Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Feels like a shorter chapter, but still so much left to digest going forward...

spoilers:
    Todoroki grabs ahold of the injured Bakugo, as well as Endeavor, as Midoryia gets even more pissed heading face first to Shigaraki. Meanwhile, Gigantomachia continues his rampage as he smells "two masters", while the rest of the Evacuation team head forward to warn the rest of the heroes, with Uraraka wondering what's going on. Shigaraki touches Midoryia's face, preparing to take One For All, as Midoryia back in the vestige world (now with more body visible), sees Shigaraki being forcefully submitted by All For One, trying to fight back. He falls over as Nana grabs the back of head, saying they'll handle it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I love AFO's taunt (which I assume it's him based on the text difference) of "There was lots of spilled blood today and that was the most useless of them all" was what finally led Deku to stop giving any more fucks and go full apeshit on him, chomping into the tendrils like a straight up monster. And that chilling image of Shigaraki being completely scared, and his face ripping open to see AFO's grinning smile. Then there's that very interesting comment about Machia sensing "two masters", which could possibly be both AFO and Shigraki, but I really think it's Midoryia he's smelling, which means it is now even more likely Machia switching allegiances may actually come to pass. And now looks like we're heading for a final spirit battle, looking to be the OFA successors and AFO using their chosen champions. And with Shigaraki trying to resist, I'm now starting to think we might end up getting them trying to "save" Shigaraki from AFO's influence, and possibly even lead to him learning the truth. Either way, I feel like only one of the two baddies is making it out of this arc alive.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Deku goes even more rabid tearing AFO's tendrils with his hands and teeth. Also it looks like we are going to have a psychic style battle next.

The only problem is the final splash page, with Nana appearing. Her dialogue see US, yet she's the only one there (Though I betting she will change into the other users as they use their powers) but with the dialogue I was expecting to see all the One For All users appear together
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It made sense for it to be Nana, due to the obvious answer of them facing her grandson, but also the visual parallel of her holding Deku's head, the same thing she did in Shigaraki's vestige earlier. I imagine the others will make their presence known once it's the right time.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Inversed; 10-04-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Deku goes even more rabid tearing AFO's tendrils with his hands and teeth. Also it looks like we are going to have a psychic style battle next.

The only problem is the final splash page, with Nana appearing. Her dialogue see US, yet she's the only one there (Though I betting she will change into the other users as they use their powers) but with the dialogue I was expecting to see all the One For All users appear together
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    before they appear though it would be a good opportunity for her to say something to Shigi I dont know if apologizing would be correct considering it was her son who she has given up not him. But I would like to see some interactions between the two
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    before they appear though it would be a good opportunity for her to say something to Shigi I dont know if apologizing would be correct considering it was her son who she has given up not him. But I would like to see some interactions between the two
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, there needs to be some interaction between the two. Still I really wished that scene did have all the users
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Feels like a shorter chapter, but still so much left to digest going forward...

spoilers:
    I love AFO's taunt (which I assume it's him based on the text difference) of "There was lots of spilled blood today and that was the most useless of them all" was what finally led Deku to stop giving any more fucks and go full apeshit on him, chomping into the tendrils like a straight up monster. And that chilling image of Shigaraki being completely scared, and his face ripping open to see AFO's grinning smile. Then there's that very interesting comment about Machia sensing "two masters", which could possibly be both AFO and Shigraki, but I really think it's Midoryia he's smelling, which means it is now even more likely Machia switching allegiances may actually come to pass. And now looks like we're heading for a final spirit battle, looking to be the OFA successors and AFO using their chosen champions. And with Shigaraki trying to resist, I'm now starting to think we might end up getting them trying to "save" Shigaraki from AFO's influence, and possibly even lead to him learning the truth. Either way, I feel like only one of the two baddies is making it out of this arc alive.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It made sense for it to be Nana, due to the obvious answer of them facing her grandson, but also the visual parallel of her holding Deku's head, the same thing she did in Shigaraki's vestige earlier. I imagine the others will make their presence known once it's the right time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I like that the drop that made Deku tip over after the shock of seeing Bakugo get impaled (and I'm super convinced he's going to be just fine now) was AFO specifically (instead of Shigaraki) saying that all the pain and sufferinf of the day has been pointless. Deku bursting towards him with pure rage in his eyes is such a great moment when you remember how terrified he was the first time he was in close proximity to All For One. The art in this chapter is just next level stuff.

I really hope that all these bits with Ochako are building towards something great for her. She really needs a big heroic moment this arc. Anti-gravity supplexing Gigantomachia onto Shigaraki would be perfect.

Gigantomachia mentioning two masters certainly opens up to him recognising Deku as something more than just another hero. I wonder if All For One ever predicted something like that happening.

It wasn't in my wildest predictions that we would get a soul realm style battle for the finale of this arc. I'm betting that the other vestiges will pop out one after the other and surround All For One. Seeing them all interact will possibly shed some light on just who they all are. He probably killed all of them after all. It feels like we've entered the final stage of this arc now, but I have a feeling that things will still get even crazier.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I like that the drop that made Deku tip over after the shock of seeing Bakugo get impaled (and I'm super convinced he's going to be just fine now) was AFO specifically (instead of Shigaraki) saying that all the pain and sufferinf of the day has been pointless. Deku bursting towards him with pure rage in his eyes is such a great moment when you remember how terrified he was the first time he was in close proximity to All For One. The art in this chapter is just next level stuff.

I really hope that all these bits with Ochako are building towards something great for her. She really needs a big heroic moment this arc. Anti-gravity supplexing Gigantomachia onto Shigaraki would be perfect.

Gigantomachia mentioning two masters certainly opens up to him recognising Deku as something more than just another hero. I wonder if All For One ever predicted something like that happening.

It wasn't in my wildest predictions that we would get a soul realm style battle for the finale of this arc. I'm betting that the other vestiges will pop out one after the other and surround All For One. Seeing them all interact will possibly shed some light on just who they all are. He probably killed all of them after all. It feels like we've entered the final stage of this arc now, but I have a feeling that things will still get even crazier.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it's funny that it was the snide at Bakugo in particular ("the most useless blood shed of em all") was what made him finally break. You really buy into just how angry he's getting now since, at least from his perspective, alot of them are getting hurt because Shigaraki wants One For All, thus they're protecting him, and that inability to do more, and seeing everybody else nearing death for you, you can really understand how much that would piss him off. Being overly emotional has always been one of Midoryia's core character traits, whether that's being sad or happy, so now we finally get to see how it looks when he gets truly mad.

From the way it sounds, it seems there are some heroes going to intersect Gigantomachia, and then some heading towards Shigaraki to warn those heroes, so I'm wondering where she's gonna be. It's possible we could get something big if she's heading toward Shigaraki to reunite with everyone else, but you're right going up against Gigantomachia would be perfect for her to do right now, because even Todoroki at the battle right now has just been limited to looking on and screaming, so probably not much she could do right now over there.

They keep bringing up the possibility of there being a deeper connection to One For All and All For One than we know, so Machia may be the one to finally bring it in the open. I do hope we know what the limits to AFO's "all seeing, all knowing" masterplans are, like how All Might beating him caught him by surprise, but he still took in Tenko with the intention of being his protege, since he had a feeling he'd get defeated eventually. It'll be nice to see how he'd react to something genuinely catching him off guard.

It feels like this is probably the best way we can have just a "No holds barred" huge epic fight without having to worry about "breaking the power scale too early". Especially with All For One having those wires/strings fusing into Shigaraki, and Nana grabbing Midoryia's head, I just imagine the OFA users and AFO just end puppeteering their respective hosts and get them to fight each for them, and that's just really funny to me.
    end of spoilers

New chapter where everything's really starting to speed up towards a conclusion.

spoilers:
    Nana faces down against All For One, who explains how his quirk carried the ability to be haunted by the consciousnesses of the users' whose quirks he stole within his dreams, and that his brother sharing a similar connection is how the vestiges remain alive within OFA. Shigaraki, seemingly figuring out who and what happened with Nana, states he still hates her as his anger for everything (including AFO) starts to try and take control of OFA. Nana uses her power to resist, accompanied by AFO's Brother protecting Midoryia. AFO tries to exert more control, taunting and insulting Midoryia for being too weak to handle the power and having everyone around him get hurt, but OFA defends him saying he has what it takes to stand strong and they'll all stand right beside him, as Midoryia gets up to fight back.

In the real world, Midoryia & Shigaraki are back in their defeated bodies, as AFO tells Shigaraki to rest and wait for his body to reach completion, while Midoryia prays he stays down. Meanwhile, back on Gigantomachia, Dabi gleefully prepares to join in on the fight, while Toga reflects on Twice's death, wondering if the heroes will try to kill her too, and planning to ask Izuku and Ochaco.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's nice to get some more information about the OFA and AFO quirks, but also AFO as a person, getting a concrete reason how the vestiges came to be, but also hearing him getting disturbed by the people who he's stolen from, and even feeling slightly "guilty". This is also the absolute hammiest AFO has ever gotten, complete with classic Horikoshi screaming close-up. We don't get to see or hear from the other OFA users, which is a shame, but it at least made sense why these two were up front since they both have a familiar connection to both AFO users.

So with seeing Nana, it seems like Shigaraki has most likely put all the pieces together regarding with what happened between her and AFO, and yet has double downed on his hate for her and everyone, which I think probably solidifies he's not being "saved" or "turned" in any way anytime soon. I do like this push and pull how he's pretty much stuck in this position of needing AFO to accomplish his goals, but not being strong enough to destroy his will/consciousness, so he's just stuck having to fight everyone, even in the voice in his head. I am slightly worried about AFO telling him to "retreat" and wait it out, since Machia just grabbing him and leaving would feel too anti-climatic, but there's still the possibility for another twist.

Then there's the interesting stuff regarding Toga. I've seen alot of talk from groups online about feeling less sympathetic with her now considering the irony of revelling in the disaster and danger all around them, and then worried about being killed. I think because Toga's always been more lost and confused, it makes sense she'd feel more conflicted, especially since her love for Izuku and Ochaco seems to be more than just a simple obsession. Hopefully this seems to look like Ochaco finally gonna get her chance to shine, and this looks to be the perfect opportunity to potentially succeed where Hawks failed. Also, I think it's very important to point out that Dabi is the one currently most itching for a fight right now, and the only one left at the battlefield in any condition to battle...is Shoto...if that's not clear bells for a confrontation I don't know what is.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It was a shame we didn't see more of the OFA holders but the two we saw made sense; though I was annoyed that the metal battle was so short.

Yeah Tomura isn't going to be saved anytime soon and pretty much confirms he wants to be a villain.

Toga's stuff was interesting. She is clearly confused after all Heroes are supposed to save lives, yet a hero (the number 2 hero, in fact) murdered her friend, and clearly wants to meet Deku and Ochaco to explain that to her. Dabi and Shoto will probably happen very soon
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It's nice to get some more information about the OFA and AFO quirks, but also AFO as a person, getting a concrete reason how the vestiges came to be, but also hearing him getting disturbed by the people who he's stolen from, and even feeling slightly "guilty". This is also the absolute hammiest AFO has ever gotten, complete with classic Horikoshi screaming close-up. We don't get to see or hear from the other OFA users, which is a shame, but it at least made sense why these two were up front since they both have a familiar connection to both AFO users.

So with seeing Nana, it seems like Shigaraki has most likely put all the pieces together regarding with what happened between her and AFO, and yet has double downed on his hate for her and everyone, which I think probably solidifies he's not being "saved" or "turned" in any way anytime soon. I do like this push and pull how he's pretty much stuck in this position of needing AFO to accomplish his goals, but not being strong enough to destroy his will/consciousness, so he's just stuck having to fight everyone, even in the voice in his head. I am slightly worried about AFO telling him to "retreat" and wait it out, since Machia just grabbing him and leaving would feel too anti-climatic, but there's still the possibility for another twist.

Then there's the interesting stuff regarding Toga. I've seen alot of talk from groups online about feeling less sympathetic with her now considering the irony of revelling in the disaster and danger all around them, and then worried about being killed. I think because Toga's always been more lost and confused, it makes sense she'd feel more conflicted, especially since her love for Izuku and Ochaco seems to be more than just a simple obsession. Hopefully this seems to look like Ochaco finally gonna get her chance to shine, and this looks to be the perfect opportunity to potentially succeed where Hawks failed. Also, I think it's very important to point out that Dabi is the one currently most itching for a fight right now, and the only one left at the battlefield in any condition to battle...is Shoto...if that's not clear bells for a confrontation I don't know what is.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

What I like about the explanation for how the vestiges came is that while it's probably true, it's still just a theory from AFO. He's smart and has a personal understanding of the quirk, but a bit of it is left open to interpretation which gives the whole thing a nice abstract quality so you don't have to worry about hard rules and the like. The thing that struck me the most about AFO's little speech wasn't that he a part of him felt guilty. It's that he was disappointed that he felt guilty. A small part of him is still rooted in basic human decency and that's disappointing to him. That's such a nice touch that really puts some emphasis on how twisted this guy is.

Also, and this might just be me, I felt that a lot of AFO's criticisms of Deku mirrors some comments I've seen from some harsh anti-Deku readers. So I was delighted to see how Nana and the little brother instantly refute it all by praising Deku's kind-hearted and heroic nature as the reason why he's worthy of his role.

There's a lot of baggage on both Shigaraki and Deku, but very little is actually theirs. Just looking and those two, they've been aware of each other for about a year now, and while their ideals and aspirations make them natural enemies, I feel like all the history placed on them is making it all worse. Shigaraki isn't going to turn good any time soon, he's too far gone at this point. But just beating him up probably isn't going to make things better. It's up to Deku to figure out a new approach. As for the current situation, I do hope that they're both to messed up and tired to really move but can still talk (shout) at each other. There are unfortunately not a lot of scenarios with Gigantomachia that don't end with a bit of an anti-climax. Either he picks up Shigaraki and bolts to fight another day, or he mushes everybody. Though one option could be that Ochako does the gravity judo toss we imagined earlier, he crashes into the crater and that's when the drug starts taking affect leaving the League and Sceptic to fight off a bunch of weakened villains with Ochako vs. Toga and Dabi vs. Shoto as the main attractions.

The whole thing with Toga is that she's always been off since she was a little girl, and nobody ever did anything about it besides tell her that she should stop being off. That's the sympathetic part about her, that she never got the help she needed. That she has schewed priorities is the result of that, and one of the reason why she needs to be stopped. But will she just be killed because of what society turned her into with its inaction, or does she also deserve to be saved? That's the point those people seem to be missing. But yeah, she's scared and wants to know what the two heroes that she cares about think, that's all. And yeah, of course I hope Ochako will finally get her moment, and it would be nice to get some Dabi vs. Shoto stuff. But as we're rushing towards the end of the arc I can't help but wonder how of that we'll get.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

What I like about the explanation for how the vestiges came is that while it's probably true, it's still just a theory from AFO. He's smart and has a personal understanding of the quirk, but a bit of it is left open to interpretation which gives the whole thing a nice abstract quality so you don't have to worry about hard rules and the like. The thing that struck me the most about AFO's little speech wasn't that he a part of him felt guilty. It's that he was disappointed that he felt guilty. A small part of him is still rooted in basic human decency and that's disappointing to him. That's such a nice touch that really puts some emphasis on how twisted this guy is.

Also, and this might just be me, I felt that a lot of AFO's criticisms of Deku mirrors some comments I've seen from some harsh anti-Deku readers. So I was delighted to see how Nana and the little brother instantly refute it all by praising Deku's kind-hearted and heroic nature as the reason why he's worthy of his role.

There's a lot of baggage on both Shigaraki and Deku, but very little is actually theirs. Just looking and those two, they've been aware of each other for about a year now, and while their ideals and aspirations make them natural enemies, I feel like all the history placed on them is making it all worse. Shigaraki isn't going to turn good any time soon, he's too far gone at this point. But just beating him up probably isn't going to make things better. It's up to Deku to figure out a new approach. As for the current situation, I do hope that they're both to messed up and tired to really move but can still talk (shout) at each other. There are unfortunately not a lot of scenarios with Gigantomachia that don't end with a bit of an anti-climax. Either he picks up Shigaraki and bolts to fight another day, or he mushes everybody. Though one option could be that Ochako does the gravity judo toss we imagined earlier, he crashes into the crater and that's when the drug starts taking affect leaving the League and Sceptic to fight off a bunch of weakened villains with Ochako vs. Toga and Dabi vs. Shoto as the main attractions.

The whole thing with Toga is that she's always been off since she was a little girl, and nobody ever did anything about it besides tell her that she should stop being off. That's the sympathetic part about her, that she never got the help she needed. That she has schewed priorities is the result of that, and one of the reason why she needs to be stopped. But will she just be killed because of what society turned her into with its inaction, or does she also deserve to be saved? That's the point those people seem to be missing. But yeah, she's scared and wants to know what the two heroes that she cares about think, that's all. And yeah, of course I hope Ochako will finally get her moment, and it would be nice to get some Dabi vs. Shoto stuff. But as we're rushing towards the end of the arc I can't help but wonder how of that we'll get.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is mostly understated, but I always loved how he basically came this way because he always sided with the villains in the comic books he and his brother read; he's literally that guy who grew up reading Batman comics and identified with the Joker. Just an edge lord with an obsession with power and control. I also wonder if this could potentially be a reason why he doesn't just keep every single quirk he gets ahold of, if the quirk or consciousness is too much trouble, he'll get rid of it.

What's funny is I saw some comments on other sites where they actually said AFO was "right" about his criticisms toward Midoryia, completely ignoring everything his brother said immediately afterward, though thankfully most actually understood.

I've never really thought of it like that, but it is really interesting, that these two had essentially been unintentionally enlisted into the war between One For All and All For One and are basically trying to juggle between their "master's" goals, and their own. The difference is obviously Midoryia wants to help them and OFA wants to help him in return, because they know as heroes they need to do what is right, and know when is best to utilize each other. But Shigaraki wants to everything on his own, and AFO always wants to be a constant presence, so now they have an internal war of attrition alongside their external fighting. I am hoping for some kind of verbal confrontation, but so far it's just been the usual "I hate you" screaming so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any real conversation.

There's still a vagueness regarding her love for those two that I'm wondering if it's possible she could be won over just by being shown some sense of caring from them, or if she won't and reject it like Twice, but just simply seeing that caring nature from them will give her some "faith". I was re-reading her part in the My Villain Academia arc and in the moments when she's scared and bleeding out, all she thinks about is Izuku and Ochaco, and how being all bloodied up makes her feel "closer to them", so could seeing the injured Deku incite something in her (I've still had this theory she's inadvertently do something to "save" Midoryia, since he's one of the things she doesn't want destroyed in the PLF's New World)
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It is mostly understated, but I always loved how he basically came this way because he always sided with the villains in the comic books he and his brother read; he's literally that guy who grew up reading Batman comics and identified with the Joker. Just an edge lord with an obsession with power and control. I also wonder if this could potentially be a reason why he doesn't just keep every single quirk he gets ahold of, if the quirk or consciousness is too much trouble, he'll get rid of it.

What's funny is I saw some comments on other sites where they actually said AFO was "right" about his criticisms toward Midoryia, completely ignoring everything his brother said immediately afterward, though thankfully most actually understood.

I've never really thought of it like that, but it is really interesting, that these two had essentially been unintentionally enlisted into the war between One For All and All For One and are basically trying to juggle between their "master's" goals, and their own. The difference is obviously Midoryia wants to help them and OFA wants to help him in return, because they know as heroes they need to do what is right, and know when is best to utilize each other. But Shigaraki wants to everything on his own, and AFO always wants to be a constant presence, so now they have an internal war of attrition alongside their external fighting. I am hoping for some kind of verbal confrontation, but so far it's just been the usual "I hate you" screaming so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any real conversation.

There's still a vagueness regarding her love for those two that I'm wondering if it's possible she could be won over just by being shown some sense of caring from them, or if she won't and reject it like Twice, but just simply seeing that caring nature from them will give her some "faith". I was re-reading her part in the My Villain Academia arc and in the moments when she's scared and bleeding out, all she thinks about is Izuku and Ochaco, and how being all bloodied up makes her feel "closer to them", so could seeing the injured Deku incite something in her (I've still had this theory she's inadvertently do something to "save" Midoryia, since he's one of the things she doesn't want destroyed in the PLF's New World)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The revelation that AFO is haunted by the people whose quirk he's stolen makes me wonder two things. Will Shigaraki experience similar hauntings when he eventually goes to sleep, and when AFO put the copy of his own quirk within himself, did the hauntings go away for him? Like, did he reset himself.

I'd figure that was the case. There's always been this weird grouping within the fandom that just don't appreciate Deku because he's a Batman type character OR the type of character that just powers through all his obstacles. Like, I get that he's not for everybody, but I'm always annoyed when people aren't even trying to understand the character.

Right, OFA is a quirk that's been built up on the very idea of passing on the torch towards a united goal and help the next person in line and no matter how his views and feelings might've changed by all the things going down here, Deku will keep pursuing that goal because it's basically been his overall goal all along. AFO on the other is all about greed and taking everything for yourself. Shigaraki and AFO have similar goals, but they both want to be the one in control of it all. I wonder if Shigaraki will at some point try to kill the physical AFO if he's pushed to far. Right now Shiggy will almost absolutely still go for his "Screw you, I hate everything and burn it all down" schtick. But I do hope that Deku will try to find some level of connection due to their quirks. Also, this is the first time Deku's heard anything about Shigaraki being related to Nana. Just another awkward conversation to add to growing list that'll take place once this war is over.

It is a bit odd that Toga holds Deku and Ochako in such high regard. I get her infatuation with them, but she's only had a few interactions with them her and there, and they haven't exactly been reciprocating in her advances at any point. I hope that we'll get some elaboration on this in the coming chapters.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The revelation that AFO is haunted by the people whose quirk he's stolen makes me wonder two things. Will Shigaraki experience similar hauntings when he eventually goes to sleep, and when AFO put the copy of his own quirk within himself, did the hauntings go away for him? Like, did he reset himself.

I'd figure that was the case. There's always been this weird grouping within the fandom that just don't appreciate Deku because he's a Batman type character OR the type of character that just powers through all his obstacles. Like, I get that he's not for everybody, but I'm always annoyed when people aren't even trying to understand the character.

Right, OFA is a quirk that's been built up on the very idea of passing on the torch towards a united goal and help the next person in line and no matter how his views and feelings might've changed by all the things going down here, Deku will keep pursuing that goal because it's basically been his overall goal all along. AFO on the other is all about greed and taking everything for yourself. Shigaraki and AFO have similar goals, but they both want to be the one in control of it all. I wonder if Shigaraki will at some point try to kill the physical AFO if he's pushed to far. Right now Shiggy will almost absolutely still go for his "Screw you, I hate everything and burn it all down" schtick. But I do hope that Deku will try to find some level of connection due to their quirks. Also, this is the first time Deku's heard anything about Shigaraki being related to Nana. Just another awkward conversation to add to growing list that'll take place once this war is over.

It is a bit odd that Toga holds Deku and Ochako in such high regard. I get her infatuation with them, but she's only had a few interactions with them her and there, and they haven't exactly been reciprocating in her advances at any point. I hope that we'll get some elaboration on this in the coming chapters.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There's also the question of when exactly did AFO copy the quirk, considering Shigaraki has Search, I would assume they copied it pretty much immediately before the Kamino raid, so he would've had the copy just for that fight against All Might (which in hindsight is interesting to think how that fight is actually just between mere copies of One For All and All For One).

It feels like that Shonen MC curse where so many hate them for mostly arbitrary reasons over not being deserved to be the "main character". It's usually always the same complaints about him being too overly emotional, and then conflicting criticisms over being "too powerful" or "not powerful enough", etc. About how he either has no flaws, or his flaws are too annoying. Just always feels like making excuses to state why something is "bad" rather than just not being your thing.

Which also then leads to wonder of why All Might is hiding some info about the 4th user, and why OFA itself seems to be hiding the 2nd & 3rd. Even they have their secrets showing OFA has some disagreements amongst each other, but goes about it in a different way than the forcefulness with AFO. I do definitively believe if anyone's killing AFO in his original body, it's Shigaraki. I imagine just like Bakugo said, Midoryia will probably be fine with All Might keeping the Nana/Shigaraki connection a secret, but Bakugo's gonna be maaaaad.

I believe the reason she's attracted to Izuku and Ochaco particularly is because she was able to tell that they both had an infatuation with each other, moreso than any of the other students, and something she claims to have a familiar feeling with others (like Stain), so seeing this pure form of "love" makes her want to push herself onto them to understand this "love" better. Also she says she likes tattered up guys covered in blood the most, which Izuku almost always is whenever she sees him, so that's also where that attraction comes from.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    There's also the question of when exactly did AFO copy the quirk, considering Shigaraki has Search, I would assume they copied it pretty much immediately before the Kamino raid, so he would've had the copy just for that fight against All Might (which in hindsight is interesting to think how that fight is actually just between mere copies of One For All and All For One).

It feels like that Shonen MC curse where so many hate them for mostly arbitrary reasons over not being deserved to be the "main character". It's usually always the same complaints about him being too overly emotional, and then conflicting criticisms over being "too powerful" or "not powerful enough", etc. About how he either has no flaws, or his flaws are too annoying. Just always feels like making excuses to state why something is "bad" rather than just not being your thing.

Which also then leads to wonder of why All Might is hiding some info about the 4th user, and why OFA itself seems to be hiding the 2nd & 3rd. Even they have their secrets showing OFA has some disagreements amongst each other, but goes about it in a different way than the forcefulness with AFO. I do definitively believe if anyone's killing AFO in his original body, it's Shigaraki. I imagine just like Bakugo said, Midoryia will probably be fine with All Might keeping the Nana/Shigaraki connection a secret, but Bakugo's gonna be maaaaad.

I believe the reason she's attracted to Izuku and Ochaco particularly is because she was able to tell that they both had an infatuation with each other, moreso than any of the other students, and something she claims to have a familiar feeling with others (like Stain), so seeing this pure form of "love" makes her want to push herself onto them to understand this "love" better. Also she says she likes tattered up guys covered in blood the most, which Izuku almost always is whenever she sees him, so that's also where that attraction comes from.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    More remnant of One For All rather than a copy, but yeah that's quite neat. That big final battle was with versions of the quirks that weren't at their "true" power. So it works wonders as an indication of what we can expect when it does become time for the real final battle between them.

Yeah, a lot of it is just complaining for the sake of complaining. Alas, such is much of the internet discourse in general. Oh well, I love our poofy haired dork MC who can turn into a feral rage monster MC. He's neat.

We mentioned before how there are certain elements to OFA that could be considered sinister if viewed a bit differently. These mysteries with the previous holders add to that, at the same time we've seen that it is a quirk that's very much used for good, unlike AFO which is basically just evil to the core, so the influence of the user plays a big part and I really want to dive into just who the other holders were and what kind of intentions they had when they were chosen. The idea of Shigaraki killing AFO reminds me of my favourite chapter of Soul Eater wherein Medusa gets Chrona to kill her just so her descent into madness can be taken to the next limit. I wonder if AFO has something planned for that eventually it too. Bakugo being mad for Deku's sake would be pretty cool to see.

That makes sense, she kinda wants to butt in on the connection that Izuku and Ochako share and be part of it. Which gells with her whole "become the one she loves" bit. And yeah, Toga gets off on seeing Deku mess himself up while Ochako wants to protect him from doing it, so there's a nice contrast there as well.
    end of spoilers

We get a new chapter slightly earlier this week, though we also got a two week wait for next

spoilers:
    A plane makes its way towards Gigantomachia's rampage as a mysterious figure onboard goads them to hurry up. As the heroes continue to try and evacuate the civilians in the way of his stampede, the League views everything through Skeptic's laptop and satellites to try and plan ahead. Compress notices Uraraka and Tsuyu among the heroes, leaving Toga to quickly suit up and head out to see them and ask her question. Compress tries to talk her out of it, while Spinner tells her to do what she feels is right, but to come back to them.

Uraraka and Tsuyu pull and carry civilians out of the destroyed buildings, when an old woman shows up asking for help with her husband. Uraraka follows her into an alleyway, saying she'll save him, as the woman reveals herself to be Toga and hides in an abandoned building. She manages to corner Uraraka, saying how cute she is and asking what she would like to do to her. Uraraka angrily asks why she took the blood/killed that woman all just to ask her that, and states that she will fight to save everyone, and if Toga stands in her way, she will fight and arrest her, as Toga looks on confused.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So firstly, we all know our mystery man here is Best Jeanist, especially given the huge collection of carbon fibres on board, so its good to see him finally coming into play again and getting confirmation Hawks did in fact just fake his death. Plus this gives a reason why it took him so long to show up, he was getting prepared, and another possible way for Machia to be stopped, or at least slowed down some more. (Now we just need to know where Monoma's group is)

And then everything with Toga just keeps being really interesting. Thinking on it, I don't believe she really cares about what the heroes do, and is primarily just focused on what Izuku and Ochaco feel, that this is all just an excuse to get close to her again rather than gaining any confirmation. Especially since Uraraka has pretty much given the exact right response, "I want to save everyone, if you try to stop me from doing that, I'll arrest you". There's also that moment when she realizes Toga killed the old woman just to ask her the question, and thinks back to Nighteye mostly dead in her arms, so you have these two girls basically acting due to grief, but while one is trying to help people more in response, the other is just hurting more. Now it's just left to wonder if Toga finally realizes if she'll get what she want from her, and if she's satisfied enough.
    end of spoilers

We get a new chapter slightly earlier this week, though we also got a two week wait for next

spoilers:
    A plane makes its way towards Gigantomachia's rampage as a mysterious figure onboard goads them to hurry up. As the heroes continue to try and evacuate the civilians in the way of his stampede, the League views everything through Skeptic's laptop and satellites to try and plan ahead. Compress notices Uraraka and Tsuyu among the heroes, leaving Toga to quickly suit up and head out to see them and ask her question. Compress tries to talk her out of it, while Spinner tells her to do what she feels is right, but to come back to them.

Uraraka and Tsuyu pull and carry civilians out of the destroyed buildings, when an old woman shows up asking for help with her husband. Uraraka follows her into an alleyway, saying she'll save him, as the woman reveals herself to be Toga and hides in an abandoned building. She manages to corner Uraraka, saying how cute she is and asking what she would like to do to her. Uraraka angrily asks why she took the blood/killed that woman all just to ask her that, and states that she will fight to save everyone, and if Toga stands in her way, she will fight and arrest her, as Toga looks on confused.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So firstly, we all know our mystery man here is Best Jeanist, especially given the huge collection of carbon fibres on board, so its good to see him finally coming into play again and getting confirmation Hawks did in fact just fake his death. Plus this gives a reason why it took him so long to show up, he was getting prepared, and another possible way for Machia to be stopped, or at least slowed down some more. (Now we just need to know where Monoma's group is)

And then everything with Toga just keeps being really interesting. Thinking on it, I don't believe she really cares about what the heroes do, and is primarily just focused on what Izuku and Ochaco feel, that this is all just an excuse to get close to her again rather than gaining any confirmation. Especially since Uraraka has pretty much given the exact right response, "I want to save everyone, if you try to stop me from doing that, I'll arrest you". There's also that moment when she realizes Toga killed the old woman just to ask her the question, and thinks back to Nighteye mostly dead in her arms, so you have these two girls basically acting due to grief, but while one is trying to help people more in response, the other is just hurting more. Now it's just left to wonder if Toga finally realizes if she'll get what she want from her, and if she's satisfied enough.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Didn't think of Best Jeanist but it makes sense.

The Toga stuff is really interesting, and it should be interesting to see if she gets the answer she's looking for
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Depending on how well whatever Best Jeanist pulls off here works I wonder if he doesn't just go shoot up even further in the hero rankings. And you gotta wonder how many of the pro heroes know about him coming in like this, or maybe this was a spur of the moment thing when he saw how bad everything was going.

Toga seems disappointed that Ochako considers them meeting up for a talk to be unimportant in the current situation. Like she's getting an inkling that she's way more into this "friendship" than Ochako is. It's about priorities, Ochako is here as Uravity to save people and uses what she considers a failure on her part to push herself harder. Toga wants a pick me up by talking with a friend after another friend died, all the chaos and terror around her being of secondary concern. It will be interesting to see how Toga reacts to this revelation that they're not on the same wavelength.

Further, I'm so proud of Ochako. She's in the middle of a disaster and she's handling herself like a pro. Taking charge when it's required, reacting to sudden like saving people when a massive piece of debris comes flying towards them (those cables were a brilliant addition) and just generally keeping a cool head. She's come so far and I love it, now she just needs to kick Toga's ass!

I kinda loved the little scenes of camaraderie we got with the LoV members. Compress informing Toga about Ochako and Tsuyu's presence becaue he knew that was important to her, Toga's stupidly cute reaction and Spinner's little speech to her. They are a twisted found family and I love them for it. That's the reason why they're one of my favourite villain groups in manga/comics period. Of course Dabi' also there being shady now that we know how little he truly cares for them all, and Sceptic is fun too. They have a great dynamic.
    end of spoilers