Default Bizarro, villain or tragic figure?

I have always found this character intriguing. Even Seinfeld mentions him in his show lol. I don't think he has been done in live action, Or has he?

I think he has the potential to become an interesting adversary for Superman in a film, or TV. I'm not sure I want him to be truly evil and unstoppable like Doomsday. Bizarro should have some level of intelligence and conscience. He could start as a poorer copy of Superman (created by Lex), but still powerful enough to cause chaos. I would like an story in which Superman somehow convinces him (at least for a while) that he shouldn't hurt innocent people.

I'd like to see him as a more tragic figure than just evil. And he should also talk in his own particular style. Maybe using the third person every time he talks? Yoda talks in reverse sort of. Bizarro should only use short sentences because he isn't very smart.

Thoughts?

Kon93

I like the backward guy and deteriorating clone also.i dont mind there being 2 versions of bizarro at the same time at all.i like that there is a planet where everyone is backwards versions,and I would use that sparingly.the deteriorating clone should be around as lexs 1st attempt to clone superman,which will be the reason why lex made SB a hybrid,and why YJ TV shows lex did both the hybrid and stopped his aging,because a aging SB would turn into a bizzaro,like earth ME,the just showed.the clone bizarro could and should be used a lot,either as lexs creation,Jason and Artemis friend,or SBs older messed up brother.

Tragic figure, who occasionally gets manipulated or just loses his temper and becomes a villain....until he calms down or finds out the real bad guys played him.

Bizarro is one of the most interesting, dynamic, and tragically misunderstood characters in the Superverse, and he's got more range as a character than most.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I have always found this character intriguing. Even Seinfeld mentions him in his show lol. I don't think he has been done in live action, Or has he?

I think he has the potential to become an interesting adversary for Superman in a film, or TV. I'm not sure I want him to be truly evil and unstoppable like Doomsday. Bizarro should have some level of intelligence and conscience. He could start as a poorer copy of Superman (created by Lex), but still powerful enough to cause chaos. I would like an story in which Superman somehow convinces him (at least for a while) that he shouldn't hurt innocent people.

I'd like to see him as a more tragic figure than just evil. And he should also talk in his own particular style. Maybe using the third person every time he talks? Yoda talks in reverse sort of. Bizarro should only use short sentences because he isn't very smart.

Thoughts?
    Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth had a clone Bizarro that Jason Todd and Artemis Grace basically adopted. Some really good stuff with him there if you haven't read it.

The final arc of Tomasi’s Superman run, Bizarroverse, is one of the best Bizarro stories ever in my mind, because there he’s both tragic victim and villain.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I know there was a Bizzaro episode in the 80's Superboy show and Smallville.

22cfe287eb8951fe2ba675652ed5723b.jpg

I've always been a fan of 'equal but opposite' types of nemesis characters. Sinestro, Venom, Reverse Flash and of Course Bizzaro. The types of characters where it takes more than Powers to beat them... because they have the same powers that the hero does.

Bizarro is strange character. I like him to be the 'bad guy'. He should be the opposite of Superman in every way, but I don't need him to be straight up EVIL like Zod. Backwards thinking is the best version for me. The one who destroys instead of builds, hurts because he think it helps, Trying to be the best Superman he can be by being the worst Superman possible. And yeah... I LOOOOOVE Bizarro world

Failed Clones just seem like a weak version. They didn't really let him grow. It was always a case of him getting destroyed and then building a new one... that's not nearly as fun.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

When I was a kid that tv Bizarro both creeped me out and made me laugh... so I guess that's my understanding. Maybe tragic or a villain, but not necessarily either. I don't like to feel sorry for him, if you frame it as a mental handicap it suddenly isn't fun. But villainy doesn't work the same in his brain. At most the malicious actions are simply doing good in reverse. So mischievous is more apt imo. That is... causing or showing a fondness for helping in a harmful way. Bizarro is funny and makes you scratch your head.

As a kid I thought Bizarro came from Bizarro world. I'd have liked that a lot better. Maybe that's in part because Bizarro Jerry and his group were so hilarious to me. Now it's why I would specify that Bizarro and the Bizarro concept are two separate but equally rich things. It's probably the difference between Al Beezer from A.Bizarro and the recent Bizarro mini series, which I did check out but mostly missed due to comic budgeting. I'd recommend both from what I read though.

As a henchman... eh. The physical threat is cool as an extension of his mindset, but pretty boring if it's a slugfest on the checklist.

I wish they ironed out his speech pattern and stuck to it. It's like playing a game where the rules keep changing. Which is sort of the point but I never get the impression that the execution is intentional. And speaking of games, the Pokemon Malamar has a signature move called Topsy Turvy and it's really the closest thing to playing as Bizarro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth had a clone Bizarro that Jason Todd and Artemis Grace basically adopted. Some really good stuff with him there if you haven't read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The final arc of Tomasi’s Superman run, Bizarroverse, is one of the best Bizarro stories ever in my mind, because there he’s both tragic victim and villain.
    thank you guys. Thank you all for the additional info on the character in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

I wish they ironed out his speech pattern and stuck to it. It's like playing a game where the rules keep changing. Which is sort of the point but I never get the impression that the execution is intentional. And speaking of games, the Pokemon Malamar has a signature move called Topsy Turvy and it's really the closest thing to playing as Bizarro.
    I agree. Bizarro definitely should speak in a very distinctive way. I remember as a kid all my cousins and kids in general knew who Bizarro was. He was famous as a evil Superman.