• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3498 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 249829983398344834883494349534963497349834993500350135023508 ... LastLast
Results 52,456 to 52,470 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    What new stuff about Ororo is Marvel giving us to talk about? The only thing we see coming out of Marvel is Storm being scaled back for Jean.
    I haven't liked much of what Marvel has done with Ororo for many moons, now. But at the end of the day this is the Storm appreciation thread, not the bitch about what they aren't doing with Storm thread. Celebrate her old stories, or invent your own new content if you must, but I am tired of seeing all this crap about Jean in here.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I haven't liked much of what Marvel has done with Ororo for many moons, now. But at the end of the day this is the Storm appreciation thread, not the bitch about what they aren't doing with Storm thread. Celebrate her old stories, or invent your own new content if you must, but I am tired of seeing all this crap about Jean in here.
    Here! Here! sometimes we sound like Nina Simone's song the other woman.

the precedent has already been set there is nothing that can be done about how Ororo will be used in X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Haha. One of my favorite artists for Ororo for sure.
    He's definitely one of the best modern Storm artists. It's like Silvestri's Storm.

Loved his and Claremont's run back in the day. Here's an unpublished image of Logan, Ororo, and Brian, censored for smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    everyone doesnt know how it was marketed. yea people who follow solicits and stuff maybe, but someone who happens to go to the comicbook store and see xmen red they will assume it's a book about the xmen. not a book that has jean doing everything at the expense of other characters.
    then thats on the reader. It literally is described as being about Jean in the description of the recap page of every issue as seen in the pic I posted

Spectacular Member

I didn't read those interviews. Anyway, Marvel is learning its lesson with the rapid sales drop on this title even with other popular characters on the roster. Jean's character doesn't connect with too many fans no matter how well she is written. They need to start focusing on Storm, whom they know goes over well with readers when she is done right.
    I get it, I to wish Storm was used better, but I don't wish a book to tank just because my favorite character isn't getting all the spotlight or being used to the best of her abilities, people are enjoying the book so why would I want to take that away from them?

People who are enjoying the book...Great! People who are not enjoying the book...Great! no need to read it or complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    I get it, I to wish Storm was used better, but I don't wish a book to tank just because my favorite character isn't getting all the spotlight or being used to the best of her abilities, people are enjoying the book so why would I want to take that away from them?

People who are enjoying the book...Great! People who are not enjoying the book...Great! no need to read it or complain about it.
    bc he hates Jean and hates seeing her getting this level of focus. By his own admission, he hasnt even bought a single issue but that hasnt stopped the complaining...

He's definitely one of the best modern Storm artists. It's like Silvestri's Storm.

Loved his and Claremont's run back in the day. Here's an unpublished image of Logan, Ororo, and Brian, censored for smoking.

whats the context behind this? Was that supposed to be in an old issue of Uncanny?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I agree but I think it's fair to express frustrations especially when it's relevant to current solicits or issues that are released. These conversations are not incessant meant to trash her and only pop up when Ororo has been lowballed relative to Jean. The latest discussion is based upon those solicits. All in all, I think it's acceptable to have these conversations of frustrations because if not here then where?

And even in the BP book, she only makes guest-appearances, so it's not like we can count on that book every month for Storm since it is not her title. Then, in FF, there are likely concerns that you and I have already pointed out with the oversized team and Crystal being on there. Not to mention, with Hulk being in the book, it may prove to be too much of a temptation for the writer to have him steal the show from everybody. Finally, in the Gold story, it's going to be about that hammer, which I don't care about as all it does is diminish Ororo's true power.
    Agreed. The Xoffices are not doing enough to promote Ororo and unfortunately I don't see that changing. With Jean being back, and soon Logan, I imagine this treatment will only get worse in the Xbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    poor Nakia indeed, the girl is aging fast lol! she is probably walking all over NY singing Mario's "Braid my hair C'mon and braid my hair"
    LMFAO!! I wonder what it was about Tchalla that has her so gone like Monica sung about back in the day. I can see it now:

**Knock knock***

Tchalla: Who is it?

Violins play and door busts open.

Nakia: Listen boy I'ma rowdy chick
    Sometimes I have to fight cause my mouth too slick
    Baby why you doin' me like I ain't worth shit
    Make me wanna ride past your house and sit
    Kick down your doors and smack your chick
    Just to show you Nakia not havin' that

Tchalla stands with blank stare lololol..

Attachment 68649
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-24-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This is beauty-full!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    bc he hates Jean and hates seeing her getting this level of focus. By his own admission, he hasnt even bought a single issue but that hasnt stopped the complaining...
    I don't hate Jean.. not even by a long shot. However, I do recognize the stuff Rut has been saying in regards to how Ororo would be treated with her and Jean being on the same team. That much has been very true regardless of his admission or not. That then is probably the only thing I hate about Jean, is that a writer can't show Jean being great while also showing Ororo being great. That is my biggest issue.

I really wanted this book to do well because I thought it would do what Gold couldn't, which was show a team working together effectively as such. I have not gotten that from Red unfortunately at this point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't hate Jean.. not even by a long shot. However, I do recognize the stuff Rut has been saying in regards to how Ororo would be treated with her and Jean being on the same team. That much has been very true regardless of his admission or not. That then is probably the only thing I hate about Jean, is that a writer can't show Jean being great while also showing Ororo being great. That is my biggest issue.

I really wanted this book to do well because I thought it would do what Gold couldn't, which was show a team working together effectively as such. I have not gotten that from Red unfortunately at this point.
    Not you. You werent the poster quoted

Niffleheim

LMFAO!! I wonder what it was about Tchalla that has her so gone like Monica sung about back in the day. I can see it now:

**Knock knock***

Tchalla: Who is it?

Violins play and door busts open.

Nakia: Listen boy I'ma rowdy chick
    Sometimes I have to fight cause my mouth too slick
    Baby why you doin' me like I ain't worth shit
    Make me wanna ride past your house and sit
    Kick down your doors and smack your chick
    Just to show you Nakia not havin' that

Tchalla stands with blank stare lololol..
    Nnedi is really leaning in to this stalkerish Nakia, i wonder if her goal is redemption for the character?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Nnedi is really leaning in to this stalkerish Nakia, i wonder if her goal is redemption for the character?
    I would hope so because this creepy Nakia is NOT a good look at all. Like I don't know much of her backstory but why is she popping up now of all times? Is it because she is dying? I hope by the end of this Tchalla gives her something that will cure her and she lets go o f the crazy.

Not you. You werent the poster quoted
    Oh yea. I know. I am just saying that the criticism isn't solely coming from a place of hating Jean.

whats the context behind this? Was that supposed to be in an old issue of Uncanny?
    Yes, it's an unused page from the early 00's Coipel and Claremont run of Uncanny, just before House of M and just before Storm was married off to BP.

BANNED

Your statement is missing a lot of facts and context.

1) The reason I hate Jean is because of what Marvel does to Storm everytime she and Jean are put on the same team. They write Storm down to prop Jean up. This has been an unbroken pattern for decades, and I'm sick of it.

2) I have stated repeatedly that Marvel should write both Storm AND Jean well. The reason they don't, however, is because Storm is a threat to the primacy of Jean Grey. Marvel prefers Jean, but readers by and large prefer a well-written Storm over a well-written Jean, hence we get this decades-old pattern of scaling back Ororo whenever she is put on the same team as Jean Grey.

3) While I have not bought a single issue of Red, I have read every single issue for free, so, I know what is going on in that title. If Marvel wants me to buy the book, then they need to write Storm well and have her do some great stuff in there. Marvel's fallacy is they are trying to pin all hopes of the book's success on Jean's character, and the book is sinking faster than the Titanic because no matter how well she is written (and Jean is being written very well in the title), Jean has never connected well with nearly enough readers to maintain high sales.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-24-2018 at 01:17 PM.