Page 214 of 241 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3610

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If that was the case of if you are a member of Justice League-you deserve a solo-John Stewart, Vixen, Black Lighting, Dina and others who have graced that roster should have gotten shots. Instead we got excuses. Especially for John Stewart.

His high profile with that team has done nothing for him to MAKE someone at DC take his push seriously.
    Difference is that none of them were ever given the type of push Cyborg was given. They were prominently used either in just one show or had guest appearances here and there, with the exception of Black Lightning who's getting his own TV series. DC went above and beyond to continuously push Cyborg in everything they did, be it comics, animation, video games or live action and they've been doing that for seven years straight. They can't just "raise the white flag" because they've invested too much in him, so for the foreseeable future they will seem to keep trying until they finally manage to find a way to make it work. Another thing is, at this point the character has been so ingrained in the JL inside and outside of comics, that you know they would get a ton of backlash if they suddenly decided to just stop pushing him.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I haven't been a fan of his for a very long time, but just give Cyborg to Bendis. I do think he would do well with the character, plus the character could damn sure use a writer with that profile.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-05-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Difference is that none of them were ever given the type of push Cyborg was given. They were prominently used either in just one show or had guest appearances here and there, with the exception of Black Lightning who's getting his own TV series. DC went above and beyond to continuously push Cyborg in everything they did, be it comics, animation, video games or live action and they've been doing that for seven years straight. They can't just "raise the white flag" because they've invested too much in him, so for the foreseeable future they will seem to keep trying until they finally manage to find a way to make it work. Another thing is, at this point the character has been so ingrained in the JL inside and outside of comics, that you know they would get a ton of backlash if they suddenly decided to just stop pushing him.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I haven't been a fan of his for a very long time, but just give Cyborg to Bendis. I do think he would do well with the character, plus the character could damn sure use a writer with that profile.

Aside from the comics and that movie-Dc has him as Titan way more than a Leaguer.

Who is going to get mad that his pushed stopped? Hal Jordan fans?

If they stopped his push-I would be the first to clap.

See Black Panther-if DC is not willing to do that-don't bother then.

If Priest nor Bendis will do it-don't bother.

10 volumes of Cyborg is going to do what? When no one wants to read them?

If they are not willing to include Cyborg in ALL not SOME of Justice League merchandise-don't bother anymore.

If Cyborg can't play big roles in events like Panther & Falcon & Miles-don't bother.

Stop wasting everyone's time and resources that could got to some else.

Aside from the comics and that movie-Dc has him as Titan way more than a Leaguer.

If they are not willing to include Cyborg in ALL not SOME of Justice League merchandise-don't bother anymore.

If Cyborg can't play big roles in events like Panther & Falcon & Miles-don't bother.

It isnt just the comics (almost a decade now) and the DCEU that depict him a JL member/founder. The animated movie universe, Justice League Action, the Lego DC movies, mobile app games, Injustice universe, DC boardgames, and action figures also depict him as a Justice League member/founder. That's a ton of media!

The only place he's depicted as a Titan is TT:GO but only because it's based on the 2003 TT series. Honestly though, I wish they pushed Black Lightning and Vixen as hard as they do Cyborg!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

He's featured as a Titan in one cartoon aimed at 5 year olds.

Why would Hal Jordan fans get mad about it? Let me guess, because you think they could be worried DC would stop pushing Cyborg and bring John Stewart in Jordan's place? You couldn't be more predictable if you tried. Aren't you the one who always says comic fans don't matter as compared to the outside world? Well, what kind of reaction do you think this outside world might give DC if they see they just suddenly gave up on this character after trying so hard with him for so long. You don't think DC could get at least a little bit of bad publicity for it.

Good for you. Priorities and all.

Cyborg can't be compared to Black Panther, nor he should.

Well give it to Bendis asap then.

They don't need ten, just one that happens to be good and popular.

Agreed about that, as long as he is in the JL put him on every type of JL merch.

They don't play big roles in every event either, he's currently playing a rather big role in Metal.

Or you can both do that, as well as treat the character with better care.

Damn Sara, that hurt my feelings and it wasn't even directed at me.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Chron View Post
    Attachment 60359

Some fan art I made with my apple pencil. Let me know what you guys think
    That is so dope. I love the lighting!

That's a great idea. Cartoon Network seemingly had Teen Titans day today and I was struck by how Cyborg's likability and sense of fun there, hasn't translated to his solo comic (where I've seen). For all his faults Bendis writes fun well and could give Cyborg the boost that he needs.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    That is so dope. I love the lighting!

Thanks! I appreciate it

Ultimate Member

They don't play big roles in every event either, he's currently playing a rather big role in Metal.
    Panther kept Doom busy in Secret Wars while the others save the day.

Tony Stark was taken out because of a vision that Miles was going to kill Steve Rogers.

They are not getting taking out by Bat Jesus or kicking Hal in the face.

Some even got solo stories in the endless collection of spinoff event in books.

Unlike Cyborg they still got books. So it's moot point that he's doing whatever in some love letter to Bat Jess event.

Your argument was that Cyborg wasn't playing important roles in event stories, I pointed out that you were wrong. Forever Evil also comes to mind where he saved the League and that was a Johns story.

Justice League #37. Priest does care about Cyborg. Looks like the beginning of something new and positive with Victor.

And seems like according to him, if your favorite GL is Hal Jordan, you're a racist extremist. I've always thought very highly of Jim Owsley, not sure why he of all people would create a villain like that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-17-2018 at 07:43 AM.

BANNED

Huh I didn't see it like that. Hal is the famous GL, makes sense to impersonate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Huh I didn't see it like that. Hal is the famous GL, makes sense to impersonate him.
    The villain in the story is a bigoted "fan" of the Justice League who hates, and I quote, "the Mexican chick", "Lawrence of Arabia", "Soul brother Stewart" and thinks Hal Jordan is "the man", after which he dresses up like Jordan to go commit a terrorist act. This is the type of character I'd expect to see from someone like Gabby Rivera, not from Christopher Priest.