Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

They might have a point, too much guest starring in this arc may not be that good but as long the Outlaws are the center of the storm, the rest will play throught their actions, not the other way around.

Oh and Caivu, I guess the better word for Luke would be bland. To me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Never
    Well to me he hasn't failed so...

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    They might have a point, too much guest starring in this arc may not be that good but as long the Outlaws are the center of the storm, the rest will play throught their actions, not the other way around.
    Yeah. Maybe that's why I didn't care whether or not Kate and Jason has any meaningful interaction. Even with the big guest ensemble, we still have more Bizarro, more Jason/Artemis bantering, the letter, fight scene where Jason did awesome. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Still. All the guest starrings are indeed very sudden. If it's a result of RHATO having new editor or potentially moving to different office, this is something to worry about maybe.

BANNED

Likely the later, the Office change. It is too sudden. But Loedbell might also have felt that someone as powerful and intelligent as Bizarro making waves would naturally attract other big players. Especially since the Underworld is keeping their distance to the Outlaws.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Still. All the guest starrings are indeed very sudden. If it's a result of RHATO having new editor or potentially moving to different office, this is something to worry about maybe.
    Yep. However since guest starrings dont happen quite that often, at least there wont be another one from TEC for a good while and honestly this issue was okay anyway, I personally still enjoyed it. Nightwing has already starred, and now the squad will. Just hope we can skip a BOP or TT inclusion as well.

But so far, one down, one to go, next up is the suicide squad. I hope they were actually more integral to Lobdells story for Biz, I mean their guest roles are spanning across a whole arc, one would think that was a writers intension and not editorial mandate right? If it is the office hopefully he can still deliver, this issue was good so I'm still hopeful.
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-11-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yep. However since guest starrings dont happen quite that often, at least there be another one from TEC for a good while and honestly this issue didnt out okay anyway, I personally still enjoyed it. Nightwing has already starred, and now the squad will. Just hope we can skip a BOP or TT inclusion as well.

But so far, one down, one to go, next up is the suicide squad. I hope they were actually more integral to Lobdells story for Biz, I mean their guest roles are spanning across a whole arc, one would think that was a writers intension and not editorial mandate right? If it is the office hopefully he can still deliver, this issue was good so I'm still hopeful.
    Sure, I still enjoyed this issue very much. All thanks to Lobdell still managed to keep this a story about the Outlaws.

Optimistically if RHATO starts inviting more players, then the reverse would be more likely to happen. But yeah, please skip BOP/Batgirl/TT. Batman as well but that's too much to ask I suppose.

Always Rakzo

Decent read. Thought that the actions from the cast from Detective Comics were a bit forced but the main characters got solid portrayals and the plot progresses adequately, although it felt a bit light in content.

Soy's art was spectacular once again.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Definitely not one of Lobdell's finest issues. Even if the Outlaws didn't job as blatantly as I had feared, the whole facing was forced and the entire of the 'Tec team came out looking like a bunch of jerks. Clearly their appearance was rushed since Lobdell have been able to write a lot better other guest appearances in the past. Like the whole thing would've been avoided if Kate would've been assed to check up with Bruce or to you know, try to properly contact the Outlaws instead of abducting Bizarro and the fact that Kate decides to turn them up to Waller is the cherry on the top of a pretty crappy cake. Seriously, what the hell Kate?

I wasn't against the Bat family showing up on the book but if they will act like idiots every time they show up, then they better don't show at all.

Yeah. Maybe that's why I didn't care whether or not Kate and Jason has any meaningful interaction. Even with the big guest ensemble, we still have more Bizarro, more Jason/Artemis bantering, the letter, fight scene where Jason did awesome. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Likely the later, the Office change. It is too sudden. But Loedbell might also have felt that someone as powerful and intelligent as Bizarro making waves would naturally attract other big players. Especially since the Underworld is keeping their distance to the Outlaws.
    It's actually more of DC editorial as whole thing, than the office change. DC characters have been appearing a lot in each other's books in the last few months which an obvious strategy to get fans to try books their favourites guest starring in (how many of you picked up Trinity just because of the outlaws appearing in it?).

The issue was pretty decent, I personally never wanted Jason to be isolated from the rest of the DCU and don't mind guest stars from time to time. So, I'm ok with this and can't wait for the squad next because it has potential to be really fun arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It's actually more of DC editorial as whole thing, than the office change. DC characters have been appearing a lot in each other's books in the last few months which an obvious strategy to get fans to try books their favourites guest starring in (how many of you picked up Trinity just because of the outlaws appearing in it?).

The issue was pretty decent, I personally never wanted Jason to be isolated from the rest of the DCU and don't mind guest stars from time to time. So, I'm ok with this and can't wait for the squad next because it has potential to be really fun arc.
    It's a hard act to juggle, between characterization and making sure the other team has a legit reason to be there. Even as fun as this issue is, I think the consensus is that the Tec' team could be better written, and that their resolution to call Amanda Waller instead of Batman is a headscatcher. If this is a problem everytime a guest team joins, then it knocks the quality of the book down a few pegs.

It's a hard act to juggle, between characterization and making sure the other team has a legit reason to be there. Even as fun as this issue is, I think the consensus is that the Tec' team could be better written, and that their resolution to call Amanda Waller instead of Batman is a headscatcher. If this is a problem everytime a guest team joins, then it knocks the quality of the book down a few pegs.
    It's impossible to have a decent characterization of five characters in just one issue. Lobdell didn't seem like he wanted tec in since he even cut off Kate from #14, but the squad is in for more than one issue which is good enough for him to do a fun story with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It's impossible to have a decent characterization of five characters in just one issue. Lobdell didn't seem like he wanted tec in since he even cut off Kate from #14, but the squad is in for more than one issue which is good enough for him to do a fun story with them.
    That brings another point, editorial dictate and writer's reluctance. It has never gone well in RHATO v1 and RH/A.

That said, if Lobdell has plan to use the Suicide Squad, then I'm looking forward to it, and also hope he references the Harley being Jason's psychiatrist thing from before.

That brings another point, editorial dictate and writer's reluctance. It has never gone well in RHATO v1 and RH/A.
    I thought the court of owls crossover was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I thought the court of owls crossover was pretty decent.
    Oops forgot that one. Too busy being salty about half the RH/A run.

Though I remember in RHATOv1 they were supposed to have this face-off with Deathstroke, that ultimately scrapped because of events. Who knows it could have been awesome.