Page 104 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Yeah your just wrong. Totally and completely wrong.
    Hah! I stand by my convictions! In the few issues we saw of Scramble, and the reasons for his madness - I saw more development than Jeffries entire run on Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yikes, Adam-X!
    But anyway, I do agree that Bochs got shafted when Madison sort of moved into his role, despite explicitly *not* being very technically-minded in his first appearance (and then being massively powered up from his initial power to make machinery emulate his own bodily functions and assume a humanoid robot form, to instead be able to create pretty much anything, including spaceships and giant spinny-wheels-o'-death with lasers and ****).
    Gosh, I miss Diamond Lil, too! 'Just invulnerable' is one of my favorite limited powersets, whether it be 'Diamond' Lillian Crawley, Pauli 'Omerta' Provenzano or DC's Laurel Kent.
    See - and that might be the stem of some of my dislike. I feel like Bochs was suddenly made out to be a bad guy, to oust him and give the new mantle to Jeffries. Boch's progression to being a "bad guy" was not paced out at all. And I feel like someone said, "I don't want to write about an overweight handcapped guy. Let's get rid of him." Rather than dealing with the irony that here's this guy, who gained so much more by being Box - complete movement of his limbs (and actually having legs!)

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    1. While I agree the relationship between Maidson and Heather was rushed but calling it "unnatural" is ridiculous as I found the two quite cute together. (Now I thinking about a AU in which the two never broke up and got married)
    2. That's the result of writers who don't understand his character as Jeffries is suppose to be an intelligent "One Robot Army Transforming Mecha" who brings a lot to team.
    3. No... That's just wrong NO!
    1. Madison was originally drawn "ugly" - as soon as the writer decided to pair him up, he was suddenly drawn more attractive. (Rogue did the same thing... look at UXM #158 then look at her now....) It was more marketable that way.
    2. I always read him as a mechanic kind of guy. Not to say mechanics are not smart, let's be clear. But he was more of a gadgets and gear guy, rather than a Reed Richards kind of guy.
    3. Yes. It's true. It's so true.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Sasquatch is set to be a supporting character in the new Immortal Hulk book.

I wouldn't hold my breath for much more news beyond that...
    And I'm so happy about it! My two favorite characters in one book, soon!

BANNED

Alpha Flight #7 Feb 1998
    Insides
    Department H is testing their new creations: living bio-energy Sentinels.

The Sentinels main purpose is to keep Alpha Flight in check.

The team is given a new mission. They are to hunt and retrieve Weapon X or better known to the Marvel Universe as Wolverine.

Script by Steve Seagle, pencils by Scott Clark, inks by Chris Carlson

^^^^^
    That's like a Rob Liefield level of background detail art.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Jeffries seems to have become a supporting character in the last issues of Bendis Iron Man before he moves to DC. He even wear an armor (that doesnt really look much like the Box armors of the past, he is the green robot in the middle).

jeffriesironman.jpg

I still think there is a high chance he may get killed, to give drama to these last issues (killing a D list character for drama is common), the other characters wearing armor (Tony Ho, Arno Stark, Riri) have no chance of getting killed. I hope it doesnt happen.
    The bad guys of the story are the Hood and the Wrecking Crew and some other d list villains, the last time Jeffries used his suit before this issue was Gage's House of M: Masters of Evil, in which Lionel and Madison are Latin American dictators, and they get killed by The Hood and the Wrecking Crew (+ some other d list human/sapiens villains). Bendis must have read that story.

House of M - Masters of Evil 003-012.jpg

Bendis must not know much about the character, Jeffries makes a comment that implies it's the first time he flies wearing an armor suit.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Steven T. Seagle!!!

Alpha Flight #8 Mar 1998
    The Weapon X Files
    After a training session with Wolverine synthoids, Heather is engulfed in a glowing glob and taken away;

Meanwhile, Sunfire's radiation poisoning is causing his condition to deteriorate;
    The glowing glob delivers Heather to a room at Department H where they mess around with her memories to keep her addled;

Mac briefs the Alphans with an incorrect version of Wolverine's (Weapon X) history;
    Puck, having remembered about Jefferies, runs to the briefing to find them watching a video showing Wolverine murdering Madison Jefferies.

Script by Steve Seagle http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....even_t_seagle/, pencils by Scott Clark, inks by Chris Carlson

Fantastic Member

How is she even standing right now? How is she even alive right now... that was a grenade they threw.
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 04-04-2018 at 11:57 AM.

How is she even standing right now? How is she even alive right now... that was a grenade they threw.
    Maybe it hit the hill and not them?

I am not sure how many of you used to post on AlphaFlight.net - but their forum had been having issues for YEARS now - and it looks like it finally crashed the entire site.

For those interested, I created a temp home until Ben (if?) fixes the site: http://alphaflight.boardhost.com/index.php

If I remember correctly, it wasn't an actual granade. That was a training exercise to show how "efficient" Heather's "New Alpha" was. The army wasn't using real ammo.

Peace

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    If I remember correctly, it wasn't an actual granade. That was a training exercise to show how "efficient" Heather's "New Alpha" was. The army wasn't using real ammo.

Peace
    She has blood on the back of her jacket, she even states that it was a just "flesh wound" I read the comic they were using real ammo. (yes it a training exercise but still)

She has blood on the back of her jacket, she even states that it was a just "flesh wound" I read the comic they were using real ammo. (yes it a training exercise but still)
    I have no idea where the comic is, but I recall it being for show (wasn't there a pain induction that makes Mankin panic untill he splits?). Well, since you've read it more recently, you must know better than me.

Peace

Fantastic Member

It been a while since someone last posted Fanart of Alpha Members and so I going commission a few

Here my first one Kara Killgrave AKA The Purple Girl.

Which members outside the original John Byne run you guys think I should do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I am not sure how many of you used to post on AlphaFlight.net - but their forum had been having issues for YEARS now - and it looks like it finally crashed the entire site.

For those interested, I created a temp home until Ben (if?) fixes the site: http://alphaflight.boardhost.com/index.php
    Yeah, that happened before, not even that long ago, iirc. I wonder if it's coming back this time.

Astonishing Member

When does the Champions book featuring Alpha Flight get released?