Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Does anyone else think that this will somehow lead to that rumor of the adjectiveless title coming back with Emma, Rogue, Remy, Bobby (Emma already appeared in his mini), Roberto (at NYCC it was revealed that he’ll be in an upcoming book) and Sam? Or am I just really grasping at straws here?

Also, definitely love that Emma reached out to Rogue of all people. I’ve always thought that the two had a more amicable relationship than Emma’s had with the other girls (lmao remember when Emma helped Rogue and Remy with their sex therapy? That was wild). And I also like the fact that both of them are seriously lacking in relationships with other x-girls; this could be a chance for them to actually form some sort of friendship.
    I think that was Milligan's run which actually had really good character relationships. Emma could listen to Rogue in a way Xavier never could. She never would've went to him about her sex life and Emma is so casual about things (as one should be). It was a mature take on mutant life without being super dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It's almost like Marvel expected us to side with the Inhumans in their plan to just gas all the mutants to death, and when we didn't they had to make someone stupidly evil for no reason.
    There was a video at the time of every editor/writer/etc. saying who they sided with "Xmen or Inhumans" and it was so horribly obvious that it was some PR stunt to push the Inhumans. Emma became like a representation for mutants and what marvel wanted to do to them. Which in a way is flattering, but the execution was meant to be an execution. Did they seriously think people who throw away years of dedication to a franchise for another one because of a half-ass PR push from the company?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

There was a video at the time of every editor/writer/etc. saying who they sided with "Xmen or Inhumans" and it was so horribly obvious that it was some PR stunt to push the Inhumans. Emma became like a representation for mutants and what marvel wanted to do to them. Which in a way is flattering, but the execution was meant to be an execution. Did they seriously think people who throw away years of dedication to a franchise for another one because of a half-ass PR push from the company?
    This stupid inhumans push ended up destroying what made the inhumans special in the first place.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No wonder this thread reached 16 pages.

Emma Hate is back in full force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This stupid inhumans push ended up destroying what made the inhumans special in the first place.
    I had absolutely zero feeling about them one way or another until that crossover and then I laughed when Medusa's hair started falling out because marvel had went 180 on their own push.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

It just demonstrates that people love Emma Frost and other people love to hate her. Those that hate her are not going to change their minds.

I want her to wear a "I really don't care do u?" jacket LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

I can’t speak for others but for me I don’t feel its emma hate.

No matter how bad people think ivx was, it happened. I love what emma brings to the table in a group dynamic. I just want to see how we got from there to this seemingly amicable interaction with the xmen (full disclosure: I didn’t read that event that had her leading some mutant nation in California or whatever, so i may be missing information).

She did killa bunch of inbumans. Right or wrong, happy about it or sad about it, some interaction on panel acknowledging and moving past this is all I personally ask for. Again I may have missed it in other books.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

No matter how bad people think ivx was, it happened. I love what emma brings to the table in a group dynamic. I just want to see how we got from there to this seemingly amicable interaction with the xmen (full disclosure: I didn’t read that event that had her leading some mutant nation in California or whatever, so i may be missing information).

She did killa bunch of inbumans. Right or wrong, happy about it or sad about it, some interaction on panel acknowledging and moving past this is all I personally ask for. Again I may have missed it in other books.
    The mutant nation/Secret Empire was written differently by two different writers. Bunn (Blue's issues) kept her a bit off her hinges (but it's very clear that was editorial mandate) whereas Nick Spencer (Secret Empire issues) wrote her very much like how Leah says...she's calm and level headed, intelligent, and the way she should be.

I wouldn't want to take the focus away from Emma in her own book, but I would have loved if Dazzler showed up here. They were already shown to be working together during IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

It was there before ivx lol this isn't something new

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No I read your response very thoroughly and what you are saying it’s essentially Emma’s fault(due to your initial statement of trusting Emma resulted in Storm doubting herself and giving up leadership )to which you are incorrect. Storm was already doubting herself before the Events of IVX. Did you not read the Extraordinary X-Men run??? Your scan does not support that at all. But as I said Agree to Disagree. But I’ll say this, in this review the X-Men trusting Emma is their best bet in taking down the HFC.
    I said storm decision, in part, to leave the team was due to trusting emma in the decision she made to go to war. storm allowed Emma's lies to influence her better judgment to not go to war, finding a peaceful way to handle the conflict versus a violent one.

and I guess we will find out next week if emma motives are true.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I said storm decision, in part, to leave the team was due to trusting emma in the decision she made to go to war. storm allowed Emma's lies to influence her better judgment to not go to war, finding a peaceful way to handle the conflict versus a violent one.

and I guess we will find out next week if emma motives are true.
    The peaceful solution was to leave Earth. Inhumans made it toxic to breathe the air. Literally NO ONE else had a plan.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The peaceful solution was to leave Earth. Inhumans made it toxic to breathe the air. Literally NO ONE else had a plan.
    that was beasts proposal to leave the earth. even though this makes no sense Medusa made the point had the xmen told her about the harm of the cloud based upon the data beast had found, she would have found another way which ultimately was to destroy the cloud.

bottom line: they didnt have to go to war as emma was pushing for due to her selfish reasons.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-26-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that was beasts proposal to leave the earth. even though this makes no sense Medusa made the point had the xmen told her about the harm of the cloud based upon the data beast had found, she would have found another way which ultimately was to destroy the cloud.

bottom line: they didnt have to go to war as emma was pushing for due to her selfish reasons.
    Except that Black Bolt knew the Terrigen was toxic to mutants, and did nothing. That's how Unus the Untouchable died.

BANNED

bottom line it was poorly written and shitty execution on the part of the writer and editing team.

You don't need to post images. I didn't read it wrong, or interpret it in a different way. I can remember what happened. Wasn't that the problem with the board screwing up? Too many images on the old threads.

Good to know the death of your entire species and a man you love is considered: Selfish reasons. Wow.

With everything Storm is capable of doing it is surprising that she wasn't able to move a cloud, but you know...shitty writing.

This thread needs to shift it.

None of this IvX nonsense. That event IS nonsense.

THIS THREAD is about X-Men Black: Emma Frost

Stop bad mouthing Emma. Find a new venue if that's your goal.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, those scenes are silly. It's like Medusa got super amensia and forgot Beast joined the Inhumans to find a cure so did Johnny to help his team-mate Rogue. Plus she was there when the X-Men destroyed the first cloud because it was killing mutants.

Also I don't why you're trying to pass off saving all the mutants on Earth as "selfish".

DISCLAIMER: I was still writing this when Fokken posted but I'll move on.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 10-26-2018 at 10:43 AM.