Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    That brings another point, editorial dictate and writer's reluctance. It has never gone well in RHATO v1 and RH/A.

That said, if Lobdell has plan to use the Suicide Squad, then I'm looking forward to it, and also hope he references the Harley being Jason's psychiatrist thing from before.
    Editorial will always be involved no matter what, be it comics or manga. Writers and fans need to learn to deal with it since they are necessary even if they sometimes make good decisions and other times they don't.
    Last edited by Rise; 10-11-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Editorial will always be involved no matter what, be it comics or manga. Writers and fans need to learn to deal with it since they are necessary even if they sometimes make good decisions and other times they don't.
    I don't disagree. I do think editorial has played a role to make Rebirth RHATO this good. RHATOv1 and RH/A had it worse though.

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Really Lobdell, that's how you're going to play this one? I love Red Hood, but I hate the constant little mentions that he was once a Robin and part of that little circle. The whole Detective team just seemed out of character here in general. I am curious as to what exactly Bizarro is up to and if the next issue is going to be a complete mess with the Outlaws, Detective Team, and Suicide Squad in one issue.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    Really Lobdell, that's how you're going to play this one? I love Red Hood, but I hate the constant little mentions that he was once a Robin and part of that little circle.
    Wow I didn't even notice it.

The whole Detective team just seemed out of character here in general.
    Other than being a mite on the aggressive side and the whole calling Waller thing, I didn't think so.

I am curious as to what exactly Bizarro is up to and if the next issue is going to be a complete mess with the Outlaws, Detective Team, and Suicide Squad in one issue.
    I don't think the 'Tec team will be in the next issue at all unless it's to hand off the Outlaws to Waller.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

Really Lobdell, that's how you're going to play this one? I love Red Hood, but I hate the constant little mentions that he was once a Robin and part of that little circle. The whole Detective team just seemed out of character here in general. I am curious as to what exactly Bizarro is up to and if the next issue is going to be a complete mess with the Outlaws, Detective Team, and Suicide Squad in one issue.
    Wait what do you mean? He's never not going to be a part of that circle. That said the issue as a whoel was meh.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I liked the issue myself and I knew there was something more then just the 'Tec team throwing the Outlaws in Belle Reve and throwing away the key. Bizarro's story continues to be heartbreaking and it really tugs at the heartstrings. I'm very worried about Biz actually because he keeps talking about his "baser instincts" and how he is holding them in check. To me that just sounds ominous since it was Luther who "adjusted" him. Also it does seem that Jason's father really did care for his mother and for him contrary to what Jason might think. I find that interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. The fight was well handled with no one getting nerfed here so I was happy about that. The art was, as always, top notch.

I did however have one major complaint about this issue and it's something that really bothers me even hours later. Kate's characterization felt way off to me although to be honest I'm not at all current on her characterization in 'Tec since I'm not reading it. The last book I read with her in it was the N52 Batwoman book and the two characterizations just don't sync up to me at all. They really don't sync up with her characterization in what little of 'Tec I read either, or at least to me they don't. She acts like she doesn't know why Batman has allowed Jason and his team to continue to exist and she treats them with disrespect on top of that with that line about "the grown up are talking Jason". I'm really hoping this is some kind of act on her part because otherwise she's just being a bitch here and she seems not to know things that she, as the one in charge of the 'Tec team, should know. Neither are a good look on any character. I really came away from this hating her too and that's also really bad. (I'm really hoping that the fact that Basil was working on his "acting" is a subtle hint that Kate is also "acting" here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Oh and Caivu, I guess the better word for Luke would be bland. To me at least.
    Yeah, I don't really care for Luke either to be honest. His character was ruined for me because of the way the writers of the Batwing book handled the transition between David and Luke so I've never liked him. I didn't care for him here either.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 10-11-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

David was 10x times the character Luke is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    You got that right. I loved David and everything about the Batwing title while he was in it. I thought it was a very unique book with a unique voice and all of that was lost when they decided to move the focus of the book to Gotham and switched out David for Luke.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

True 10char.

Also out of curiousity, for those of you who are regular readers of 'Tec I have a question. What kinds of tech did the Colony have? I've no idea myself since I don't read the book but I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on what this tech that Waller and Biz are after might be.

Super futurist, or at least i think that is supposed to be that, bit i don't remwnber explained, they are just very advanced because.... reasons, honestly i doubt that Tynion put much thougth into it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Also out of curiousity, for those of you who are regular readers of 'Tec I have a question. What kinds of tech did the Colony have? I've no idea myself since I don't read the book but I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on what this tech that Waller and Biz are after might be.
    It's at least 10 years more advanced than present-day DCU tech, and includes some kind of extraterrestrial components. Their airships are the exact same model used by the Colony in the bad future, so it's possible they're time-displaced.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I did however have one major complaint about this issue and it's something that really bothers me even hours later. Kate's characterization felt way off to me although to be honest I'm not at all current on her characterization in 'Tec since I'm not reading it. The last book I read with her in it was the N52 Batwoman book and the two characterizations just don't sync up to me at all. They really don't sync up with her characterization in what little of 'Tec I read either, or at least to me they don't.
    What do you think doesn't sync up? Her calling Waller is the only thing questionable that I can see.

She acts like she doesn't know why Batman has allowed Jason and his team to continue to exist and she treats them with disrespect on top of that with that line about "the grown up are talking Jason".
    I don't think she was being literal with that first part. She's just needling Jason and Artemis, since they barged in on the Belfry with weapons drawn. To me, the implication of what she's saying is "I don't know why Batman keeps you around, because you're too hotheaded."

Same deal with the second line. Kate's generally dismissive of people she doesn't respect, and in that moment at least, she doesn't have much for Jason.

and she seems not to know things that she, as the one in charge of the 'Tec team, should know.
    Like what?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Same deal with the second line. Kate's generally dismissive of people she doesn't respect, and in that moment at least, she doesn't have much for Jason.
    Jupp she was also not particularly nice towards Luke when he joined the team or towards Huntress during Convergence (Ok she thought that Huntress was sleeping with Renee, but that also shows that how poorly she is informed about the other Bats).

She is probably next to Damian (and depending on the writer Tim) one of the most arrogant Batfamily members. And honestly I find this a little wired since she is imo still one of the least experienced members and if you look at her lost year also hardly perfect.