Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Its like they have a history of doing that. What was the fatality rate of the students again ?
    The peak for me was when the student were crucified in their mansion backyard....while the X-men were at mansion, implied to having been asleep
    also - no just X-men but avengers as well - there was the arean thing, and let's not forget Maggot and other mutant that got captured and put in an internation camp to die, with the X-men BARELY aknowleding someone was missing.
    < for avengers the nadir whas when puppet masters got in human traficking...of young superheroine like silverclaw or stature...eeeeeeeeeewwwwww>
    all this tirade to say that no trusting adult superheor is actually sensed, increase chance of survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would she even need to go through the Crucible when they can just build a body for her? Its been done before
    Because it seems that they only grow a new body for the case of resurrection on Krakoa. Can’t think of any time they’ve done it for anything less.

Monet and her sisters exist in current continuity though
    I forgot about Monet. Honestly to me she's so much more than a telepath that forgot about it. Don't know her sisters, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Because it seems that they only grow a new body for the case of resurrection on Krakoa. Can’t think of any time they’ve done it for anything less.
    Technically Proteus. They have bodies on deck ready for him whenever his existing body is about to burn out and he doesnt go back to simply being a psychic entity

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I wouldn’t say that. She may be a brain in a jar but she’s also a skilled telepath. She was able to knock out Rachel back in Spider-Man and the X-Men when she got the jump on her. So I’d imagine a Cruciple battle for her would be a battle of the minds in the astral plane.
    I didn't know she had that kind of power. Okay I'm all in.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Technically Proteus. They have bodies on deck ready for him whenever his existing body is about to burn out and he doesnt go back to simply being a psychic entity
    That seems like an extenuating circumstance since he’s basically one of their pillars that holds their society together and his bodies burn out naturally so they can’t have him die.

Astonishing Member

And those were original made the old fashioned way, meaning they should have some classic cloning facility on Krakoa too. Just currently unusued.

Either way. There is no real reason they couldn't create an empty spare body for her in between, considering the entire function of the five is only to make bodies. Everything important about the mind is actualy Cerebro.

Plus if they could make a body for Karma missing her leg, they could also make a body for Martha missing her brain and having her's put in.

Also Forge could make an android body. Or they could find a mutant who could fashion a body for her out of her own cells.

There a lot more options besides the Crucible. Then again there have always been a lot more options than the Crucible in theory, but they still seem to default to killing and making clones.

Really looking forward to this issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    And those were original made the old fashioned way, meaning they should have some classic cloning facility on Krakoa too. Just currently unusued.

Either way. There is no real reason they couldn't create an empty spare body for her in between, considering the entire function of the five is only to make bodies. Everything important about the mind is actualy Cerebro.

Plus if they could make a body for Karma missing her leg, they could also make a body for Martha missing her brain and having her's put in.

Also Forge could make an android body. Or they could find a mutant who could fashion a body for her out of her own cells.

There a lot more options besides the Crucible. Then again there have always been a lot more options than the Crucible in theory, but they still seem to default to killing and making clones.
    she had one in Generation Hope

They act like they cant build a body to house her brain

Thank you I was trying to remember if this happened somewhere. Yeah this is either Farouk influencing them or just a case of selective continuity

Astonishing Member

*pic*

I was indeed remembering that when i wrote that someone could make a body out of her cells. Though i was thinking of a proper one and not a flesh robot body like that, though that could in theory be an option too. But yes. No reason beyond drama or "she feels fine that way" for her not to have a body without having to outright die for it.

That discussion might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a long while. "The adults won't help!" is a fine point, but someone was literally murdered. The sister of the current active X-men member. Its kind of important that they know! And their plan is just insane!

Oh god, what if they get there and find out Gabby HAS no backups because they never considered her a real enough mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

I insist why make him a body and then insert her brain? I mean Martha's genetic material has indeed in hers cerbral tissue they have to grasp it.

They only have to give her a shot In her brain and Martha would return in her real body.

And she very much doubt she is very happy to be in a jar, there are a lot of stories where they show Martha desperate to have a body of her own, I do not know why she has not solved it with how easy that is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    This bugs me too. From writers perspective it must be more interesting to have a brain floating around than another blonde telepath.
    😅🤷🏻

Yeah poor Martha is frustrating. if even Malice who was just a parasitic floating aura, they destroyed her "soul" and she can finally stop bothering people and has her real body.

And poor Martha who has spent years of agony in a jar and has been with the Xmen for years, she is still waiting for a body lol.

I insist until Malice already has a real body thanks to Krakoa🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kenjie would be so proud of No-girl (What an offensive name!) right now. This character development tracks!