Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Loki, Sentry, Dr. Doom & Dr. Strange attempt to assassinate Odin (scenario)

Loki has had enough. For whatever reason, Strange, Doom and the Sentry are on board and decide Odin is unfit to rule Asgard. They get a week to prepare some stuff before teleporting to the fringe of Asgard.

Some rules:
    Doom can go ham, but no time travel.

Loki can likewise use the whole week but only with stuff he can scrounge up in Dooms Latveria.

Strange can ONLY take ONE artifact from his sanctuary into battle with him. The rest of his prep has to be in Asgard itself on the way to Odin.

Lastly, Thor is likewise in Asgard and can help Odin but is somewhere off in the fringe as well. Odin has a premonition of a looming threat an hour before the assasins arrive, so he is wary and cautious. They won't find him sleeping or whatnot.

Can they do it?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    ...and decide Odin is unfit to rule Asgard.
    You say it like it's not the case.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *chokes on waves of laughter*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    *chokes on waves of laughter*
    *covers you both in Amnesia Dust*
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

A bloodlusted Odin that knows they are coming can just nuke the whole place, can't he? Hell, with an hour of notice he may even decide to evacuate first.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    A bloodlusted Odin that knows they are coming can just nuke the whole place, can't he? Hell, with an hour of notice he may even decide to evacuate first.
    He doesn't know /what's/ coming. Just a vague idea that something bad is heading his way. The idea was for him to be cautious and alert, not actively obliterate Asgard haha.

Basically I didn't want them to hide until he fell asleep or something.
    - big_adventure

Sorry, I can't help laughing about Odin evacuating. Normally, the word evacuate is used with respect to a location. For example, the building was evacuated after the fire alarm went off. If you evacuate a person, you are basically giving them an enema, and with a big guy like Odin, that could be a real mess. No insult intended, the word "evacuate" is misunderstood by most people.

As for the scenario, I don't think that the team can beat Odin. Although I find Odin's galaxy-busting to be questionable, he is certainly capable of dishing out massive area of effect blasts that should take out this group. Doom could theoretically try to steal Odin's power, but his equipment has never handled someone as powerful as Odin, and even the Beyonder was too much for Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Doom could theoretically try to steal Odin's power, but his equipment has never handled someone as powerful as Odin, and even the Beyonder was too much for Doom.
    This implies Odin is more powerful than PR-Beyonder.

Sorry, I can't help laughing about Odin evacuating. Normally, the word evacuate is used with respect to a location. For example, the building was evacuated after the fire alarm went off. If you evacuate a person, you are basically giving them an enema, and with a big guy like Odin, that could be a real mess. No insult intended, the word "evacuate" is misunderstood by most people.
    I believe the word is being used here with reference to Asgard and not Odin, unless that was all sarcasm in which case mea culpa

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Odin would be evacuating Asgard (a location) not his bowels. Sorry for the confusion.

Odin would be evacuating Asgard (a location) not his bowels. Sorry for the confusion.
    Nah, I think Shellhead knew what you intended, but was just having a laugh at the literal use of the word lol :P
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 01-08-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
    - big_adventure

Odin's got a week to discern the threat. He knows there is threat. So he's got all defenses up. He's got Thor helping. Aaaand, I have no idea how this plays out.

If I were Odin, here's what I do. First, taking a clue from Dormammu I mean the Dorm, I'd start calling myself the Ode. Granted this would cause people to start calling me Odie but it's a distraction. Then I would indeed abdicate the throne and leave for parts unknown. They would never see this coming. Then I'd just wait for Loki, Sentry and Doom to take each other out since none of them would ever share the throne. Maybe Strange gets taken out or maybe when they attack him he's the survivor. Doesn't matter. Then I only have one of them to deal with. That is when the Ode returns in triumph. Epic poems shall be written about it. We'll call them, "An Ode to- something".
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Odin's got a week to discern the threat. He knows there is threat. So he's got all defenses up. He's got Thor helping. Aaaand, I have no idea how this plays out.

If I were Odin, here's what I do. First, taking a clue from Dormammu I mean the Dorm, I'd start calling myself the Ode. Granted this would cause people to start calling me Odie but it's a distraction. Then I would indeed abdicate the throne and leave for parts unknown. They would never see this coming. Then I'd just wait for Loki, Sentry and Doom to take each other out since none of them would ever share the throne. Maybe Strange gets taken out or maybe when they attack him he's the survivor. Doesn't matter. Then I only have one of them to deal with. That is when the Ode returns in triumph. Epic poems shall be written about it. We'll call them, "An Ode to- something".
    Bwahaha, the "Ode" :P

As absolutely awesome as this was (meaning extremely awesome lol), technically he only gets an *hour* of spider sense before they arrive in Asgard ;p
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

Now that you mention it, Loki and Dormammu might find it difficult to work as a team, given their dramatic falling out in Avengers #118:

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...I can't see the image, but I assume it's Furnace Face ragdolling Loki, because nothing else makes sense.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate