Page 65 of 613 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Sue kind of said that. They said "Birthright" and Sue replied "Motherfuker, I gave birth to him."

I was like she speaking the truth.

You're right, she did say that. And I had no problem with her perspective. I have two children and I wouldn't allow people to come to my home and tell me they have more right to my children than my husband and I do. Did the X-Men even reach out to the Richards about their son before showing up on their doorstep?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Your right. And the fact of the matter is...They are BOTH Wrong.

Both sides handled this situation completely WRONG. I'll admit it was a GREAT read, and the small fight scenes were funny. Sue Richards basically soloed most of the X-Men LOL. Just like she did to the Avengers.
    Why is Sue wrong? I'm glad she didn't cow to the X-Men, especially Xavier and Magneto arrogant asses. They had such little, if any, respect for the Richards, especially as Franklin's parents. Sue was shook when Kate popped up in her forcefield. LOL. Yes, Sue did go all Mama Bear.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 02-05-2020 at 06:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Why is Sue wrong? I'm glad she didn't cow to the X-Men, especially Xavier and Magneto arrogant asses. They had such little, if any, respect for the Richards, especially as Franklin's parents.
    Really? Sue attacked them she resulted to Violence instead of having a cool head and actually listening to them. Even Reed Richards was trying to calm her down. She acted in a way that was not really called for.

Really? Sue attacked them she resulted to Violence instead of having a cool head and actually listening to them. Even Reed Richards was trying to calm her down. She acted in a way that was not really called for.
    Well, I'm actually cool with her action because, IMO, she saw the path that fake calm conversation was going. It would've escalated either way, IMO. She simply cut through the bullshit, when Magneto approached her son, as if he would take the boy regardless of what Sue and Reed thought. Come on, how many X-Men did Xavier bring with him? That was a blatant threat that they could take Franklin. And maybe they even would've. Hell, Kate should not have taken him from his house and to a Krakoa gate. None of the X-Men had any right.

Mighty Member

Well, I'm actually cool with her action because, IMO, she saw the path that fake calm conversation was going. It would've escalated either way, IMO. She simply cut through the bullshit, when Magneto approached her son, as if he would take the boy regardless of what Sue and Reed thought. Come on, how many X-Men did Xavier bring with him? That was a blatant threat that they could take Franklin. And maybe they even would've. Hell, Kate should not have taken him from his house and to a Krakoa gate. None of the X-Men had any right.
    I'm an X fan ONLY. I don't follow other franchises and don't follow the F4 but I agree Sue was right in acting like she did. X and Magneto were total arrogant dicks. Magneto for mouthing off and X for allowing to come knowing how he mouths off.

BANNED

So, your saying it's ok to attack people when your having a calm conversation regardless if you feel they are being fake. Is that what your saying? If, so then I would ask you do you do that to people? Regardless, of how emotional you are or how you don't like the way the conversation is going. You don't attack people. Especially, if they haven't provoked a response for you to attack them in the first place.

I think that's an excuse. Because Franklin responded to what Magneto said by saying "I...maybe I could just..." and then Sue attacked him. Clearly, she jumped to conclusions in that instant. As I said before Even Richards was trying to calm her down. Nobody in that room resulted to Violence but Sue. I agree that the X-Men that went to confront the FF should not have been there. I've said that many times. But that doesn't give you the right to attack people with no provocation. Could it have lead to a fight? Sure, the way Magneto was talking yes. But it wouldn't have started THAT quick since Sue decided to attack.

Storm shouldn't have attacked the Human Torch, just like the Human Torch shouldn't have jumped to conclusions of Kitty kidnapping Franklin when Franklin decided to go. Both Sides are in the wrong Here no matter how you wanna bend and twist it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

why is it in these versus stories do the xmen always come across irrational. I just refuse to believe ororo would be I with the xmen taking Franklin without the blessings of his parents.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So, your saying it's ok to attack people when your having a calm conversation regardless if you feel they are being fake. Is that what your saying? If, so then I would ask you do you do that to people? Regardless, of how emotional you are or how you don't like the way the conversation is going. You don't attack people. Especially, if they haven't provoked a response for you to attack them in the first place.

I think that's an excuse. Because Franklin responded to what Magneto said by saying "I...maybe I could just..." and then Sue attacked him. Clearly, she jumped to conclusions in that instant. As I said before Even Richards was trying to calm her down. Nobody in that room resulted to Violence but Sue. I agree that the X-Men that went to confront the FF should not have been there. I've said that many times. But that doesn't give you the right to attack people with no provocation. Could it have lead to a fight? Sure, the way Magneto was talking yes. But it wouldn't have started THAT quick since Sue decided to attack.

Storm shouldn't have attacked the Human Torch, just like the Human Torch shouldn't have jumped to conclusions of Kitty kidnapping Franklin when Franklin decided to go. Both Sides are in the wrong Here no matter how you wanna bend and twist it.
    If they come talking about taking my child away and I had Sues' powers, that's exactly my response. Especially if one of them is Magneto who isn't exactly and upstanding citizen. They didn't even call and ahead came in force. That would be enough to get the door shut in your face. lol. If it had been just Xavier and they discussed it over tea, Sues' behavior would be an over reaction, but for this situation it was appropriate.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If they come talking about taking my child away and I had Sues' powers, that's exactly my response. Especially if one of them is Magneto who isn't exactly and upstanding citizen. They didn't even call and ahead came in force. That would be enough to get the door shut in your face. lol. If it had been just Xavier and they discussed it over tea, Sues' behavior would be an over reaction, but for this situation it was appropriate.
    yea I agree. the fault here doesnt lie with sue at all and her response was understandable considering the circumstances.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea I agree. the fault here doesnt lie with sue at all and her response was understandable considering the circumstances.
    Also Scott may be the reason Reed masked Franklins DNA. He was talking out of pocket after the Sabertooth incident.

If i look at it objectively and outside the story there is no way the FF are wrong in the overall picture. Franklin is there child and while he may have diplomatic immunity with the law because he is a mutant that doesn't mean that supersedes parental duty. If it was my mother or father there is no doubt in my mind the x-men would be dead right now. That said i'm loving the story and the x-men don't look like lunatics they do have sound reasoning and plaaaaans but shifted gear and are playing it right knowing they were in the wrong by leaning in on knowing reed would overstep (he really didn't) in the eyes of a teen and are hoping a teen acts like a teen. Once he steps foot on krakoa, it's basically game over for the FF unless Franklin wants to see them and they know it. I can't blame Reed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't deny that Charles and Magneto showing up to the FF house to try and convince Reed and Sue that Franklin is better off in Krakoa is a Bad thing. It is. I've said this many times in the other thread Charles and Erik should not have gone. Things would have been smoother. So yes they are to Blame. But so are Reed and Sue. What is also wrong is Sue Richards attacking Magneto when he didn't do anything, but talk to Franklin directly. Sue Richards jumped the gun here, Human Torch jumped the Gun accusing Kitty for Kidnapping. Reed Richards getting mad because Charles accused his wife for getting violent which she is. Both Sides are wrong.

So,Cville are you saying that you attack people for no reason when you have disagreements and heated arguments with people?

Yes, I go around smacking people who are pretending to be calm but are actually threatening me and my children. Yeah, that's how I roll. Smh.

This is what I know, if you want to talk real life. People hide a lot behind the veneer of calmness. They use their fake calm demeanor as a weapon, even a bludgeon to excuse their bias, bad behavior, ill intent, etc. As soon as the other person reacts, even violently, to the supposedly calm person's real motive, it is the emotional person who is castigated and maligned. Trust me, I am that calm person who can cut a person with my words without raising my voice or using vulgar language.

As a woman, I've seen "calm" men push a woman's button until she goes off on him. He smiles, then points at her and says, "See, the over emotional woman." As an African American, I've seen the same happen with "calm" whites who push a person of color's buttons until they go off. The white person smiles and says, "See, over emotional, violent, etc. black person..."

No, I'm not condoning violence. What I am saying is that a calmness can mask a lot. Underneath Xavier's calm veneer was a filament of threat that Sue detected. So, no, I wouldn't have physically attacked Magneto, but I also wouldn't have invited the X-Men into my home either, the way Sue did. Then what? Do you think the X-Men would've gone away, tails between their legs?

I don't deny that Charles and Magneto showing up to the FF house to try and convince Reed and Sue that Franklin is better off in Krakoa is a Bad thing. It is. I've said this many times in the other thread Charles and Erik should not have gone. Things would have been smoother. So yes they are to Blame. But so are Reed and Sue. What is also wrong is Sue Richards attacking Magneto when he didn't do anything, but talk to Franklin directly. Sue Richards jumped the gun here, Human Torch jumped the Gun accusing Kitty for Kidnapping. Reed Richards getting mad because Charles accused his wife for getting violent which she is. Both Sides are wrong.

So,Cville are you saying that you attack people for no reason when you have disagreements and heated arguments with people?
    So now we should just let our kids talk to strangers? That doesn't even make sense to me. If i saw an actor on tv that was very popular and i saw that same actor talking to my child when i don't want him to and or know him like that (ps. i don't have kids so maybe i'm wrong.) I'm going Incredible hulk on someone. Naw homie don't play that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Like Uncle Phil when the other parent insulted Ashley and his mother. When children are on the line, everything goes. lol.