Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    This bugs me too. From writers perspective it must be more interesting to have a brain floating around than another blonde telepath.
    Why does she have to be blonde? They could literally make her any race with any combination of physical features

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Everything they are planning is going to go so wrong. Poor kids. I thought No Girl picked her own name though.
    No Girl and Martha were meant to be different characters. No Girl was a student thar no one could ever see or sense. And then they just made it Martha's codename. So she never chose it. As far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does she have to be blonde? They could literally make her any race with any combination of physical features
    She's been shown as blonde during spider-man and the x-men

No girl's logic is flawed I'm sure if she wanted her old body back they would give it to her. It's just the narratively it would just make her another telepath and thus uninteresting

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    No girl's logic is flawed I'm sure if she wanted her old body back they would give it to her. It's just the narratively it would just make her another telepath and thus uninteresting
    yeah even before krakoa they could possibly do that. I would like to think this is more of Farouk's influence than how she actually feels.

She's been shown as blonde during spider-man and the x-men
    That was a psychic manifestation, not her true appearance. I think if they were to give her a body, they still could choose whatever they wanted

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Has any issue explained why Martha has chosen to remain a brain in a jar vs. resurrection in a newly cloned body? I never got the impression she preferred it this way.
    Must. Not. Make. Joke. About. Disability. Representation.

But crude joke aside. I'm afraid it seems to be seen as her "gimick" as a character that writers don't want to change it.

Personaly i think she has been the floating brain for long enough and they should finaly give her a body now that they have all kinds of options.

If this nation of super powered people can form a team which can teleport to the center of creation to steal some unabtanium from there, or haphazardly terraform a whole planet, it makes no sense that they can't put a young woman who was reduced to a floating brain into a proper body cloned or cybernetic without needing to kill her first.

Like a whole nation of mutants can't do what the manga character Black Jack could do on his own, on the run, with a box of scraps!?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    No Girl and Martha were meant to be different characters. No Girl was a student thar no one could ever see or sense. And then they just made it Martha's codename. So she never chose it. As far as I can tell.
    This is one of those things that I wish would get fixed while recognizing it's not a huge deal.

-Pav, who also wishes Ernst would get fixed...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Anole has been extremely annoying in this era. He acts like a 12 yr old twink w a stick up his ass.

He should be hanging out w the Academy kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was a psychic manifestation, not her true appearance. I think if they were to give her a body, they still could choose whatever they wanted
    Well, all psychic manifestation we had from telepaths showed who they were at the moment, so I see no point in having her as a blonde in the astral plane and brunettte when in her own body. But hey, if Emma has taught us anything is that dying hair is always possible.

Personally I'd love to have her as a black telepath, since the only one like this I'm aware of is Astrid Bloom, but that Martha panel totally undermines that possibility.

To me it's a waste of potential to keep her as a brain instead of a full character. She is an impulsive telepath who happens to be able to negate others' powers. Imagine what she'd do if she found out Rachel was having an affair with the one responsible for her current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    This is one of those things that I wish would get fixed while recognizing it's not a huge deal.

-Pav, who also wishes Ernst would get fixed...
    Ugh, a follow up of Ernst as Cassandra would be hugely welcome. Too bad this plot was also undermined.
    Last edited by Alex.; 07-15-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Well, all psychic manifestation we had from telepaths showed who they were at the moment, so I see no point in having her as a blonde in the astral plane and brunettte when in her own body. But hey, if Emma has taught us anything is that dying hair is always possible.

Personally I'd love to have her as a black telepath, since the only one like this I'm aware of is Astrid Bloom, but that Martha panel totally undermines that possibility.
    Monet and her sisters exist in current continuity though

I can’t imagine Gabby is gonna be very happy about her Martha parading around in her body especially after what Esme did. Also, if Martha still has the issues with being a brain in a jar, why hasn’t she asked for a Crucible so she can be revived whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I can’t imagine Gabby is gonna be very happy about her Martha parading around in her body especially after what Esme did. Also, if Martha still has the issues with being a brain in a jar, why hasn’t she asked for a Crucible so she can be revived whole?
    Oh man I don't want to see that fight, it wouldn't even be a fight just smashing a jar.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Why would she even need to go through the Crucible when they can just build a body for her? Its been done before

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Oh man I don't want to see that fight, it wouldn't even be a fight just smashing a jar.
    I wouldn’t say that. She may be a brain in a jar but she’s also a skilled telepath. She was able to knock out Rachel back in Spider-Man and the X-Men when she got the jump on her. So I’d imagine a Cruciple battle for her would be a battle of the minds in the astral plane.