Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the first bowl of porridge was too hot

the second too cold

the 3rd bowl...
    This is a brilliant and fitting analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the first bowl of porridge was too hot

the second too cold

the 3rd bowl...
    ...was too lumpy.

And the 4th bowl wasn't lumpy enough.

The 5th bowl had too much sugar.

The 6th didn't have enough sugar.

And the 7th bowl is - ugh, still porridge? Why not Coco Pops?

And the 8th bowl is...Coco Pops? Nobody asked for Coco Pops! Give us porridge back!

And the 9th bowl is STILL TOO HOT

on and on unto infinity
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well that’s kinda a lackluster first wave if this is it for now. We just got Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Venom and some minis that are kinda lackluster. So they basically want to just give us most of the characters with/in movies and nothing of substance for this relaunch.
    Sentry, my dude.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

BANNED

Well that’s kinda a lackluster first wave if this is it for now. We just got Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Venom and some minis that are kinda lackluster. So they basically want to just give us most of the characters with/in movies and nothing of substance for this relaunch.
    Imagine the movies didn't exist.

Wouldn't Marvel still be putting an enormous emphasis on The Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Venom?

Wouldn't you expect them too? Wouldn't it completely weird and ridiculous for them not to?

It's not about giving us "most of the characters with/in movies", it's a publisher pushing most their iconic characters. If you don't want them publishing those characters, characters who have been the backbone of their universe for decades, who the fu*k do you think they should be focusing on instead?

Given that pretty much every major Marvel character already is or eventually will be on the big screen, it's pretty freaking hard to avoid publishing books with characters who also appear in the movies. And why would they even want to avoid that? Just to placate a few fans looking for something to complain about who want to bitch that "Oh, of course Marvel's pushing The Avengers because of the movies." No, they're pushing The Avengers because it's the The Avengers. At what point was that book not a priority for Marvel? Before the MCU was a gleam in anyone's eye, Marvel always made sure The Avengers was a special, pivotal title in their line-up.

Yes, it's cool when they can give attention to less prominent characters. And with books like The Sentry and Domino and others yet to come, I'm sure, they will continue to do so but if you don't think books like The Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Venom are anything of "substance," maybe you just aren't particularly interested in Marvel in the first place. At the very least, it's a bit ridiculous to look at those books and slag Marvel with "Ugh, why are they publishing those books?" Like, movies or no movies, in what scenario would they not be publishing those titles?

^^^ Co-signed!!

Nothing interesting so far. All is extremely boring, lackluster and uninspired. Seems that already established books like Champions, Moon Girl or Runaways are more "Fresh" than the announced snoozefest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    It feels like they are putting to much focus on going back to the classics for their first wave, don't get me wrong i'm very happy to finally have an actual Tony Stark Iron Man book again but...there just is no real balance. Marvel seems to have a serious problem with balancing the new and the old, playing way to hard into either direction at any given time.
    The thing is even the old get left behind, how many team-book characters get dumped.

Everybody who was on an Avengers team or the Defenders who doesn't have a solo book has fallen into limbo, unless we have some surprises coming.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I've been checking in everyday waiting to see what else is announced. Particularly waiting to see what's in store for Miles Morales. (Getting impatient.)
    Other than that there's nothing that really grabs my attention besides Slott's Ironman and Spencer on Spider-Man. I hope Marvel does more diverse things with their minis though. Maybe I'll check out Avengers but ehhhhh.

I might buy the Antman mini to support my comic book store. Everything else I can just subscribe to or buy for cheap on Amazon...

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Imagine the movies didn't exist.

Wouldn't Marvel still be putting an enormous emphasis on The Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Venom?

Wouldn't you expect them too? Wouldn't it completely weird and ridiculous for them not to?

It's not about giving us "most of the characters with/in movies", it's a publisher pushing most their iconic characters. If you don't want them publishing those characters, characters who have been the backbone of their universe for decades, who the fu*k do you think they should be focusing on instead?

Given that pretty much every major Marvel character already is or eventually will be on the big screen, it's pretty freaking hard to avoid publishing books with characters who also appear in the movies. And why would they even want to avoid that? Just to placate a few fans looking for something to complain about who want to bitch that "Oh, of course Marvel's pushing The Avengers because of the movies." No, they're pushing The Avengers because it's the The Avengers. At what point was that book not a priority for Marvel? Before the MCU was a gleam in anyone's eye, Marvel always made sure The Avengers was a special, pivotal title in their line-up.

Yes, it's cool when they can give attention to less prominent characters. And with books like The Sentry and Domino and others yet to come, I'm sure, they will continue to do so but if you don't think books like The Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Venom are anything of "substance," maybe you just aren't particularly interested in Marvel in the first place. At the very least, it's a bit ridiculous to look at those books and slag Marvel with "Ugh, why are they publishing those books?" Like, movies or no movies, in what scenario would they not be publishing those titles?
    So based on your aggressive response, it seems you didn’t even bother to read my next post of:
    Don't get me wrong, I do like seeing the big names getting focus and the aspect of them bringing back some of the classics, but when you announce a line-wide relaunch, it's obvious that you're gonna get the big names, but since that much is obvious, I'm left more curious as to what they're bringing with the other books getting relaunched/launched. Instead of really bringing any of that up, they just kinda stopped after the A-lister titles were announced.
    It’s not a matter of them having released info on these A-listers but the fact that they announced a line wide relaunch, announced the A-listers that everyone knew would be there and then just stopped without showing what else they were bringing with this relaunch. It doesn’t really tell us much of what’s going on with the whole when you only cover the A-listers. Hell we haven’t even covered all the characters who appeared on the promotional poster when those are used as a teaser to some of what’s coming for the line when they change direction.

Marvel is in the position of figuring out which combination of new and old is going to maximize their income over the next however long period. There is no set formula for this. They have a better idea than we do because it's what they do professionally and because they have access to more data and information than we do. But they basically run stuff up the flagpole and see who salutes it.

I don't think it's a surprise that they have gone from a considerable number of their major solo heroes being replaced to a focus on the tried and true. Many knew and stated the originals were all coming back, and they are. But where some of us thought the replacements were perhaps too numerous recently, there are those who think the basic approach now is too basic. The originals were always coming back and Marvel will always be trying something new.

Marevl Comics is like New England weather. Don't like it? Wait a minute, it'll change.

Interestingly this morning I was listening to the This Week In Marvel podcast and they mentioned an X-23 series from Mariko Tamaki and Juan Cabal. They said it was announced on the Marvel website last week (apparently they record on Tuesdays). However, nothing was announced and I don't see anything on the website so maybe the podcast jumped the gun and no one caught it. Or Marvel delayed the announcement. But I guess we have that coming up.......
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Interestingly this morning I was listening to the This Week In Marvel podcast and they mentioned an X-23 series from Mariko Tamaki and Juan Cabal. They said it was announced on the Marvel website last week (apparently they record on Tuesdays). However, nothing was announced and I don't see anything on the website so maybe the podcast jumped the gun and no one caught it. Or Marvel delayed the announcement. But I guess we have that coming up.......
    Huh, they say X-23 series...so I guess Laura is going back to her old codename and title when Logan gets the Wolverine title back?

BANNED

So based on your aggressive response, it seems you didn’t even bother to read my next post of:
    Not "aggressive" - simply exasperated with fans who want to gripe about Marvel - gasp! - publishing comics featuring their most well known characters and - oh my god! - actually putting them at the front of a relaunch. It's an absurd complaint - especially when someone brings the movies into it. Marvel pretty much has their entire universe on film or TV at this point - if they were publishing comics without those characters, they'd have a very thin line of books.

It’s not a matter of them having released info on these A-listers but the fact that they announced a line wide relaunch, announced the A-listers that everyone knew would be there and then just stopped without showing what else they were bringing with this relaunch. It doesn’t really tell us much of what’s going on with the whole when you only cover the A-listers. Hell we haven’t even covered all the characters who appeared on the promotional poster when those are used as a teaser to some of what’s coming for the line when they change direction.
    As someone else noted on this thread, how far in advance does anyone really need to know "what's going on?" You'll get the full solicits for any given month three months ahead of time. It's March. Do you need to know now what's coming out in, say, the fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, they say X-23 series...so I guess Laura is going back to her old codename and title when Logan gets the Wolverine title back?
    I could live with that. As long as she still has an ongoing. And Cabal on art would be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Apparently? If true, it will be sad to have Tom Taylor leave Laura since he's done such a great job with her. And I can't imagine they'll abandon Gabby.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers