Page 584 of 673 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 10085
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yup white women supporting other white women no matter how shitty they are. All while the gays and blacks play second fiddle supporting roles.
    Not to mention the oblivious undercutting of your own narrative because you refuse to decenter Shaw and keep writing him in scenes that attempt to say Shaw is terrible yes, but also a little sympathetic right.....even after pointedly reminding us of his past domestic violence. Like I would have been a lot more willing to see the Wilhelmina arc as something other than just lip service paid to uplifting survivors of abuse, if Duggan didn't keep then tossing that very energy straight out the window every time he shifted focus back to Shaw's not ALL bad, see, look how likable he can be in this issue with Harry Leland!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    and if they get caught they get punished or thrown in the Pit. When Empath made people on the island fight each other he was caught and put on the Hellion team.
    So they get sent to The Pit™, except when they don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So they get sent to The Pit™, except when they don't?
    Almost like criminals who do crimes and don't go to jail I know crazy that never happens

and if they get caught they get punished or thrown in the Pit. When Empath made people on the island fight each other he was caught and put on the Hellion team.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't let former villians on the island considering the asset that they could bring to Krakoa since they have a clean slate.
    Almost like criminals who do crimes and don't go to jail I know crazy that never happens
    So you're fine with the island being populated by villains and that these villains should not face any consequences for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    So you're fine with the island being populated by villains and that these villains should not face any consequences for their actions.
    Where in my statement did I say I was fine with it? I just acknowledge that it happens and just because it happens doesn't mean that former villians shouldn't be allowed the chance on Krakoa. If they break their chance so be it but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be given the chance at all, because if you do that then Krakoa isn't open to all mutants.

Where in my statement did I say I was fine with it? I just acknowledge that it happens and just because it happens doesn't mean that former villians shouldn't be allowed the chance on Krakoa. If they break their chance so be it but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be given the chance at all, because if you do that then Krakoa isn't open to all mutants.
    Serial killers, murders, and rapists all get a second chance because if they didn't then that would mean not all mutants are welcome. And?

Now why is it important that all mutants be welcome? Why do you WANT terrorist, slavers, and cannibals to be welcome along side the more law abiding citizens?

Serial killers, murders, and rapists all get a second chance because if they didn't then that would mean not all mutants are welcome. And?

Now why is it important that all mutants be welcome? Why do you WANT terrorist, slavers, and cannibals to be welcome along side the more law abiding citizens?
    Because Krakoa is meant to be a safe haven for mutants from a world that has failed them and continues to fail them. Giving every mutant a fair shot at a better life. United they are strong while divided they go back to being persecuted and hunted alone. Good bad it doesn't matter mutants are going to be persecuted either way. At least together they stand a much better chance.

Because Krakoa is meant to be a safe haven for mutants from a world that has failed them and continues to fail them. Giving every mutant a fair shot at a better life. United they are strong while divided they go back to being persecuted and hunted alone. Good bad it doesn't matter mutants are going to be persecuted either way. At least together they stand a much better chance.
    Interesting.

The world has failed them. You feel that it's the world's fault that Sabretooth and Magneto have killed a lot of people rather than actually blaming Sabretooth and Magneto.

It's also really telling that you feel supporting their particular kind of people is more important than actually trying to be a good person.

Mutants are going to be persecuted either way, so there's no reason they should treat serial killers poorly.

Interesting.

The world has failed them. You feel that it's the world's fault that Sabretooth and Magneto have killed a lot of people rather than actually blaming Sabretooth and Magneto.

It's also really telling that you feel supporting their particular kind of people is more important than actually trying to be a good person.

Mutants are going to be persecuted either way, so there's no reason they should treat serial killers poorly.
    Dude no one is saying villian mutants are not villains. Stopping hearing what you want to hear.

Krakoa wants to be a safe haven for all mutants. Now it is logical because it has happened before that when mutants get together humans freak out and try to attack them. These humans don't care if the mutants are good or bad. They just care that they are mutants an want them destroyed. Both good and bad mutants know that very well.

So the normally good mutants finally accepted that reality and agreed to bring bad mutants on board because the enemy of my enemy is my friend. A united front to defend mutants from the rest of the world.

Dude no one is saying villian mutants are not villains. Stopping hearing what you want to hear.
    No. You're just saying that they shouldn't be treated like villains.

Krakoa wants to be a safe haven for all mutants. Now it is logical because it has happened before that when mutants get together humans freak out and try to attack them. These humans don't care if the mutants are good or bad. They just care that they are mutants an want them destroyed. Both good and bad mutants know that very well.
    Again, why are you defending the bad mutants? Why is it wrong that evil genocidal maniacs are being treated poorly?

So the normally good mutants finally accepted that reality and agreed to bring bad mutants on board because the enemy of my enemy is my friend. A united front to defend mutants from the rest of the world.
    The analogy falls apart in this case. The enemy of my enemy is also quite literally my enemy and has tried to kill me on several occasions. Do you think the X-men (and other good mutants) wouldn't be able to survive if they didn't have evil killers on their side?

No. You're just saying that they shouldn't be treated like villains.

Again, why are you defending the bad mutants? Why is it wrong that evil genocidal maniacs are being treated poorly?
    Because Krakoa offered a clean slate to all mutants. Again you are acting like humans have never given pardons for crazy crimes as well. Krakoa is simply doing the same for the benefit of mutants yet you act like it's unheard of. You are holding Krakoa to an unrealistic standard of morality

The analogy falls apart in this case. The enemy of my enemy is also quite literally my enemy and has tried to kill me on several occasions. Do you think the X-men (and other good mutants) wouldn't be able to survive if they didn't have evil killers on their side?
    It doesn't fall a part at all because the list of crime and abuses that have happened to mutants by humans , governments and continues to happen is so long. At least Krakoa made it clear if you break one of the 3 laws you get thrown in the pit or punished. How many human nations right now are still persecuting mutants? How many still have organized hate groups?

Asking if they need the villians is not the question. They want the villians cause they know they will be stronger together ,united as one against all of these mutant hating groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Saying that Krakoa is as corrupt or as broken as the US when it comes to this is not the winning argument you think it is. Oh and also, Apocalypse.
    We're talking about the Apocalypse who sacrificed his own family so that folks would actually have a planet to exist on...

That Apocalypse, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Dude. This isn’t Operation Paperclip. What do any of this mutants actually offer Krakoa in terms of nation building that would make up for the anger they’ll generate at Krakoa from within and without? No seriously, what do Mastermind, Gorgon, Fabian Cortez, Apocalypse, etc., all offer that makes up for the hell they’ll bring to Krakoa with them?
    We are talking about the guy that left assassins alive after an attempted assassination, no?

I think that this "Hell..." you are on about is rather overblown.

Just to point out the incredibly obvious reason?

Because those examples of terrorist/slaver/cannibal/mutant who refuses to recycle/whatever have to agree to the nation's laws along with being a citizen.

Astonishing Member

You do realize these characters have histories before they joined Krakoa? Histories they admitted not having any regrets for even after jointing Krakoa? Histories that included trying to kill 90% of the worlds population, triggering the Bronze Age collapse, being the supreme leader of Hydra, killed gods, killing civilians for kicks. And that my comment was in the case of essentially ruining Krakoa’s reputation in the world? Or at least should if anyone took these books seriously.

And what does Gorgon offer that Wolverine or any of the other Mutants whose thing has included “Be a ninja” offers? At the bare minimum they wouldn’t have the fact that most of the Marvel universe’s gods would want them dead on sight.