Page 130 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You forgot the vacuum dude!
    The vacuum? Which issue is that again? Drawing a blank lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Point of order. The solar flare is Tiens' technique. lol

I'll take an updated Sky Bike.
    Ah yes my mistake, krillin had the Destructo disc... Which I wouldn't also be opposed to see Tchalla whip that out as an upgraded energy dagger setting lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Damn.. come on y'all, remember T'Challas word's. One tribe
    Forget that kumbaya mess T'challa was spouting.

The real world doesn't run like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The vacuum? Which issue is that again? Drawing a blank lol

Ah yes my mistake, krillin had the Destructo disc... Which I wouldn't also be opposed to see Tchalla whip that out as an upgraded energy dagger setting lol
    oops meant fire extinguisher lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The world would have eaten Wakanda alive if previous Black Panther's had T'Challa's milquetoast kumbaya attitude.

The only mistake T'chaka made was in killing his brother (who he could have ably disarmed) and then going on to compound the issue by abandoning his nephew to fend for himself in a hostile environment.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 02-14-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The world would have eaten Wakanda alive if previous Black Panther's had T'Challa's milquetoast kumbaya attitude.
    If they would have not been isolated, it is more likely they became conquerors and imperialist, not conquered and eaten alive.

They had the technological superiority in addition to a superhuman (which, through MCU history, was rare).

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The only mistake T'challa made was in killing his brother (who he could have ably disarmed) and then going on to compound the issue by abandoning his nephew to fend for himself in a hostile environment.
    You mean Tchaka?

If he had gone home, he would have been executed anyway. People died in that explosion Klaue set off

I think Tchalla was just saying what people wanted to hear. Not much progress was made in sharing by Infinity War. Only person to benefit was Stark. Got his new armor.

You mean Tchaka?

If he had gone home, he would have been executed anyway. People died in that explosion Klaue set off

I think Tchalla was just saying what people wanted to hear. Not much progress was made in sharing by Infinity War. Only person to benefit was Stark. Got his new armor.
    The biggest gain in opening up Wakanda I think was making Wakanda available as an asset against Thanos and his forces. Of course they still lost... but in principal it still gave earth the best possible shot at stopping Thanos. And presumably Wakanda and its resources will be of some assistance in fixing everything too.

BANNED

If they would have not been isolated, it is more likely they became conquerors and imperialist, not conquered and eaten alive.

They had the technological superiority in addition to a superhuman (which, through MCU history, was rare).
    Are we talking about the same 10'000 year old civilization that were quite content to remain hidden without even a hint of imperialism in all that time?

They had created a technologically and spiritually self sufficient nation for themselves that did not need anything other than to be left alone by the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The biggest gain in opening up Wakanda I think was making Wakanda available as an asset against Thanos and his forces. Of course they still lost... but in principal it still gave earth the best possible shot at stopping Thanos. And presumably Wakanda and its resources will be of some assistance in fixing everything too.
    In other words, no real change. Nothing happened in that fight the required the country to be open. All that happened was Cap took his team to a place he had been to when it was closed off and was welcome to return.

Are we talking about the same 10'000 year old civilization that were quite content to remain hidden without even a hint of imperialism in all that time?

They had created a technologically and spiritually self sufficient nation for themselves that did not need anything other than to be left alone by the outside world.
    Yes

But you changed the game by hypothetically saying "the world would have eaten Wakanda alive if previous Black Panther's had T'Challa's milquetoast kumbaya attitude."

If they would have been open, they wouldn't have been left alone. Their attitudes would have likely changed based on the fact nearly every other technologically advanced civilization had no problem going out their imperializing to the best of their abilities.

Ain't like they magically would have been content in a tiny ass country just because they are African. They would have formed alliances, had trade, had wars, ect just like everyone else.

oops meant fire extinguisher lol
    Ah ok. I remember that lol. Oh I forgot the celestial teleporter that he integrated Wakandan technology into

What comment?

I missed it.
    When Redjack had said Wakanda isn't Africa, Wakanda is Wakanda, I replied that was a silly interpretation of Wakanda. Which led to him trying to explain why Wakanda isn't African which led to others challenging that, which snowballed into the debate.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

In other words, no real change. Nothing happened in that fight the required the country to be open. All that happened was Cap took his team to a place he had been to when it was closed off and was welcome to return.
    Course, if T'Challa was anything like the previous BP's Cap probably wouldn't be able to do even that. So T'Challa being a different sort of king is proving advantageous to the Avengers, and ultimately I think that will translate to being advantageous to every living being in the universe. But we'll see... stories not over yet.

Unless Coogler has a specific story in mind, the only way we will see anyting about Wakanda being open is just random Vibranium name drops here and there.