indication that it was wrong on my part to introduce this topic to this thread, I only wanted to illustrate why I personally dislike Gadot and in come the mansplainers. I think it would be best to steer out of this conversation ASAP to avoid any more bored old men.
    adhominem and rhetoric doesn't prove anybody's case not @batmanjonses not yours..it only proves you are full of bullshit.If i see a bully it's you.@ClassicalComics is just asking for discussion and clearance of any that he feels is
    misinformation .That too in respectful manner.Sure,that learning thing is condesending as eff.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-20-2022 at 03:46 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Wonder how that comment wasn't deleted, but I guess I really shouldn't. Attacking people based on their presumed age or specific gender is apparently the kind of discrimination that is acceptable nowadays. I haven't heard the word mansplainer since probably the 2016 US election by the way. Thanks internet.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-20-2022 at 04:11 AM.

Agreed there's been worse, but that doesn't make it "good" imo. I'd love to see them treat it like they do the Batman suits - stay true to the style and spirit of the costume, but find what looks good on screen. I thought that the CW had done that for television in the early seasons, but just stopped caring about the whole "looks good on screen" bit. He oddly looks more like some weird headed alien now...
    We're agreed on that but I think the TV suit provides a good foundation for that, especially since I think the current suit looks great on-screen but we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I just don't see what about it is particularly bad other than the colors being too bright. But it looks better than the jacket and pants look of the earlier seasons in my opinion.

The only time he looked like a weird-headed alien in my opinion was in season 5 with that oversized cowl. The cowl has probably changed the least outside the more prominent lightning ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post

These are basically the current TV suit minus darker colors and those speed lines that have never seemed all that popular.

Incredible Member

I agree the current TV's costume is the best live action Flash suit so far, it even has actual gold boots, not like the new movie suit.

My only complains with the TV's suit are that I think it should have wider lighting bolts on the arms, and sure, a better material than the CW can afford, but nothing near to the new movie suit.

BANNED

Oh, yeah, the suit has gotten so much better over time. I really didn't like that brown-red color or the leathery material. It feels much more superhero-y now and I love that we got the gold boots finally.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The TV show still winning:

Honestly we just need higher quality material but...yeah its the best yet.

Superman type fabric would really elevate it

Boy this thread sure took an interesting turn.