Page 96 of 187 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2791
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

An interview with Geoff Johns. He ensures fans that there will be nothing to worry about with season 2 being CW exclusive
    https://tvline.com/2020/08/13/stargi...-be-different/

He says that filming will stay in Atlanta and sticking with the same team. Though no confirmation if the budget remains the same.

Retired

I think many shows will film their seasons back to back. It makes sense if they have the chance to film now to get as many episodes in the can before they have to possibly shut down and so the networks and streaming services will have enough content.

Although, if Warner Bros. is hurting for cash, it's possible everything will be gone. I don't know how they fund their shows as it is--where did the money for Universe come from? It doesn't seem like something that would ever make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    An interview with Geoff Johns. He ensures fans that there will be nothing to worry about with season 2 being CW exclusive

He says that filming will stay in Atlanta and sticking with the same team. Though no confirmation if the budget remains the same.
    So, honestly, it doesn't seem like much will actually change.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, honestly, it doesn't seem like much will actually change.
    I'm going to wait and see. With AT&T dropping the axe all over Warner Johns keeping his word is not in his hands.

I'm going to wait and see. With AT&T dropping the axe all over Warner Johns keeping his word is not in his hands.
    Generally, that would be true. But with how well received Stargirl has been, and a good chunk of the live action and animated series have been quite popular. If anything, WB will look into expanding upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Generally, that would be true. But with how well received Stargirl has been, and a good chunk of the live action and animated series have been quite popular. If anything, WB will look into expanding upon them.
    Consideringnit got between 900,000 to 1.2 mil viewers per episode on the CW, even after debuting on another service two days eairlier its certainly a money maker.

I read somewhere it was the best debut ratimg CW had had since 2013 with who's line isnit anyway. Even if the DCU only adds a few hundred thousand viewers that makes it a very good result. Not to mention that the demographic the show appeals to is the one that usually spends more of their disposable income (late teen to 20 somethings are a lot less likely to have dependants, mortgages, etc and are quite spend free with their money). Advertisers are usually willing to pay more per rating number when it appeals to the young demographic because of that

I think he said in that interview that the budgets would be slightly lower, but that they were higher in Season 1 to account for start-up and development costs. But they will be using the same teams, so everything should look and feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think he said in that interview that the budgets would be slightly lower, but that they were higher in Season 1 to account for start-up and development costs. But they will be using the same teams, so everything should look and feel the same.
    I think it'll also help if they keep the episode count the same, as I assume that probably helps with the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    There is a difference between a simple illusion and what he did the last time he fought the JSA jr. I guess he was overconfident and arrogant and died because of it.
    That's really what happened. The ISA defeated themselves. They got complacent and overconfident and screwed up. Killing Wizard and Henry were their two biggest mistakes. Henry could've run the machine leaving Brainwave Sr. to fight at his full power. Both his and the Wizards powers are long-range, meaning they could have held the close-contact powered JSA at bay while Icicle Sr and the Crocks moved in for the kill. Letting the Crocks kill the new Fiddler was pretty stupid too.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Henry Jr. would not have joined in with the ISA's plan. Had they allowed Jr. to live, they would have failed a lot quicker.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    There were no newspapers with color like that back then on a regular basis. That didn't start until I was a kid back in the late '70s. Also, the date (roman numerals) clearly show that it wasn't from 80-something years ago.
    Bringing this up to correct an error I made in the discussion.
    Ive been rewatchingnthe first few eps tonight.
    The talk Pat had with Mike in episode 2 when he was called to pick him up from school. Pat talled about how when he was his age he played video games and his favorite was paper boy on Atari. Since that game camr out innthe mid 80's, SSK and Stripeswere clearly debuting in the 90s. After mike is like 10 and Pat said he was 20 when he and Sylvester put masks on to save Syl's parents.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    That's really what happened. The ISA defeated themselves. They got complacent and overconfident and screwed up. Killing Wizard and Henry were their two biggest mistakes. Henry could've run the machine leaving Brainwave Sr. to fight at his full power. Both his and the Wizards powers are long-range, meaning they could have held the close-contact powered JSA at bay while Icicle Sr and the Crocks moved in for the kill. Letting the Crocks kill the new Fiddler was pretty stupid too.
    In fairness, they didn't allow the Crocks to kill the Fiddler so much as they simply did it on an impulse.

The biggest problem is that they simply didn't take the JSA seriously until it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, they didn't allow the Crocks to kill the Fiddler so much as they simply did it on an impulse.

The biggest problem is that they simply didn't take the JSA seriously until it was too late.
    Yeah, I wonder if Jordan had any idea what happened to Bowin by the end of it.

STRIPE might look slightly different about mid-season :P

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    STRIPE might look slightly different about mid-season :P

Lowering the budget wont affect the way STRIPE looks at all in season 2. STRIPE was built before the first season. The cost of it was a part of the pilot. They built it so that they could use green screen instead of CGI to keep the costs down. Season 1 was made old school with only a few minutes of CGi each episode to be cheap. The flashing lights in the ISA/JSA battle in ep 1, the few minutes of Icicle battle in 3, the holigraphic google stuff in ep 4. Why do you think they used so much wire work when CGI would have looked better?